Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jay Mariotti calls Romo a Bust (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32180)

SouperMeister 09-25-2009 04:03 PM

Re: Jay Mariotti calls Romo a Bust

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;595392][B]Is that the guy on "Around The Horn"? I cannot stand him. He is so irritating[/B]. Only person more irritating is Skip Bayliss. Tony Romo isn't a bust only because he wasn't drafted that high. So to get the production that they have out of him is on the positive side of things. That being said. He is a little above average. He tries to be Brett Favre but there is only one Brett Favre. I doubt that Dallas will have the same patience Green Bay had.[/quote]Yes, "Around the Horn" would be where you've seen Mariotti, and speaking of irritating, I can't think of another show that is any more so.

SmootSmack 09-25-2009 04:16 PM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;595392]Is that the guy on "Around The Horn"? I cannot stand him. He is so irritating. Only person more irritating is Skip Bayliss. [B]Tony Romo isn't a bust only because he wasn't drafted that high. [/B]So to get the production that they have out of him is on the positive side of things. That being said. He is a little above average. He tries to be Brett Favre but there is only one Brett Favre. I doubt that Dallas will have the same patience Green Bay had.[/quote]

Right. Wasn't even drafted so I don't think there were any expectations of him in the first place so it's hard to consider him a bust.

firstdown 09-25-2009 04:22 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;595340]Let's be honest Romo played a miserable game against the Giants... just really a piss poor performance for someone of his supposed caliber. I do agree he's overhyped but a bust?[/quote]
Well if we look back 2 years people said the same stuff about Mr Eli and look now. Didn't Romo get a big new contract last year?

skinsfaninok 09-25-2009 04:40 PM

He wasn't drafted Or if he was it was real late lol how's he a bust?

killromo 09-25-2009 04:59 PM

He's way overrated I will say that. But then again I am biased.
-Killromo

53Fan 09-25-2009 05:19 PM

:lol:

johnwayne 09-25-2009 05:25 PM

the 25th pick in the first round of the 2005 draft. now, lets talk BUST!

dmvskinzfan08 09-25-2009 05:35 PM

Speaking of "Around The Horn" Kevin Blackistone has some sense at least. He said he is not drinking the Kool-Aid like everyone else. He says that the one team that the Redskins has scored 30 points on in recent history has been the Lions. He said this may be our break out game. The other dude only point is that they scored 40 or so points so far in two games. Yeah the Lions can score but they can stop anyone and our D is solid. We make mistakes by our D is getting better each week. Jason Campbell had one of his career games against the Lions.

*Whether Romo is a bust or not. He still sucks. All Cowboys do..lol

dmvskinzfan08 09-25-2009 05:42 PM

I am going out on a limb. I am also predicting this. May seem a little out there because we aren't rolling yet. But Dallas will end up last in our division. Romo let's his emotions get the best of him. Dallas D isn't playing that well. We also saw that the receivers had a good game in week 1. But teams seem to fear them less since Owens is gone. Witten was their leading receiver last game with 5 catches for 33 yards? Romo 13/29 127 1 3. I think that we should hold our heads a little higher because the Giants [B]are[/B] that good. Manning is having a very good year so far. Saying that we gave them 7 points on a fumble return. We must have a little more faith in our Skins.

SirClintonPortis 09-25-2009 07:27 PM

Wherefore art thou, Terrell and Parcells and Sparano?

Dirtbag59 09-25-2009 08:52 PM

A bust in canton maybe :D

44Deezel 09-25-2009 10:00 PM

[quote=MCWHITEY;595313]I would take Romo over JC right NOW!!!!![/quote]

Ditto. Marriotti is a douche.

Big C 09-25-2009 11:22 PM

hes done very well for an undrafted rookie. definitely overrated, no idea why a qb with as little playoff success as he has is in the media spotlight all the time, but hes not a bust. just overrated.

Eknox 09-26-2009 12:07 AM

and nooooooowww back to Thewarpath...

djnemo65 09-26-2009 12:11 AM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;595392]Is that the guy on "Around The Horn"? [B]I cannot stand him. He is so irritating. Only person more irritating is Skip Bayliss.[/B] Tony Romo isn't a bust only because he wasn't drafted that high. So to get the production that they have out of him is on the positive side of things. That being said. He is a little above average. He tries to be Brett Favre but there is only one Brett Favre. I doubt that Dallas will have the same patience Green Bay had.[/quote]

Well that puts you in precise agreement with Charles Barkley, who says those two are the sports media guys he hates the most in the world.