Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Quick Hitters: Yes, they are this bad (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32215)

PennSkinsFan 09-27-2009 05:54 PM

Redskins Quick Hitters: Yes, they are this bad

[URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/09/quick-hitters-yes-they-are-this-bad.html"][B]http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/09/quick-hitters-yes-they-are-this-bad.html[/B][/URL]

[QUOTE]I have received some criticism in recent weeks for being too tough on the Redskins, being too negative and focusing too much on problems and not enough on all the great things the Redskins are doing or are capable of doing. If you are one of the people who still believes that, you might not want to read further. I'm not going to rip the Redskins for the sake of doing it, but the team has not looked good this year and many of their problems have been in the making for some time. In other words, these are problems that could have been solved and, on a team with better management and coaching, would have been solved by now. If you're willing to consider that the Redskins might be as bad as they look, read on...[/QUOTE]

SFREDSKIN 09-27-2009 05:57 PM

Re: Redskins Quick Hitters: Yes, they are this bad

Overpaid underachievers with giant egos is the problem this team has.

Skinny Tee 09-27-2009 06:02 PM

NO SHIT!...Let the record state I wasn't fooled by the fake ass hope and promises that were being sold before we actually found out.

You gonna have to SHOW ME THAT SHIT!!! Not catching me anymore with that. If you're a good team then win against competitive teams, THEN I'LL BELIEVE IT.

Spence 09-27-2009 06:03 PM

Rest assured, I'll be here to take the beating I know is coming. :)

I don't want to be negative. I've been a fan of this team for as long as I can recall and I've spent a small fortune on tickets and merchandise on them. I've also spent an incredible amount of my personal time [just ask my wife!] on this team. I want them to win. I really do. But I can't deny the things I see with my own two eyes. I don't mind if people disagree with everything I write, but at least acknowledge that I love the Skins as much as you do.

skinsfan_nn 09-27-2009 06:06 PM

Well bottom line you are what you are. Pretty simple in the case of this thread.

Kind of a moot point, I think most on the board that have been watching this team the last several weeks and have an IQ above single digit...understand.

DynamiteRave 09-27-2009 06:06 PM

Very good article. Speaking some truths for sure.

SUNRA 09-27-2009 06:11 PM

The handwriting was on the wall last year. This team under Campbell has not scored 30 points in 19 games. That's the facts. If he finishes the season he will be on the bench waiting to be released.

NYCSkin 09-27-2009 06:11 PM

Great article...fans need to hear this stuff so that we can lower expectations to more realistic levels...

wilsowilso 09-27-2009 06:17 PM

Welcome to rock bottom. Hopefully.

Reset.

Gotta get rid of Mr. Smithers pronto.

Stacks42 09-27-2009 06:17 PM

it all begins with the O and D lines. The Skins lines just arent playing very well. I hate to admit it but I Buges has to go, Ive said it before. I love the guy, and he is funny as hell, but since he has been the O-line coach, the skins have not been that great. There is just nothing fluid about this team at all.

skinsfan_nn 09-27-2009 06:24 PM

[quote=SUNRA;597422][B]The handwriting was on the wall last year. This team under Campbell has not scored 30 points in 19 games[/B]. That's the facts. If he finishes the season he will be on the bench waiting to be released.[/quote]

I agree. He will finish this season on the bench. The Z man WILL get the axe during this 2009 season, and the rest of the coaching staff will go in the off-season, right along with JC and many others. This will be a blow up of what we now see.

The NEW HC will bring in his coaching staff this go around!

Vinny will also finally get the AXE!

DynamiteRave 09-27-2009 06:25 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;597445][B]I agree. He will finish this season on the bench. [/B]The Z man WILL get the axe during this 2009 season, and the rest of the coaching staff will go in the off-season, right along with JC.

The NEW HC will bring in his coaching staff this go around!

Vinny will also finally get the AXE![/quote]

You really think so? I just can't see them benching JC... When do you think said benching will take place?

skinsfan_nn 09-27-2009 06:39 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;597447]You really think so? I just can't see them benching JC... When do you think said benching will take place?[/quote]

Just a guess.....but maybe when Zorn is canned or soon there after. But IMO JC has not and will not ever be the guy here he doesn't have the talent or the brain/speed to make a decision ability to get it done at crunch time.

JC is an OK game manager, but he's hit or miss. He will never have the consistency to be a top tier leader/franchise QB in the NFL.

GTripp0012 09-27-2009 06:42 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;597469]JC is an OK game manager, but he's hit or miss. He will never have the consistency to be a top tier leader/franchise QB in the NFL.[/quote]Perhaps not. But you're guess that he'll be on the bench doesn't make sense unless we acquire someone who can play.

I'd be in the market for a quarterback if someone was willing to sell a system cast off (such as Tavaris Jackson) for the bargain basement price of a 7th round pick. But unless we acquire someone, Campbell has the whole season. That's just the way it is, dude.

GTripp0012 09-27-2009 06:44 PM

I also am not really sure how Campbell is a "game manager?" He's getting the ball down field for yards, but is struggling at the fundamentals such as ball protection. That would seem to be whatever the opposite of a game manager is.

Whatever, he has 13 more games to show he can get it altogether.

KI Skins Fan 09-27-2009 06:51 PM

[quote=Spence;597408]Rest assured, I'll be here to take the beating I know is coming. :)

I don't want to be negative. I've been a fan of this team for as long as I can recall and I've spent a small fortune on tickets and merchandise on them. I've also spent an incredible amount of my personal time [just ask my wife!] on this team. I want them to win. I really do. But I can't deny the things I see with my own two eyes. I don't mind if people disagree with everything I write, but at least acknowledge that I love the Skins as much as you do.[/quote]

I was one of those who criticized your preview of the Lion's game because I thought it was overly harsh but I never questioned your loyalty to the Skins.

Now I think I should tell you that I have no problem whatsoever with your autopsy of the Skins after the Lion's debacle. If anything, you went easy on them.

PennSkinsFan 09-27-2009 07:00 PM

[quote=Stacks42;597435]it all begins with the O and D lines. The Skins lines just arent playing very well. I hate to admit it but I Buges has to go, Ive said it before. I love the guy, and he is funny as hell, but since he has been the O-line coach, the skins have not been that great. There is just nothing fluid about this team at all.[/quote]

Slow down one second. Joe Bugel can only coach up the level talent the Redskins provide him. One Lineman drafted in first two rounds since 2000? 2 Lineman in top 3 over last 5 to 6 years. Buges can only work with what is given to him.

skinsfan_nn 09-27-2009 07:21 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;597475]Perhaps not. But you're guess that he'll be on the bench doesn't make sense unless we acquire someone who can play.

I'd be in the market for a quarterback if someone was willing to sell a system cast off (such as Tavaris Jackson) for the bargain basement price of a 7th round pick. But unless we acquire someone, Campbell has the whole season. That's just the way it is, dude.[/quote]

Maybe thats the way it is in your mind. But then again your probably just confused.

If I recall correctly the back up to JC at this time also happens to be the last QB that lead this team to the playoffs. Collins can easily take this team over if there is a shake up and do a fine job.

Thats the facts, dude.

GTripp0012 09-27-2009 07:30 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;597556]Maybe thats the way it is in your mind. But then again your probably just confused.

If I recall correctly the back up to JC at this time also happens to be the last QB that lead this team to the playoffs. Collins can easily take this team over if there is a shake up and do a fine job.

Thats the facts, dude.[/quote]Surely you're not suggesting that Todd Collins is a solution to our points issue? Because that would be completely insane.

Trample the Elderly 09-27-2009 08:18 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;597569]Surely you're not suggesting that Todd Collins is a solution to our points issue? Because that would be completely insane.[/quote]

Todd Collins? When was the last time we beat the Giants? Oh yeah, it was when Collins was the QB. When was the last time we snuck into the play offs? That's right, Todd Collins was the QB. I'm not sticking up for Soup anymore.

GTripp0012 09-27-2009 08:20 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;597680]Todd Collins? When was the last time we beat the Giants? Oh yeah, it was when Collins was the QB. When was the last time we snuck into the play offs? That's right, Todd Collins was the QB. I'm not sticking up for Soup anymore.[/quote]But the last time we won the super bowl, Mark Rypien was the quarterback. Lets bring him back. After all, the point of offense is to try to relive the past. That's why the Raiders have been so good this year.

Ruhskins 09-27-2009 08:23 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;597682]But the last time we won the super bowl, Mark Rypien was the quarterback. Lets bring him back. After all, the point of offense is to try to relive the past. That's why the Raiders have been so good this year.[/quote]

Let's get Hogs back together, and Riggo too!

44Deezel 09-27-2009 08:31 PM

[quote=SUNRA;597422]The handwriting was on the wall last year. This team under Campbell has not scored 30 points in 19 games. That's the facts. If he finishes the season he will be on the bench waiting to be released.[/quote]

And he won't be picked up by ANY team that intends to start him. Blame it on him, blame it on his situation, whatever. The job never got done on his watch. Life ain't always fair. But there isn't one other team in the NFL that would sign JC to be their guaranteed starter. The best he would get is a chance to compete for a starting job for some shitty team like the Browns, Raiders, Rams, etc.

And I would venture to say that the personnel departments of every other team in the NFL is vastly more qualified at evaluating talent than anyone logging time on this board.

Ruhskins 09-27-2009 08:33 PM

[quote=44Deezel;597702]And he won't be picked up by ANY team that intends to start him. Blame it on him, blame it on his situation, whatever. The job never got done on his watch. Life ain't always fair. But there isn't one other team in the NFL that would sign JC to be their guaranteed starter. The best he would get is a chance to compete for a starting job for some shitty team like the Browns, Raiders, Rams, etc.

And I would venture to say that the personnel departments of every other team in the NFL is vastly more qualified at evaluating talent than anyone logging time on this board.[/quote]

Yeah, blame that m'f'er!! How dare he throw for over 300 yds and 2 TDs!!! He should've thrown for 600 yds and 6 TDs!!!! He sucks!!

Trample the Elderly 09-27-2009 08:42 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;597682]But the last time we won the super bowl, Mark Rypien was the quarterback. Lets bring him back. After all, the point of offense is to try to relive the past. That's why the Raiders have been so good this year.[/quote]

If Rypien was on the bench I'd play him. We as Redskins fans have no right to bash other teams right now.

redsk1 09-27-2009 08:43 PM

Thank you for telling it like it is and that's how it is at the end of week 3.

PennSkinsFan 09-27-2009 08:47 PM

One of the very first things I would do if I were Zorn, since it is clear he wont be fired, is call players like Fred Smoot, Carlos Rogers, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly into my office one on one and ask them to tell me why they deserve to be on the field on Sunday. Time for some accountability.

Throw a guy lie Marko Mitchell in the game. If he doesn't make the catch, you are no worse off than what you are getting from Thomas and Kelly. Throw Westbrook and Tryon in. They will play no worse than Smoot.

We are stuck with Zorn, Zorn is stuck here. The best way to move forward is hold players accountable and give others opportunities. Like BMitch said, some of these guys are looking like they dont want to play. Someone like Marko Mitchel or Byron Westbrook would love the opportunity to prove themselves.

TheSmurfs22 09-27-2009 08:47 PM

Great article thank you.