Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are you going to do about it? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32232)

Trample the Elderly 09-28-2009 12:33 PM

What are you going to do about it?

This product isn't worth buying anymore, not with the grifter in chief running the show. This is more than just another I hate Snyder thread.

It's time we stopped blaming players and coaches for the failure of the organization as a whole. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Here's an article from the Bleacher Report. Truer words have never been said IMO.

[url=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/262537-whos-to-blame-in-washington]Who's to Blame for the Lion's Share of Problems with the Washington Redskins? | Bleacher Report[/url]

What can we do as fans of this franchise to help?

One: We stop buying tickets to the games.

Two: We stop buying all the trinkets.

Three: We write, contact, or voice our sentiment to people within the organization that we feel that [U][B]Danny[/B][/U] has ruined our team.

I'm going to go on Cooley's website and tell him how I feel, respectfully. If anyone has any addresses I would greatly appreciate it. Don't worry, I'll not write about Communist and man eating chimps.

Four: Join the mutiny! It will make you feel better. There's no point in being optimistic anymore. The handwriting is on the wall.

You can still watch the games, you're paying for television right? That doesn't go into Danny's pockets. or does it? The point is that those tickets are a rip off.

There's no use in bitching about something you can't change. We do have the power of the wallet, and it speaks volumes.

Daseal 09-28-2009 12:35 PM

Re: What are you going to do about it?

I don't blame Snyder, really. But I refuse to spend another cent on this team this year. No jerseys, hats, games, anything. I have a feeling that a lot of people are in the same boat as me.

SmootSmack 09-28-2009 12:45 PM

Not going to do anything. I'll keep rooting for them to succeed, watching them on tv, going to a game if I get a chance, and living my life like it ultimately doesn't matter to me if they win or lose. Which it doesn't. Only difference is if I'm a little happier Monday morning or not.

I know for some people here it's "I just love this team so damn much, they're my life, without them I'm nothing"

Not for me, I love the team but they're not my life. I guess I've been blessed enough in real life to not have to say they are.

Hog1 09-28-2009 12:49 PM

Kevin Sheehan had a good point a minute ago.
He said, "right now their is RAGE in DC. That is still ok as the fans still care. Dan needs to worry when the fans quit caring, and that cannot be far off".
He's right

BDBohnzie 09-28-2009 12:54 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;598401]Not going to do anything. I'll keep rooting for them to succeed, watching them on tv, going to a game if I get a chance, and living my life like it ultimately doesn't matter to me if they win or lose. Which it doesn't. Only difference is if I'm a little happier Monday morning or not.[/quote]
This is where I'm at. I leave my feelings "on the field" so to speak. I used to carry the lingering affects of a win or loss for days after the Skins played. Now, by the time they've switched games or moved on in programming, I'm done. For me, life's too short to let something I have no control over affect me for longer than it needs to. And while I'm still a very passionate Redskins fan and will curse and yell and scream as well as cheer and whoop it up, today's another day. No matter who owns the Skins, who wears their uniform on the field, or what stadium they are playing in, I will always be a Redskins fan.

Stacks42 09-28-2009 12:56 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;598379]This product isn't worth buying anymore, not with the grifter in chief running the show. This is more than just another I hate Snyder thread.

It's time we stopped blaming players and coaches for the failure of the organization as a whole. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Here's an article from the Bleacher Report. Truer words have never been said IMO.

[URL="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/262537-whos-to-blame-in-washington"]Who's to Blame for the Lion's Share of Problems with the Washington Redskins? | Bleacher Report[/URL]

What can we do as fans of this franchise to help?

[B]One: We stop buying tickets to the games.[/B]

Two: We stop buying all the trinkets.

Three: We write, contact, or voice our sentiment to people within the organization that we feel that [U][B]Danny[/B][/U] has ruined our team.

I'm going to go on Cooley's website and tell him how I feel, respectfully. If anyone has any addresses I would greatly appreciate it. Don't worry, I'll not write about Communist and man eating chimps.

Four: Join the mutiny! It will make you feel better. There's no point in being optimistic anymore. The handwriting is on the wall.

You can still watch the games, you're paying for television right? That doesn't go into Danny's pockets. or does it? The point is that those tickets are a rip off.

There's no use in bitching about something you can't change. We do have the power of the wallet, and it speaks volumes.[/quote]

My tickets as well as any other season ticket holders tickets are paid for, we had to pay upfront back in March. So not going is basically throwing a couple grand down the toilet. I might as well go and enjoy the tailgate.

mredskins 09-28-2009 12:58 PM

^ Amen SS, in the end who cares, if the skins win a SB does all my debt go away, do I live forever, does my penis grow 8 more inches, etc.... No nothing happens just like nothing happen to me when they lost to Detriot. For me it is a escape for three hours on a sunday afternoon, if that escape is pissing me off I turn it off. For the past few years I have been really struggling if why I follow any sports and I have backed off immensly the amount I use to watch and care about.

I think once I was married and now have a kid I really don't have enough free time to care or waste on sports. I can be a huge die hard Skins fan until I die will anyone ever thank me for that or I can pour that same intensity into my marriage and my son, guess what they are instantly grateful and loving. I could stop cheering for or switch teams this instant do you think anyone on the Redskins would care and this holds true for every person on here as well, they would not give a damn.

Trample the Elderly 09-28-2009 01:00 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;598401]Not going to do anything. I'll keep rooting for them to succeed, watching them on tv, going to a game if I get a chance, and living my life like it ultimately doesn't matter to me if they win or lose. Which it doesn't. Only difference is if I'm a little happier Monday morning or not.

I know for some people here it's "I just love this team so damn much, they're my life, without them I'm nothing"

Not for me, I love the team but they're not my life. I guess I've been blessed enough in real life to not have to say they are.[/quote]

I'd be lying if I said that the Skins don't play a big part in my life. There wouldn't be a board if this wasn't the case for many people. With that said I'll say this again, if the only thing I have to worry about is a garbage football squad, life is good.

DynamiteRave 09-28-2009 01:02 PM

I'm only 22, and usually my Sunday nights are shot when we lose, but dude, I'm in my senior year of college and I'm trying to get the EFF out.

Eff the Redskins after the post-game report, all they'll get is my eyes glued to the TV on Sunday afternoons, after that, they're put in the back of my mind.

Trample the Elderly 09-28-2009 01:04 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;598421]I'm only 22, and usually my Sunday nights are shot when we lose, but dude, I'm in my senior year of college and I'm trying to get the EFF out.

Eff the Redskins after the post-game report, all they'll get is my eyes glued to the TV on Sunday afternoons, after that, they're put in the back of my mind.[/quote]

Don't fool yourself. You're on a message board writing about them on a Monday. Join the mutiny Dynamite. It will be fun.

firstdown 09-28-2009 01:08 PM

Like mredskins, SS, and Bdbohnzie have stated I just don't let looses effect me anymore. I have a wife, a 3 yr. old daughter, and a 24 yr. old daughter that are more important then getting upset over a football game. It did at one point but not anymore. I probably have spent $30 or skins gear over the past ten years so they are not making money off me now that I dropped my season tics a few years back.

mredskins 09-28-2009 01:18 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;598423]Don't fool yourself. You're on a message board writing about them on a Monday. Join the mutiny Dynamite. It will be fun.[/quote]

Actually if not for this board I would probably drop the skins, this is a nice getaway during the work week if not for a minute or two through out the day.

There is a good core group of folks on here, regardless of what the subject matter is.

There was time in my teens or early twenties if the Skins lost the 1 o'clock I would just go and sit in my room and pout or come home to my apartment. Now looking back that was lost time with my buddies, time I will never get back. I WON'T make that mistake with time with my family, if it doesn't look like a win or a game where we have a chance to win against a good team I am out and doing something else. Yesterday my wife went shopping with her mom and the baby during the game when she got back I said feel free to book an social event on Sundays this winter becasue I won't be sitting in front this TV watching the Deadskins.

Chico23231 09-28-2009 01:21 PM

Great article. Danny and Vinny both suck and should take the blame for this crap they call a team. I dont just hate them now either, I have hated them their entire riegn as the as these decision making clowns have disgraced this franchise. People look at the history of the past 10 years and the god awful knee-jerk decision these 2 make. Look at the choice of coaches, the draft picks, the trading away of draft picks, the horrible free agent signings...it does start at the top NO QUESTION about it. Im in.

BrunellMVP? 09-28-2009 01:22 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;598401]Not going to do anything. I'll keep rooting for them to succeed, watching them on tv, going to a game if I get a chance, and living my life like it ultimately doesn't matter to me if they win or lose. Which it doesn't. Only difference is if I'm a little happier Monday morning or not.

Not for me, I love the team but they're not my life. I guess I've been blessed enough in real life to not have to say they are.[/quote]

I hear you, but come on- your 25,000+ post disagree that the skins are a major part of your life.

JGisLordOfTheRings 09-28-2009 01:30 PM

I agree. How can you justify spending money on a team as worthless as this? I bought tickets to the Bucs game a month or two back but Danny Boy will get no more from me. I'm seething angry at the fact that we are this bad, but at least I haven't reached the point of not caring.

I rue the day that I do.