Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoot lays the Smackdown (Redskins vs. Bucs) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32415)

dmvskinzfan08 10-05-2009 02:05 PM

Re: Smoot lays the Smackdown (Redskins vs. Bucs)

[quote=Mattyk72;602769]Rock looks like he's running in slo-mo this year.[/quote]

If anyone knows me they know how I feel about Rock. So I am going to stay out of this one.. :D

dmvskinzfan08 10-05-2009 02:08 PM

[quote=saden1;602832]Malcom Kelly is all hype no catches and no TDs. I really don't see what many see in him. You want to see a tall receiver catching the ball? See Brandon Marshall vs the Cowboys. That right there is a how you catch the god damn ball.[/quote]

Exactly!! See Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, etc. Moss makes better attempts at jump balls than Kelly..lol. I am being serious. Not saying he has height but he goes up for it.

SmootSmack 10-05-2009 02:38 PM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;602881]If anyone knows me they know how I feel about Rock. So I am going to stay out of this one.. :D[/quote]

speaking of running backs we're working out Chris Henry tomorrow

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10494]Chris Henry Stats - Tennessee Titans - ESPN[/url]

I'd be kind of surprised if we sign him. Just a standard mid-week workout I think

freddyg12 10-05-2009 02:45 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;602903]speaking of running backs we're working out Chris Henry tomorrow

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10494"]Chris Henry Stats - Tennessee Titans - ESPN[/URL]

I'd be kind of surprised if we sign him. Just a standard mid-week workout I think[/quote]

that's really out of nowhere! By "standard mid-week workout" do you mean that throughout the season this is done quite often?

I am still disappointed that Betts doesn't get any carries. Has he lost a step or do they just want to get CP in a groove? Betts has got to have as much or more burst than CP at this point.

SmootSmack 10-05-2009 02:49 PM

[quote=freddyg12;602907]that's really out of nowhere! By "standard mid-week workout" do you mean that throughout the season this is done quite often?

I am still disappointed that Betts doesn't get any carries. Has he lost a step or do they just want to get CP in a groove? Betts has got to have as much or more burst than CP at this point.[/quote]

Yeah this sort of stuff is pretty regular. Out of work veteran, agent probably called and said "hey, just give him a workout. Maybe you'll like what you see."

We'll need to sign a punter most likely, don't think we need to add a running back

Ruhskins 10-05-2009 02:50 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;602903]speaking of running backs we're working out Chris Henry tomorrow

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10494]Chris Henry Stats - Tennessee Titans - ESPN[/url]

I'd be kind of surprised if we sign him. Just a standard mid-week workout I think[/quote]

For a second I thought we wanted to stock up on RBs just like Chucky stocked on QBs during his last two seasons in Tampa Bay.

freddyg12 10-05-2009 02:54 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;602909]Yeah this sort of stuff is pretty regular. Out of work veteran, agent probably called and said "hey, just give him a workout. Maybe you'll like what you see."

We'll need to sign a punter most likely, don't think we need to add a running back[/quote]

I wonder if Langston Walker or any other vet OTs out there have come knocking? It really surprises me that Walker doesn't have a job, that I know of at least. Heard he was asking for a lot of $ early on though.

Ruhskins 10-05-2009 02:57 PM

[quote=freddyg12;602913]I wonder if Langston Walker or any other vet OTs out there have come knocking? It really surprises me that Walker doesn't have a job, that I know of at least. Heard he was asking for a lot of $ early on though.[/quote]

Or Levi Jones. I think it's also insane that Junior Seau's corpse is about to sign with Darth Hoody, yet Derrick Brooks is still out there.

44Deezel 10-05-2009 03:09 PM

[quote=freddyg12;602907]that's really out of nowhere! By "standard mid-week workout" do you mean that throughout the season this is done quite often?

I am still disappointed that Betts doesn't get any carries. Has he lost a step or do they just want to get CP in a groove? Betts has got to have as much or more burst than CP at this point.[/quote]

I was a big Betts supporter and thought the Skins should have platooned him and Portis instead of giving Portis 342 carries last year. But I have to admit, he doesn't look good right now... not that Portis looks all that great either. But even the few times Betts has gotten the ball in space, he hasn't looked good trying to elude tacklers. As bad as the O is, no one is beyond being benched, with the exception of Moss and Cooley.

dmvskinzfan08 10-05-2009 03:18 PM

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10494"]Chris Henry Stats - Tennessee Titans - ESPN[/URL]

But I thought we were covered with Betts and Rock??

dmvskinzfan08 10-05-2009 03:21 PM

What? Betts sucks dude!! Don't you know he is older than Portis? To add to that has never been faster than Portis. Supposedly is more of a power runner than Portis. But isn't. Portis [B]used to[/B] get into the end zone on short yardage but Betts has been having problems for a few years now. I just can't take this comment seriously.

Longtimefan 10-05-2009 03:23 PM

Jason Campbell:
Without a doubt he definately needs to protect the ball better in the pocket. This has been an ongoing problem, time he got that corrected. It's not all the time you'll be able to overcome four turnovers and still come out with a win, the level of competition had more to do with that than anything else. Four turnovers you lose against a good team.

Malcom Kelly:
Does not get a great deal of seperation from the defender on some routes, others, maybe the QB should consider putting it up, give him an opportunity to use his athletic ability and make a play. The INT thrown in his direction Sunday was one that should not have been thrown into that type coverage. He could have made more of an effort to come back for the ball (maybe) but the BL is, it was an ill-advised throw.

Carlos Rogers:
Typical of what's been going on for him when the ball hits him where it's hard for him to catch it. In all fairness though I think Carlos thought that was just a pass play broken up and didn't expect the ball to even come to him. The ball surprised him........again

Todd Yoder:
A player of his experience should have known better......but

Hunter Smith:
Has already punted far more than he did all last year in Indy. As a matter of fact the first pre-season game surpassed his punt total of all last year. A groin injury is not surprising considering.......Get well quickly Hunter.

Sam Huff:
#70 is not what he used to be.

SmootSmack 10-05-2009 03:24 PM

Henry, of course, used to play for Sherman Smith so I'm sure that played a big part in him getting a workout

dmvskinzfan08 10-05-2009 03:28 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;602930]Henry, of course, used to play for Sherman Smith so I'm sure that played a big part in him getting a workout[/quote]
What was the dude that used to play for the Broncos that got kicked out of the league. Can't think of his name. I think it was Travis Henry. Got them confused for a second. Saw the pic and was like nevermind.. lol

Chris Henry isn't that impressive.

rbanerjee23 10-05-2009 03:29 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;602711]I'm with you and I think that he's the least of our problems. If it's me, I'm giving him a 2-4 year extension, and work on building the lines.

People can talk about Zorn, talk about Campbell all they want, but then after that they want us to draft linemen. We can't have it both ways. If we end up drafting another QB (most likely a first round pick) then the cycle just begins again.

I want a highly touted OL with our first pick in the draft this year. I don't care what anyone wants to say, Campbell is a slightly above average QB and I'll take that any day of the week until our line has improved.[/quote]

I am inclined to agree with you even though I disagree about JC being a slightly above average qb...people can whine and complain about the fact that he has had 5 years and he still makes mistakes. BUILD THE OL