Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Laron Landry!? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32416)

DBUCHANON101 10-05-2009 06:19 PM

Re: Laron Landry!?

Trade him for picks.

Paintrain 10-05-2009 06:44 PM

[quote=Meks;603031]cut the guy some slack people. he's a great player...

i would like to see him go back to SS tho.[/quote]

Define 'great' please.

Trample the Elderly 10-05-2009 06:53 PM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;603060]Trade him for picks.[/quote]

I'd be cool with that.

EARTHQUAKE2689 10-05-2009 07:11 PM

or draft Taylor Mays and put him as SS. (Not that I want Mays)

WaldSkins 10-05-2009 07:19 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;603072]or draft Taylor Mays and put him as SS. (Not that I want Mays)[/quote]

I read Taylor Mays could play linebacker as well as safety. Is there any truth to this?

53Fan 10-05-2009 09:11 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;603073]I read Taylor Mays could play linebacker as well as safety. Is there any truth to this?[/quote]

As much as Sean Taylor could, it would be wasting his talents though. It would be like playing Orakpo at LB....oh wait.....nevermind. USC has played him as a centerfielder, much like we do Landry. He has asked to play closer to the line so he could make more plays and Carroll has said with the graduation of 4 LB's last year he would try to oblige him, but he is a big, fast, punishing safety at around 226-230 and that is where he does the most good. It seems like that position takes a lot of talent, but unfortunately for the player, takes you out of a lot of highlights. Unless you ARE Sean Taylor. :)

Redskin Warrior 10-05-2009 10:39 PM

I think that is what is wrong with LaRon he is trying to hard to fill ST's shoes but it will never happen ST was a rare once every 10-15 years freakish athlete.

djnemo65 10-05-2009 10:59 PM

At this point you have to figure that Landry kind of is who he is right? Tremendous athlete, but I'm start to give up that he's going to significantly develop at a later point.

SFREDSKIN 10-05-2009 11:07 PM

I think the problem with Landry is that he wants to be in the highlight reels, this guy has his own agenda, like not showing to OTA's. During the off season I would trade him and use that pick on Taylor Mays who could be the next Sean Taylor.

Big C 10-05-2009 11:08 PM

if i had to describe him as a player so far, he is a fast player, good size, can lay the lumber, but is not a sure tackler and does not make game changing plays that is really required from a safety taken in the top 10...

skins89moss 10-06-2009 04:44 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;603152]I think the problem with Landry is that he wants to be in the highlight reels, this guy has his own agenda, like not showing to OTA's. During the off season I would trade him and use that pick on Taylor Mays who could be the next Sean Taylor.[/quote]

Dude don't we need to worry about drafting O-Lineman next draft. Laron is the least of our worrys right now.

skins89moss 10-06-2009 04:49 AM

[quote=Paintrain;603065]Define 'great' please.[/quote]

Once again picks don't mean a damn thing if you can't judge talent. Just ask the RAIDERS who constanly give away players ( R.Moss,C.Woodson,D.Hall) or have high draft picks (J.Russell,Hayward-Bey,R.Gallery,D.McFadden) that have not produced.

skins89moss 10-06-2009 04:53 AM

Why even make a thread about a player who is not used properly right now. He is being used the same way we used Sean Taylor. Laron was not drafted to be used in that positon but the sudden and tragic death of S.Taylor, forced the coaches to put Laron their. We need to draft or sign quality O-Lineman this offseason no if and or buts.

DBUCHANON101 10-06-2009 06:09 AM

Ppl want Mays but it seems that each USC game i watch that he is a liability in pass coverage. kindof like who we have now so why waste a pick for what we already have? He is a hard hitter but so is landry when he is on time, which is rare here lately.

tootergray34 10-06-2009 07:11 AM

mcfadden on any other team but the raiders is a monster. if we traded him for picks we'd use it on a friggin lineman not taylor mays. if we traded him how sweet would it be to get brian baluga and russel okung in the first round??? that would be the dream draft.