Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Thought It Takes 2 Years To Learn The WCO (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32469)

Trample the Elderly 10-07-2009 03:17 PM

Re: I Thought It Takes 2 Years To Learn The WCO

Just beat Dallas and Filthy and I'll be happy.

CRedskinsRule 10-07-2009 03:30 PM

[quote=firstdown;603920]Not to get off the point but if they would have changed course later wouldn't they have already hit the iceberg? [IMG]http://www.thewarpath.net/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG][/quote]

well I tried to find a link and I couldn't. I probably said it wrong before as well. If they spotted the iceberg one minute before, and changed course at that point then they would have missed the iceberg. If they spotted the iceberg one minute later, and thus changed course one minute later, they would have rammed the iceberg head on, and the front compartment seals would have kept the boat afloat either completely or long enough for the ship to be cleared properly (like i said I don't remember).

But because of when they saw it and reacted to it they were caught in mid turn, and tore the side open which was not sealed, and the water flooded the boat quickly and the tragedy resulted.

firstdown 10-07-2009 03:43 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;603941]well I tried to find a link and I couldn't. I probably said it wrong before as well. If they spotted the iceberg one minute before, and changed course at that point then they would have missed the iceberg. If they spotted the iceberg one minute later, and thus changed course one minute later, they would have rammed the iceberg head on, and the front compartment seals would have kept the boat afloat either completely or long enough for the ship to be cleared properly (like i said I don't remember).

But because of when they saw it and reacted to it they were caught in mid turn, and tore the side open which was not sealed, and the water flooded the boat quickly and the tragedy resulted.[/quote]
Well now that makes more sense.

Green1 10-07-2009 04:39 PM

[quote=firstdown;603821]We all talk about Snyder not showing any patients but what are all the fans now doing? When Zorn was hired all the talk was it takes 2 years for the O to learn and get down the timing of the WCO. Joe T. and others said over and over again it takes 2 years and fans need to be patient. We are 4 weeks into the season not even close to having two years in the system and now everyone is jumping ship. Just a thought.[/quote]

The WCO is fine but the playcalling is the problem. The same plays over and over again isn't going to work. Zorn's WCO/playcalling is the problem

BigHairedAristocrat 10-07-2009 04:43 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;603933]Just beat Dallas and Filthy and I'll be happy.[/quote]

is that once each or twice each? I'm trying to know if you need a 6-10 season to be satisfied or just 4-12.

BigHairedAristocrat 10-07-2009 04:48 PM

[quote=firstdown;603946]Well now that makes more sense.[/quote]

Actually, the titanic never sank. Its all a big conspiracy.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_conspiracy]Titanic alternative theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

[quote][B]Gardiner's Ship That Never Sank[/B]
One of the most controversial[5][6] and complex theories was put forward by Robin Gardiner in his book, Titanic: The Ship That Never Sank?[7] In it, Gardiner draws on several events and coincidences that occurred in the months, days, and hours leading up to the sinking of the Titanic, and concludes that the ship that sank was in fact the Titanic's sister-ship RMS Olympic, disguised as the Titanic, as an insurance scam.[/quote]

And before you mock me and say anyone would be crazy to beleive that, just remember that "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information."

WaldSkins 10-07-2009 04:51 PM

[quote=Angry;603932]If they can start scoring in the Redzone, then yes they are close.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE][/quote]

But we don't so were not

53Fan 10-07-2009 04:53 PM

[quote=Angry;603833]I think that there has been progress. It just hasn't translated into points and wins yet. If the Skins stay the course, they can get there.[/quote]

I'm with Angry on this one.

44Deezel 10-07-2009 05:21 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;603823]Well it's not like at the end of two years you suddenly have learned it. The expectation is that you see progress over the course of a year and a half. Have we seen that progress?[/quote]

Maybe it's a Benjamin Buttons Offense that progresses in reverse. They start off good and then get worse and worse with each game. At the year 2 mark, they'll be averaging zero points a game.

44Deezel 10-07-2009 05:25 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;603992]But we don't so were not[/quote]

And it's nothing new. They were the 4th worst team in the red zone last year. It's foolish to think they're going to somehow become a red zone juggernaut with the same players and coaches, especially when they play better Defenses. Defies logic, actually.

44Deezel 10-07-2009 05:25 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;603933]Just beat Dallas and Filthy and I'll be happy.[/quote]

Me too. Set the bar low. Just beat Dallas.

DynamiteRave 10-07-2009 05:39 PM

[quote=44Deezel;604002]Maybe it's a Benjamin Buttons Offense that progresses in reverse. They start off good and then get worse and worse with each game. At the year 2 mark, they'll be averaging zero points a game.[/quote]

Haha, that actually makes some sense though. I could see it happening.

My biggest question is how long do people (and the FO) stomach mediocrity before they decide it's time to step in and make a change? When does it stop being, "knee-jerk" and starts becoming "a good idea?". This season? Next season? When this team starts imploding on itself? I keep seeing that many people want to give certain players and staff a chance.. But where's the point (if there is one) where you just have to come to terms with the fact that maybe "XYZ" isn't cut out for what is demanded of them?

And that's not to say that they're TERRIBLE and can't make it in the NFL as a player or a staff position, but that maybe they're just out of their element on this team and can't adjust to their roles.

davy 10-07-2009 05:49 PM

I like the Titanic analogy.

Perhaps they should hand out life-jackets at the next home game, because if we don't beat the Chiefs things are going to get awful choppy.

over the mountain 10-08-2009 02:05 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;603864]Staying the course wouldnt have saved the Titanic from sinking and it won't help this team. At some point, its time to abandon ship and get on another boat, so to speak. Whether that process starts after the bye week or at the end of the season, it doesnt change the fact that this ship is sinking under Zorns leadership. Hiring him as HC was one of the biggest mistakes this franchsise has made in its history. Staying the course any longer than necessary won't change that fact. Someone else will be coaching the skins in 2010. We can either start laying the groundwork for that now, or wait until the seasons over and "blow everything up." It needs to happen. Its going to happen. Staying the course is not an option.[/quote]

this seems perfectly timed for what we were talking about yesterday . . .

[URL="http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...ic_the_mo.html"][COLOR=#ffc20e]http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...ic_the_mo.html[/COLOR][/URL]

go skins!!

dang it its supposed to be this skins 2009 titanic video spoof posted on the wash post . . . shooot.

Beemnseven 10-08-2009 09:44 PM

[quote=Angry;603832]The fans of the Washinton Redskins are impatient, always have been impatient, and always will be impatient. People in DC want instant gratification on the football field just as they experience in their every day lives. When things don't work the way we expect immediately, we want to change it. It is the attitude that comes with the town. The only way to counter the fans attitude of the DC area is to ignore it and be patient. Kind of hard to do when you (the owner) are a fan who was raised in this town.

If I can become a millionaire in a year, then why can't I win a Superbowl in a year?[/quote]

Ugh. Patience?

Three winning seasons in ten years? No Super Bowl or conference championship appearance in 18 years? How much longer are we supposed to be patient?

In this league, patience is what the losers preach.