Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Sources Confirm Portis-Sellers Incident (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/32522-sources-confirm-portis-sellers-incident.html)

SFREDSKIN 10-09-2009 11:33 AM

Sources Confirm Portis-Sellers Incident

[url=http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/]Redskins Insider - Your daily source for news and commentary on the Washington Redskins, by Jason Reid[/url]

Monkeydad 10-09-2009 11:38 AM

Re: Sources Confirm Portis-Sellers Incident

Good, somebody on offense needs to get fired up.

RobH4413 10-09-2009 11:43 AM

Ack.

Losing sucks. The thing this team needs more than anything else is a solid W. It's been a looong time since we've had one of those.

Defensewins 10-09-2009 11:47 AM

Boys will be boys...this kind of thing happens on a football team. It is not unusual, we just normally do not hear about it.
Although I do question Portis asking the coaches to replace a player and how that got back to Sellers. Either Portis was not respectful and discreet about his request, or someone whispered in Sellers' ear.
Portis needs back down the ego a bit.

warriorzpath 10-09-2009 11:48 AM

This isn't good. This team is falling apart.

freddyg12 10-09-2009 11:48 AM

I hate to say it, but if what's reported about CP requesting MS be replaced, it's another sign than CP is a team cancer, enabled by DS who has guaranteed him big $ even as his ability is in decline.

It's not the first time he's thrown teamates or coaches under the bus. Remember him talking about the o line last year & of course the "head coach is a genius" comments to J. Thompson.

The Skins Insider reported not long ago that Portis wasn't in shape. A bit confusing since in preseason they reported that he was in camp & working harder than in year's past. In shape or not, his play on the field hasn't been exemplary to the point that he can point fingers at anyone. I agree w/Slingin Sammy' he's developed a bad habit of tripping himself.

irish 10-09-2009 11:49 AM

Sellers is pretty much a worthless player except for the little bit of blocking he does so when he has problems with that then he becomes a huge liability.

SmootSmack 10-09-2009 11:54 AM

[quote=Defensewins;604587]Boys will be boys...this kind of thing happens on a football team. It is not unusual, we just normally do not hear about it.
Although I do question Portis asking the coaches to replace a player and how that got back to Sellers. Either Portis was not respectful and discreet about his request, or someone whispered in Sellers' ear.
Portis needs back down the ego a bit.[/quote]

Agreed.

I would also say though that Sellers nearly killed us with his dropped TD pass and his decision to change up his blocking assignment against the Lions definitely killed us. He has to step it up

GMScud 10-09-2009 11:54 AM

This team is hanging on by a very, very thin thread.

SmootSmack 10-09-2009 11:55 AM

[quote=GMScud;604594]This team is hanging on by a very, very thin thread.[/quote]

That's what they used to say about the Giants with all the bickering they would have under Coughlin...look at them now

Chico23231 10-09-2009 11:55 AM

[quote=Buster;604574]Good, somebody on offense needs to get fired up.[/quote]

That was my first thought. But if CP is serious, wow, Yoder? lol

Defensewins 10-09-2009 11:56 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;604596]That's what they used to say about the Giants with all the bickering they would have under Coughlin...look at them now[/quote]

Yeah but they know how to draft players. We do not.

Ruhskins 10-09-2009 11:58 AM

[quote=Defensewins;604598]Yeah but they know how to draft players. We do not.[/quote]

Oh boy here we go :doh:

SmootSmack 10-09-2009 12:00 PM

I wouldn't say Portis is a team cancer at all...I would say though that he reportedly doesn't really speak to any of his teammates but Moss. He basically just keeps to himself. He's not a team leader but I don't know about team cancer.

Trample the Elderly 10-09-2009 12:07 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;604596]That's what they used to say about the Giants with all the bickering they would have under Coughlin...look at them now[/quote]

They also had to get rid of some folks too. Strahan, Shockey, Barber . . . At one point they were considered the heart and soul of NY. Sound familiar?