Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Gray, Smith likely interim coach choices (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/32600-gray-smith-likely-interim-coach-choices.html)

PennSkinsFan 10-12-2009 10:58 AM

Gray, Smith likely interim coach choices

[URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/10/gray-smith-likely-interim-coach-choices.html"][B]http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/10/gray-smith-likely-interim-coach-choices.html[/B][/URL]

[QUOTE]Former Redskins beat reporter and current reporter for the NFL Network Jason LaCanfora reveals that The Li'l General,[B] Dan Snyder[/B], refused to board the team plane home last night because he was so upset over the loss to the Carolina Panthers. [/QUOTE]

SmootSmack 10-12-2009 11:03 AM

Re: Gray, Smith likely interim coach choices

I had a source tell me on Friday it's pretty much Jerry Gray's job...unless by some "miracle" Shanahan walks in that door.

This same source also told me we were going to draft Rey Mauluga the morning of the draft...so just know he's not 100%

Skinny Tee 10-12-2009 11:04 AM

[quote=PennSkinsFan;606849][URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/10/gray-smith-likely-interim-coach-choices.html"][B]http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/10/gray-smith-likely-interim-coach-choices.html[/B][/URL][/quote]

Changing the coach really can't make that much a difference. It's not like it will give Campbell more time to throw or our WR more open.

Firing Zorn would just be a heat of passion move more than anything.

Redskin Warrior 10-12-2009 11:04 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;606855]I had a source tell me on Friday it's pretty much Jerry Gray's job...unless by some "miracle" Shanahan walks in that door.

This same source also told me we were going to draft Rey Mauluga the morning of the draft...so just know he's not 100%[/quote]

But they had to draft Orakpo over Rey

GTripp0012 10-12-2009 11:08 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;606855]I had a source tell me on Friday it's pretty much Jerry Gray's job...unless by some "miracle" Shanahan walks in that door.

This same source also told me we were going to draft Rey Mauluga the morning of the draft...so just know he's not 100%[/quote]Is there an expected timetable for the move? The bye week seems like a favorable time to make a move, but I'd personally pull the trigger right now.

There's a legitimate point that we could ride Zorn to the end of the season and beyond, but that relies on the conclusion that the coaching isn't an issue (or at least not a big one). If the conclusion is that, yes, the head coach is clearly in over his head, why wait?

redskins5044 10-12-2009 11:09 AM

[quote=Redskin Warrior;606858]But they had to draft Orakpo over Rey[/quote]

should have drafted Michael Oher. but we probably would have moved him to fullback. lol

DBUCHANON101 10-12-2009 11:10 AM

This same source also told me we were going to draft Rey Mauluga the morning of the draft...so just know he's not 100%[/quote]

Well noone saw RAK falling to us so thats not a big miss.

redskins5044 10-12-2009 11:13 AM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;606868]Well noone saw RAK falling to us so thats not a big miss.[/quote]

yeah he did fall to us, but we didnt need help on defense and too make matters worse we made him into a linebacker. We should have kept him a DE and brought washington back.

JLee9718 10-12-2009 11:13 AM

If the Redskins had any depth on their roster, we wouldn't even be talking about changing the HC.

DBUCHANON101 10-12-2009 11:16 AM

[quote=redskins5044;606871]yeah he did fall to us, but we didnt need help on defense and too make matters worse we made him into a linebacker. We should have kept him a DE and brought washington back.[/quote]

At that point you have to look at the talent level. RAK who is said to be the best pass rusher in the draft or the 4th best OT. It killed us not having a 2nd but i feel RAK will be special and was worth the pick.. and yes he should stay at DE.

SmootSmack 10-12-2009 11:17 AM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;606868]Well noone saw RAK falling to us so thats not a big miss.[/quote]

Speak for yourself

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/545781-post1.html[/url]

(ignore all my other picks in the top 13 as they were a bit...off :) )

SkinEmAll 10-12-2009 11:23 AM

would leaving zorn as hc and have someone else call the plays make a difference? who knows, keeping zorn, firing zorn, new play caller, qb change............ugh! nothing will change the outcome im afraid. this year sucks more than any year in the last 17.

Paintrain 10-12-2009 11:36 AM

Gray seems like a reasonable choice. As for if a new HC can block and tackle, well no of course not but any logical HC would have activated Rinehart yesterday over Griffin who was injured and they knew he wouldn't play. There's no way to assume Samuels would get hurt but Williams was hurt most of the pre-season so what would have been Plan D if HE got injured in the game?

Another logical miss was when Samuels went down, rather than play someone at LT who has never played it at the NFL level, why not slide Heyer to LT, Williams to RT and Will Montgomery to RG? Did Montgomery go from competing for a starting job when Thomas went down to 4th on the depth chart in 2 weeks?

The roster is very flawed but making the best of what you have is clearly not one of Zorn's strengths and another HC might make better decision in that regard this season.

Slingin Sammy 33 10-12-2009 11:38 AM

Pretty shitty move by Snyder if that's what happened. You learn a lot about people when :hitfan:

The smart thing to do is nothing right now. Snyder needs to show patience, even if it's killing him. That's the best thing for the long term success of the franchise. It won't fix anything this year. Barring true divine intervention, we have no chance at anything this year now anyway.

Snyder needs to be interviewing GM candidates now. Not Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden, Holmgren (I'm over the Holmgren as HC/GM, keep Zorn as Asst HC/OC thing, more in the Game Review). Don't do a damn thing until a real GM is hired.

Mattyk 10-12-2009 11:42 AM

[quote=Paintrain;606898]Gray seems like a reasonable choice. As for if a new HC can block and tackle, well no of course not but any logical HC would have activated Rinehart yesterday over Griffin who was injured and they knew he wouldn't play. There's no way to assume Samuels would get hurt but Williams was hurt most of the pre-season so what would have been Plan D if HE got injured in the game?

Another logical miss was when Samuels went down, rather than play someone at LT who has never played it at the NFL level, [B]why not slide Heyer to LT, Williams to RT and Will Montgomery to RG? Did Montgomery go from competing for a starting job when Thomas went down to 4th on the depth chart in 2 weeks?
[/B]
The roster is very flawed but making the best of what you have is clearly not one of Zorn's strengths and another HC might make better decision in that regard this season.[/quote]

Yeah makes sense to me too. I wonder if that was Bugel's call or Zorn's. Either way, this team seems to find new ways each week to go against logic.