Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Slingin Sammy 33s - Panthers Game Review (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32627)

SmootSmack 10-14-2009 10:46 AM

Re: Slingin Sammy 33s - Panthers Game Review

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;608232]If I'm deciding between Smith & Gray, I'm going Gray. And Smith's going to get back into the rulebook for Specials (I missed this rule too).[/quote]

Same here.

Slingin Sammy 33 10-14-2009 11:22 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;608085]SS33, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on some of the top rumored QBs coming out this year[/quote]I haven't been able to watch too much NCAA this year, but I'm an ND fan and Clausen has been pretty damn good, even with his top WR out for the year. He's made big plays to win games. I just hope he stays in so ND can get a championship next year. He's probably coming out though and he'd be a good pick-up. But he'll probably be gone before we pick.

Bradford's coming off shoulder surgery, he was ridiculously productive last year, but I'm not 100% sold on him. I don't think he's bust material, but I don't make a move up to get him.

Tebow, great college QB, will be a situational player or hybrid Wildcat guy in the NFL. Not NFL QB material.

McCoy, another great college QB. Maybe a backup in a spread style offense in the NFL, but could bust completely.

Our best bet is to get Okung for LT if we can, but he'll likely be gone also.

GMScud 10-14-2009 12:05 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;608216]yeah this kind of says it all right here

[URL="http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/10/zorn_admits_he_didnt_know_fair.html#more"]D.C. Sports Bog - Zorn Admits He Didn't Know Fair Catch Rule[/URL]

I really think Zorn could have had some more success here if he didn't surround himself with....well, himself[/quote]

Wow. That's just... wow. He's in so far over his head it's crazy.

30gut 10-14-2009 12:06 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;608199]This week the OL was definitely a problem. But Zorn's playcalling is baffling. Zorn comes from the Walsh/Holmgren tree you would think he would be scripting his first 15 plays, it sure doesn't seem that way.[/quote]

I wonder if he does script his 1st 15 because if he does he might want to let someone else make the script, seriously.

We almost never score on our 1st drives, we don't score many points in the 1st half and we run the ball like we have a power OL:doh:

Yet in the second half of games the offense is forced to open up because we're trailing and there is more success.
I've even heard Zorn give credit to Sherman Smith and Chris Meidt for their input in half time adjustments like the deep ball to Moss in Detroit.

[quote]I agree, if his pre-read to the primary receiver is correct and he's open. However, it appears to me if the primary isn't open he struggles coming off the primary and progressing to the secondary receivers[/quote]

Well i see his head scanning and i see him looking to one side then coming backside and finding another receiver or hitting Betts on check downs.
I heard Zorn say on the Sports Fix that JC is going through his progression and sometimes he's going through them too fast.

[quote]This is critical. As a franchise we must get a clear evaluation on JC now. Is JC the 6-2 guy from early 2008 or is he the guy from Weeks 3-4 2009? My feeling is that he's the guy from weeks 3-4, but we need to see more to be sure. [/quote]

I don't think the guy from weeks 3-4 has been bad.
The only game where he statistically played poorly we won.
He only thre 23 passes against the Panthers.
The Lions game would have been helped if the playcalling led to a score in the RZ.
Giants game maybe we should have went to the Shotgun passing game earlier?

But, you're right we must get a clear evaluation on JC; and to do this the game must be placed on Jason's shoulders.
If we get a good evaluation of JC it could save us a draft pick that could be spent on the OL.

I happen to think JC is more of the 6-2 guy 2-6 guy.

Hail!

JoeRedskin 10-14-2009 12:30 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;608259]I haven't been able to watch too much NCAA this year, but I'm an ND fan and Clausen has been pretty damn good, even with his top WR out for the year. He's made big plays to win games. I just hope he stays in so ND can get a championship next year. He's probably coming out though and he'd be a good pick-up. [B]But he'll probably be gone before we pick.[/B]

Bradford's coming off shoulder surgery, he was ridiculously productive last year, but I'm not 100% sold on him. I don't think he's bust material, but I don't make a move up to get him.

Tebow, great college QB, will be a situational player or hybrid Wildcat guy in the NFL. Not NFL QB material.

McCoy, another great college QB. Maybe a backup in a spread style offense in the NFL, but could bust completely.

Our best bet is to get Okung for LT if we can, [B]but he'll likely be gone also[/B].[/quote]

If we keep playing the way we are, we will have another chance to miss on the next Adrian Peterson.