Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins break record! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32631)

sancho2613 10-13-2009 11:37 PM

Redskins break record!

Not a good one but...
[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Redskins-are-first-in-history-to-play-six-straig?urn=nfl,195479]Redskins are first in history to play six straight winless teams - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

tryfuhl 10-13-2009 11:45 PM

Re: Redskins break record!

nice, well not really...

this really could've made up for some losses later down the line

Hijinx 10-13-2009 11:47 PM

Not many of them left without a win. God what would our record be vs. good teams.

Chevy13 10-14-2009 01:05 AM

[quote=Hijinx;608111]Not many of them left without a win. God what would our record be vs. good teams.[/quote]

I don't even want to think about that :(

skinsfaninok 10-14-2009 04:45 AM

4-12 Here we com, who would have thought?

DBUCHANON101 10-14-2009 04:51 AM

This is a discrace. My wife tells me i should come to the darkside and become a Bronco fan like her. I used to laugh at her but now she has the 5-0 leverage so i just hang my head in shame. At least i still have my GATORS to keep me sane.

CRedskinsRule 10-14-2009 06:51 AM

One question, among all the moaning, and groaning, doesn't this record imply that there are 6 other teams in at least as bad a shape as us. Yes it would have been nice to be blowing out these teams. and Yes our club has alot of issues. and yes to all the other issues surrounding us. But bottomline, we aren't winless. and other teams are. (atleast until they face us ;) )

edit: ok 5 other teams. And we didn't make this schedule. So this record says more about those 5 teams than about us.

Beemnseven 10-14-2009 07:21 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;608153]One question, among all the moaning, and groaning, doesn't this record imply that there are 6 other teams in at least as bad a shape as us. Yes it would have been nice to be blowing out these teams. and Yes our club has alot of issues. and yes to all the other issues surrounding us. But bottomline, we aren't winless. and other teams are. (atleast until they face us ;) )

edit: ok 5 other teams. And we didn't make this schedule. So this record says more about those 5 teams than about us.[/quote]

Who cares about other bad teams? Since when can we take solace in the fact that there are other clubs that are worse off than us? That doesn't make me feel any better. At the end of the year, I have no doubt we'll be in the cellar -- probably with the Rams, Raiders, and Bucs.

Don't you think the "moaning and groaning" is justified right about now? Or are you happy about the way we're playing?

DAVID 10-14-2009 07:26 AM

4-12, nice record, it took us 5 years to realize that

Coff 10-14-2009 07:31 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;608133]4-12 Here we com, who would have thought?[/quote]

That's rather optimistic.

hagams 10-14-2009 08:29 AM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;608134]This is a discrace. My wife tells me i should come to the darkside and become a Bronco fan like her. I used to laugh at her but now she has the 5-0 leverage so i just hang my head in shame. At least i still have my GATORS to keep me sane.[/quote]

I feel your pain.

My wife is a big Dolphins fan, and after this week she say's "why are you still putting up with them? You see what we've done, don't you want to try my jersey on?".....I did, and it was warm.

sancho2613 10-14-2009 08:46 AM

[quote=hagams;608171]I feel your pain.

My wife is a big Dolphins fan, and after this week she say's "why are you still putting up with them? You see what we've done, don't you want to try my jersey on?".....I did, and it was warm.[/quote]

My wife loves wearing her Vikings jersey every Sunday unfortunately she's been able enjoy every Sunday this year especially the Monday Night game :(

Paintrain 10-14-2009 08:58 AM

[quote=hagams;608171]I feel your pain.

My wife is a big Dolphins fan, and after this week she say's "why are you still putting up with them? You see what we've done, don't you want to try my jersey on?".....I did, and it was warm.[/quote]
lol, that was funny.

CRedskinsRule 10-14-2009 09:02 AM

[quote=Beemnseven;608157]Who cares about other bad teams? Since when can we take solace in the fact that there are other clubs that are worse off than us? That doesn't make me feel any better. At the end of the year, I have no doubt we'll be in the cellar -- probably with the Rams, Raiders, and Bucs.

Don't you think the "moaning and groaning" is justified right about now? Or are you happy about the way we're playing?[/quote]
Yep, I've even done my share. But this particular record has zero to do with the Redskins and everything to do with the teams we are playing. We could have been blowing every team out, and we still would have played 6 winless teams in a row. That is all that i am saying

tryfuhl 10-14-2009 09:27 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;608153]One question, among all the moaning, and groaning, doesn't this record imply that there are 6 other teams in at least as bad a shape as us. Yes it would have been nice to be blowing out these teams. and Yes our club has alot of issues. and yes to all the other issues surrounding us. But bottomline, we aren't winless. and other teams are. (atleast until they face us ;) )

edit: ok 5 other teams. And we didn't make this schedule. So this record says more about those 5 teams than about us.[/quote]

How does other teams being shitty make me feel better? When we won our Super Bowls there were shitty teams too

CRedskinsRule 10-14-2009 12:27 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;608197]How does other teams being shitty make me feel better? When we won our Super Bowls there were shitty teams too[/quote]

I didn't say, or even mean to imply, that it should make us feel better. Only that this record is unrelated to anything that is wrong with the Redskins. And obviously things are wrong with the Redskins.