Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Chase Daniel released by Saints (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/32691-chase-daniel-released-by-saints.html)

rstone1979 10-15-2009 06:18 PM

Chase Daniel released by Saints

[url=http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/new_orleans_saints_waive_quart.html]New Orleans Saints waive quarterback Chase Daniel to make room for kicker Garrett Hartley | New Orleans Saints Central - - NOLA.com[/url]

Hate to keep going back to this but i thought the guy played great for us and was very upset when we released him. Cant we at least sign him to the practice squad and see what happens? Give the kid a chance. What do we have to lose?

dgack 10-15-2009 06:31 PM

Re: Chase Daniel released by Saints

Yeah, because it would be really good for his career to play behind this line right now. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, KID!!

rstone1979 10-15-2009 06:42 PM

He ran pretty well in preseason lol. I think the only person that could escape the rush our qbs get is Usain Bolt

Redskin Jim 10-15-2009 07:17 PM

[quote=rstone1979;609071][URL="http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/new_orleans_saints_waive_quart.html"]New Orleans Saints waive quarterback Chase Daniel to make room for kicker Garrett Hartley | New Orleans Saints Central - - NOLA.com[/URL]

Hate to keep going back to this but i thought the guy played great for us and was very upset when we released him. Cant we at least sign him to the practice squad and see what happens? Give the kid a chance. What do we have to lose?[/quote]
He was released Monday from the team roster. Saints planned on signing him to the practice squad after the 24 hour period of release was up. Not sure if they did or someone else picked him up.

mooby 10-15-2009 07:34 PM

Awesome! This is just the pickup we needed! Remember how great he played in the preseason against those guys that probably didn't make the Steelers squad? The proof is in the pudding gents!

No seriously, I think this isn't even news worthy. I really wish people would just get this idea out of their heads that picking up a scrub qb who had 2-3 good quarters of work in the preseason against guys who don't even make final rosters would make us so much better.

skinsfaninok 10-15-2009 07:49 PM

Yea we still suck and it would be a waist of time, because he sucks too lol

tryfuhl 10-15-2009 08:13 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;609123]Yea we still suck and it would be a waist of time, because he sucks too lol[/quote]
what size?

SBXVII 10-16-2009 01:07 AM

He would be a nice QB to have for a new HC to train. Especially if Campbell decides not to re-sign. Colt, Daniels, Woodson. 3 young guys to rebuild with. Unless of course you are wanting the Skins to take a QB with the top 5 pick we will have. We could spend more picks on OL.

T.A.P.O.A.F.O.R. 10-16-2009 01:10 AM

[quote=SBXVII;609256]He would be a nice QB to have for a new HC to train. Especially if Campbell decides not to re-sign. Colt, Daniels, Woodson. 3 young guys to rebuild with. Unless of course you are wanting the Skins to take a QB with the top 5 pick we will have. We could spend more picks on OL.[/quote]

new coach will probably want his own guys though...

warpaint 10-16-2009 01:36 AM

We should sign him before he gets away from us again. And he is way better than Colt.

Monkeydad 10-16-2009 09:37 AM

[quote=warpaint;609270]We should sign him before he gets away from us again. And he is way better than Colt.[/quote]

If this were true, he would have beaten Colt out. The Saints have Brunell for their backup and still don't feel he's worth keeping.

Get over him, people.

At least we started out this thread by spelling his name right this time.

Monkeydad 10-16-2009 09:41 AM

[quote=SBXVII;609256]He would be a nice QB to have for a new HC to train. Especially if Campbell decides not to re-sign. Colt, Daniels, Woodson. 3 young guys to rebuild with. Unless of course you are wanting the Skins to take a QB with the top 5 pick we will have. We could spend more picks on OL.[/quote]

Who is this Daniels guy?

That would be one of the worst QB rotations in NFL history. It could be debated that the Raiders were better before they released Garcia. :D

Mattyk 10-16-2009 10:05 AM

[quote=T.A.P.O.A.F.O.R.;609257]new coach will probably want his own guys though...[/quote]

Yeah pretty much what I was going to say.

SBXVII 10-16-2009 10:36 AM

[quote=Buster;609302]If this were true, he would have beaten Colt out. The Saints have Brunell for their backup and still don't feel he's worth keeping.

Get over him, people.

At least we started out this thread by spelling his name right this time.[/quote]

Kinda hard to come onto a team and beat out someone who has been here for a year already having learned the offense and plays.

I felt Chases mechanics were better then Colts and I felt he had more poise even though I like Colt also.

I can't see JC wanting to stay unless he's guaranteed the starting job or we pay another high salary. I don't think he's worth it. To me he's a great back up QB. Which is why I said I would keep Chase, Colt, and the new guy Woodson.