Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Jerry Jones Give Phillips Vote of Confidence (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/32719-jerry-jones-give-phillips-vote-confidence.html)

Skinny Tee 10-16-2009 03:59 PM

Jerry Jones Gives Phillips Vote of Confidence

The Cowboys are coming off a win so it seems a little strange that Jones would have to show front office support for his coach during this week.

Do you suppose Jones is trying to shed light on their subpar season by making sure the media doesn't group the Cowboys in with teams who have been really struggling so far this season...Bills, Browns and Skins.

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4564582"]Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips' job safe for this season - ESPN Dallas[/URL]

freddyg12 10-16-2009 04:08 PM

Re: Jerry Jones Give Phillips Vote of Confidence

yeah, funny timing. Almost like a shot to DAnny, put em on the spot even more.

It was also a while since Jerry got to say anything.

JGisLordOfTheRings 10-16-2009 04:18 PM

F Jerry.

F him right in the A.

calia 10-16-2009 04:35 PM

He's just driving down the asking price for Wade's replacement.

CRedskinsRule 10-16-2009 04:50 PM

Anyone who thinks Wade is not on the hotseat is crazy. His contract expires this year, and fans there are looking at the same list we see and drooling over the possibilities. They are not a much happier lot.

Hog1 10-16-2009 05:01 PM

Probably ONLY because the Rooney rule prevents him from pulling the trigger on a big coach deal during the season?

sandtrapjack 10-16-2009 06:43 PM

Re: Jerry Jones Gives Phillips Vote of Confidence

[quote=Skinny Tee;609495]The Cowboys are coming off a win so it seems a little strange that Jones would have to show front office support for his coach during this week.

Do you suppose Jones is trying to shed light on their subpar season by making sure the media doesn't group the Cowboys in with teams who have been really struggling so far this season...Bills, Browns and Skins.

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4564582"]Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips' job safe for this season - ESPN Dallas[/URL][/quote]
Subpar? What subpar?

It could be worse though....

[quote=ESPN]
[I]Washington Redskins coach Jim Zorn appears to be sitting on one of the hottest seats in the NFL. [/I]

[I][B]With uncertainty surrounding their coach, some players would like the front office to give the embattled Zorn a public vote of confidence -- if it doesn't intend to fire him during the season, The Washington Post reported.[/B][/I]

[I]Only 12 percent of SportsNation approves of the job Jim Zorn has done with the Redskins this season. Just the Raiders' Tom Cable and Bills' rick Jauron rank lower. Ratings [/I]

[I]The newspaper talked with two prominent offensive players and a veteran defensive player who wished to remain anonymous. [/I]

[I][B]"I wish someone upstairs would just say he's going to be our coach for the season," [/B]one of the unnamed players told the newspaper. "That way, we don't have to answer any more questions about it and everybody knows we're in this boat together."[/I][/quote]
Thats all Jones is doing, showing support for the coach, and preventing the full melt down like the one going on with the Redskins season.

[I]Or the Associated Press could be writing things like this about Dallas[/I]
[I][URL="http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g7WuwiapNHZ6LFQR0e2-RjYPHpSAD9BC21E00"]The Associated Press: Redskins' cream-puff schedule surpasses '54 Giants[/URL][/I]

[I]But I certainly do not understand the "subpar" in your statement. Was anyone expecting Dallas to be 5-0 at this point or something?[/I]

BaltimoreSkins 10-16-2009 06:47 PM

Now that Jones has done it. Snyder will give Zorn a vote of confidence too. He's just waiting to do it after a win over the Chiefs to be just like JJ

Skinny Tee 10-16-2009 07:14 PM

Re: Jerry Jones Gives Phillips Vote of Confidence

[quote=sandtrapjack;609538]Subpar? What subpar?

[I]But I certainly do not understand the "subpar" in your statement. Was anyone expecting Dallas to be 5-0 at this point or something?[/I][/quote]

Going to the wire and beyond with the Chiefs is subpar. Tony Romo is looking like the pedestrain QB he is without TO. Roy Williams is being shown up by 3rd stringers. Without the dumb luck of two long pass plays in that game would have lost all 4 quarters of that game instead of the 3 that they did.

By the way, 5-0 is way above par. Sub-par is below what is average. In the NFC East they are in 3rd place out of 4. Whether you agree or not the cowboys are not meeting their expectations.

Look at the bright side though...at least you won't go into overtime with a winless team this week.

warpaint 10-16-2009 09:02 PM

Who cares!!!

Skinny Tee 10-16-2009 09:05 PM

[quote=warpaint;609563]Who cares!!![/quote]

Great contribution...very well thought out. Knowledge perspective you're coming from...quite enlightening!

warpaint 10-16-2009 09:43 PM

[quote=Skinny Tee;609565]Great contribution...very well thought out. Knowledge perspective you're coming from...quite enlightening![/quote]

Thank you! But really why would you care if Jerry Jones is giving his approval on a coach that is not going to be there next year so again. Who Cares!

CRedskinsRule 10-16-2009 09:50 PM

[quote=warpaint;609575]Thank you! But really why would you care if Jerry Jones is giving his approval on a coach that is not going to be there next year so again. Who Cares![/quote]

for argument sake, let's just remember that our coach is on a huge hot seat, and that a lot of people are calling for our owner to give his approval to a coach that is not going to be here next year, and that it is an owner of an intense division rival. I guess caring might be stretching it, but I do think the symmetry is interesting enough to warrant a little bit of discussion.

tryfuhl 10-16-2009 10:01 PM

cleaning up the media

warpaint 10-16-2009 10:15 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;609578]for argument sake, let's just remember that our coach is on a huge hot seat, and that a lot of people are calling for our owner to give his approval to a coach that is not going to be here next year, and that it is an owner of an intense division rival. I guess caring might be stretching it, but I do think the symmetry is interesting enough to warrant a little bit of discussion.[/quote]

Yeah your right. Im just being a cowboy hater.