Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   McDonalds Beef (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32796)

Trample the Elderly 10-19-2009 11:56 AM

McDonalds Beef

MUST Read about McDonalds

THIS IS A GOOD DECENT MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS AND: HE SIGNED THE
STATEMENT AND: INCLUDED HIS CONTACT INFO:

READ ON

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the
issues here. But to those of us
whose living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle, raising the best
beef possible... This is frustrating.
This will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink.
The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association
American cattle producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their
restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking
to save money at our expense.. The sad thing of it is that the people of the
USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we
are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not
make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact
felt.

All America ns that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper
stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South
Americans are not required to do this as of yet..

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of
their beef from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't
under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations
they have are loosely contr olled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned
here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use
various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public
needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at
risk from now on by eating at good old McDonald's..

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is
what Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is
loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of
McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it
comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ..
and those 300 send it to at l east ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... a nd so
on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will
have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting
together we can make a

difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on..

David W. Forrest, Ph.D , PAS, Dipl.
ACAP Department of Animal Science
Texas A&M University
Phone (979) 845-3560
Fax (979) 862-3399
2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471

Vicki

BleedBurgundy 10-19-2009 12:07 PM

Re: McDonalds Beef

wasn't this on the simpsons last night, cannibal cow hamburgers turning people into zombies?

Trample the Elderly 10-19-2009 12:11 PM

Besides the Redskins, I don't watch cartoons?

hooskins 10-19-2009 12:12 PM

I mean I would just boycott fast food beef. Oh wait, I already do.

ArtMonkDrillz 10-19-2009 12:12 PM

I hope Vinny buys Danny a Happy Meal for lunch every day.

firstdown 10-19-2009 12:20 PM

Sounds like someone is ticked because McDonalds is buying beef from someone other than them. Its not like we don't have regulations here that the beef will have to meet before it makes it to market. He also says they made McDonalds? Hmmm maybe it was McDonalds that made them all their money and now they are mad at loosing the business. I'd perfer McDonald's to use US beef but if he is right and American beef is the best in the world they should have plenty of people wanting their product.

Trample the Elderly 10-19-2009 12:22 PM

[quote=firstdown;611881]Sounds like someone is ticked because McDonalds is buying beef from someone other than them. Its not like we don't have regulations here that the beef will have to meet before it makes it to market. He also says they made McDonalds? Hmmm maybe it was McDonalds that made them all their money and now they are mad at loosing the business. I'd perfer McDonald's to use US beef but if he is right and American beef is the best in the world they should have plenty of people wanting their product.[/quote]

Those regulations that bring in all of those top of the line products from China sure are great.

KLHJ2 10-19-2009 12:23 PM

Yeah, NO!

[url=http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/mcdbeef.asp]snopes.com: McDonald's Beef Imports[/url]

ArtMonkDrillz 10-19-2009 12:28 PM

And honestly, we all know that McDonald's hasn't used actual beef of any kind for years. But whatever that grayish stuff they use actually is it's still the best cure for a hangover you can get.

DynamiteRave 10-19-2009 12:37 PM

Its VERY rare I eat fast food, and when I do, it's not Mickey D's (I'm kinda hooked on Five Guys). I'm on board, TTE. :P

firstdown 10-19-2009 12:38 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;611889]And honestly, we all know that McDonald's hasn't used actual beef of any kind for years. But whatever that grayish stuff they use actually is it's still the best cure for a hangover you can get.[/quote]

They still state that their burgers are 100% beef with just a dash of salt and pepper. I'm sure if that was not true it would have been exposed by now. I cannot remember the last time I had a McDonalds burger but this thread is making me wan't a 1/4 pounder or maybe a double cheese burger.

RobH4413 10-19-2009 12:41 PM

In the last 5 years I think I have zero non-alcohol related fast food purchases.

Trample the Elderly 10-19-2009 12:44 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;611894]Its VERY rare I eat fast food, and when I do, it's not Mickey D's (I'm kinda hooked on Five Guys). I'm on board, TTE. :P[/quote]

No one cooks better than I do. If I wasn't so damn lazy; I'd cook every single meal.

mredskins 10-19-2009 12:45 PM

[quote=Angry;611884]Yeah, NO!

[URL="http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/mcdbeef.asp"]snopes.com: McDonald's Beef Imports[/URL][/quote]

God I love Snopes! At least three times a week the soccer moms in my office send out some BS email that I quickly research on Snopes to find out it is not true.

They actually get mad at me when I point out that the email is fake.

Trample the Elderly 10-19-2009 01:00 PM

Someone e-mailed it to me. Whether or not it's true or not, I don't trust anything that comes from Latin America.

For some reason I can't eat fast food anymore anyway. Everytime I eat it my stomach get's messed up. Buger King, McDonalds, Sonics, Wendys, Taco Bell, KFC, etc. . . . . It all just screws with me. I think it is just nasty ass food.

KLHJ2 10-19-2009 01:24 PM

If you read what snopes says then you will realize that no beef is comming from Latin America. It is being bought from Australia and New Zealand.

In all honesty all cattle ranchers have to do is change the diet of their cows from corn to grass so that the cows become leaner meat. McDonalds is still the largest purchaser of American beef, but would buy even more beef from within the U.S. if the ranchers would produce leaner cows.

Smooter 10-19-2009 01:26 PM

I don't eat this shit anyways.

firstdown 10-19-2009 03:05 PM

[quote=Smooter;611967]I don't eat this shit anyways.[/quote]

Yea, we know your back seat is filled with empty McDonalds bags.

Hog1 10-19-2009 03:26 PM

[quote=Angry;611964]If you read what snopes says then you will realize that no beef is comming from Latin America. It is being bought from Australia and New Zealand.

In all honesty all cattle ranchers have to do is change the diet of their cows from corn to grass so that the cows become leaner meat. McDonalds is still the largest purchaser of American beef, but would buy even more beef from within the U.S. if the ranchers would produce leaner cows.[/quote]

Sooo, McD's is.........really a healthy choice? Shazaam! Maybe it's like the Lay's potato chips that have been healthologically poison for as long as I can remember. NOW they boast "No trans fatty acids". I think they are health food as well?

Monkeydad 10-19-2009 03:30 PM

Not a must-read at all.

I have not eaten at McD's since I was a broke college student a decade ago.

KLHJ2 10-19-2009 03:48 PM

[quote=Hog1;612108]Sooo, McD's is.........really a healthy choice? Shazaam! Maybe it's like the Lay's potato chips that have been healthologically poison for as long as I can remember. NOW they boast "No trans fatty acids". I think they are health food as well?[/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]On CNN a year or 2 ago they reported that McDonalds had the healthiest breakfast menu of all of the franchises. Slowly McDonalds is escaping the unhealthy grease pit reputation that was synonymous with fast food for so many years.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Trample the Elderly 10-19-2009 03:54 PM

[quote=Angry;612129][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]On CNN a year or 2 ago they reported that McDonalds had the healthiest breakfast menu of all of the franchises. Slowly McDonalds is escaping the unhealthy grease pit reputation that was synonymous with fast food for so many years.[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

It doesn't really matter if you CAN'T eat it.

mlmpetert 10-19-2009 04:00 PM

I eat McDonalds a fair amount. But honestly if it came to taking the McDouble off the Dollar menu or only using American Beef, I got to say import all the foreign beef you can get. If people only want American beef it would have no problem selling, that’s just not the case. It doesn’t matter to most people, including myself.

McDonalds is delicious, very affordable, convenient and oh so delicious.

KLHJ2 10-19-2009 04:09 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;612134]It doesn't really matter if you CAN'T eat it.[/quote]

Can't or won't? Who can't eat it besides my ninety something year old grandfather who can't eat anything unless it has low sodium and can be sucked through a straw?

GhettoDogAllStars 10-19-2009 04:21 PM

[quote=Hog1;612108]Sooo, McD's is.........really a healthy choice? Shazaam! Maybe it's like the Lay's potato chips that have been [b]healthologically[/b] poison for as long as I can remember. NOW they boast "No trans fatty acids". I think they are health food as well?[/quote]

Ah, if people only understood the concept of Healthology. I blame this on our leaders and parents -- nobody cares about teaching Healthologics! That's why I've chosen to get my PhD in Theoretical Healthological Studiology.

MTK 10-19-2009 04:37 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;612141]I eat McDonalds a fair amount. But honestly if it came to taking the McDouble off the Dollar menu or only using American Beef, I got to say import all the foreign beef you can get. If people only want American beef it would have no problem selling, that’s just not the case. It doesn’t matter to most people, including myself.

[B]McDonalds is delicious, very affordable, convenient and oh so delicious.[/B][/quote]

Do you have the taste-buds of a five year old?? LOL

First you were pimping Taco Bell and now McDonald's?

Gross.

wolfeskins 10-19-2009 04:45 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;611875]Besides the Redskins, I don't watch cartoons?[/quote]

nice, very nice indeed.

mredskins 10-19-2009 04:49 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;612170]Do you have the taste-buds of a five year old?? LOL

Gross.[/quote]

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! The new Angus burger is actual not bad but weighing in at 750 calories I will pass.

Of your fives sense, smell-touch-taste-sight-hearing, only taste becomes more accute with age. Isn't life a cruel joke. =)

firstdown 10-19-2009 04:51 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;612170]Do you have the taste-buds of a five year old?? LOL

Gross.[/quote]

Sometimes I get the feeling that the people who bash fast food so much really like it but saying how good fast food is just does not sound right so they bash. I bet someone that bashed on this thread actually had fast food for lunch today. I could eat fast food 3 or 4 times a week if my doctor did tell me different.

JoeRedskin 10-19-2009 04:52 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;612153]Ah, if people only understood the concept of Healthology. I blame this on our leaders and parents -- nobody cares about teaching Healthologics! [B]That's why I've chosen to get my PhD in Theoretical Healthological Studiology[/B].[/quote]

How very scientifical of you.

McDonald's is one of my stupid guilty pleasures. Not just stupid b/c it's like eating a bowl of lard topped with fat and two spoonfuls of salt, but b/c, after eating it, I feel like crap. Yet, I get it again, and again, and again.....

tryfuhl 10-19-2009 05:23 PM

[quote=Angry;611884]Yeah, NO!

[URL="http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/mcdbeef.asp"]snopes.com: McDonald's Beef Imports[/URL][/quote]
Werd; if something says to send it to 10 people and then those people send it to 10 more, it's probably a hoax.

The beef has been coming from NZ and Aus which has arguably the best bovine products available. NZ beef and dairy is amazing.

tryfuhl 10-19-2009 05:29 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;612153]Ah, if people only understood the concept of Healthology. I blame this on our leaders and parents -- nobody cares about teaching Healthologics! That's why I've chosen to get my PhD in Theoretical Healthological Studiology.[/quote]
:laughing2

Hog1 10-19-2009 06:40 PM

[quote=Angry;612129][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]On CNN a year or 2 ago they reported that McDonalds had the healthiest breakfast menu of all of the franchises. Slowly McDonalds is escaping the unhealthy grease pit reputation that was synonymous with fast food for so many years.[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

THAT is hard to imagine...and may be more of a testimonial to the others in the......"fast food breakfast race". As Joe Redskin appropriately penned, "like eating a Lard-wich > <".
This shit should carry a Surgeon Generals Warning label, and be served with a Heart Stint kit, and instructions to use it....healthologically speaking

MTK 10-19-2009 06:52 PM

[quote=firstdown;612184]Sometimes I get the feeling that the people who bash fast food so much really like it but saying how good fast food is just does not sound right so they bash. I bet someone that bashed on this thread actually had fast food for lunch today. I could eat fast food 3 or 4 times a week if my doctor did tell me different.[/quote]

No really, fast food is gross. I'm not a closet fast food eater I would freely admit it if I liked it. I did like it at one point, when I was a teenager and could get away with eating just about anything, and of course I didn't know any better either.

Trample the Elderly 10-19-2009 06:53 PM

[quote=Angry;612149]Can't or won't? Who can't eat it besides my ninety something year old grandfather who can't eat anything unless it has low sodium and can be sucked through a straw?[/quote]

I can eat it and all of those other fast foods that I named. The problems is that five minutes after it's down it comes out one way or another. Burger King is the worst. I don't know what it is because I cook and eat bacon or sausage every other morning. So it isn't the grease. I think they use some kind of environmentally safe BS to cook the food in.

dmek25 10-19-2009 06:53 PM

[quote=firstdown;611881]Sounds like someone is ticked because McDonalds is buying beef from someone other than them. Its not like we don't have regulations here that the beef will have to meet before it makes it to market. He also says they made McDonalds? Hmmm maybe it was McDonalds that made them all their money and now they are mad at loosing the business. I'd perfer McDonald's to use US beef but if he is right and American beef is the best in the world they should have plenty of people wanting their product.[/quote]
dont you sell insurance? what if the U.S. allowed competition from any 3rd world country, that paid their people 7.00 per/ day? you guys would be crying, and business would suck. i very rarely eat there any ways. this just gives me more reason to skip them. like i have said in other threads, just buy American

Hog1 10-19-2009 06:57 PM

[quote=firstdown;612184]Sometimes I get the feeling that the people who bash fast food so much really like it but saying how good fast food is just does not sound right so they bash. I bet someone that bashed on this thread actually had fast food for lunch today. I could eat fast food 3 or 4 times a week if my doctor did tell me different.[/quote]

I can freely admit that there ARE some things served at this or that fast food joint that are......GOOD. That is their goal...you know, and sometimes they are successful. But, I rarely eat it, because you cannot spin what they serve healthy, or a reasonable facimile

djnemo65 10-19-2009 08:30 PM

[quote=firstdown;611881]Sounds like someone is ticked because McDonalds is buying beef from someone other than them. [B]Its not like we don't have regulations here that the beef will have to meet before it makes it to market.[/B] He also says they made McDonalds? Hmmm maybe it was McDonalds that made them all their money and now they are mad at loosing the business. I'd perfer McDonald's to use US beef but if he is right and American beef is the best in the world they should have plenty of people wanting their product.[/quote]

Glad you have confidence in those "regulations" because they sure are under fire these days. [url]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/04/health/04meat.html[/url]

70Chip 10-19-2009 09:20 PM

Things are tough all over, pal.

drew54 10-19-2009 09:40 PM

You have it all wrong they buy cancerous cows.
Or wait I thought it was worm meat.

Wendy's is feeding us Styrofoam and Arby's beef is a jello block before they cook it.