Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our new QB: Andre Woodson ? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32803)

ethat001 10-19-2009 04:05 PM

Our new QB: Andre Woodson ?

Okay, I don't seriously think this guy has any shot - I just wanted a catchy thread title.

BUT, isn't he still on our team, on the practice squad? ANY chance he may actually be any good? He's been with us for 6 weeks...

Redskin Jim 10-19-2009 04:59 PM

Re: Our new QB: Andre Woodson ?

[quote=ethat001;612143]Okay, I don't seriously think this guy has any shot - I just wanted a catchy thread title.

BUT, isn't he still on our team, on the practice squad? ANY chance he may actually be any good? He's been with us for 6 weeks...[/quote]
With our o-line it would be throwing a lamb to the slaughter.. The kid was pretty good at Kentucky, but without a strong o-line and ground game to protect him, I would think he would be worse than Soup or Fraud.

SmootSmack 10-19-2009 05:02 PM

Hop on the bandwagon. Andre "So Good It Gives Me" Woodson!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

Seriously though, what's the harm at this point?

GTripp0012 10-19-2009 05:04 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;612203]Hop on the bandwagon. Andre "So Good It Gives Me" Woodson!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

Seriously though, what's the harm at this point?[/quote]If things don't turn around, I'd give Woodson about the final 6 games to look like an NFL QB. I think he's a good enough prospect where it would be a legitimate evaluation.

Though, even if we find him to be successful, we're still in the same boat at QB as we are now. We'll still look to external options, and if Mr. Snyder falls in love with a particular QB in the draft, we'll worry about the OL in 2013.

Redskin Jim 10-19-2009 05:04 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;612203]Hop on the bandwagon. Andre "So Good It Gives Me" Woodson!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

Seriously though, what's the harm at this point?[/quote]
I guess he can't do any worse.?

tryfuhl 10-19-2009 05:17 PM

Last 4 or 5 games might as well see if you still want him next year.

Slingin Sammy 33 10-19-2009 05:44 PM

We need to see what we have going forward. Start Collins this week. After the Bye go with Woodson or Daniel if we can claim him.

tryfuhl 10-19-2009 05:46 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;612249]We need to see what we have going forward. Start Collins this week. After the Bye go with Woodson or Daniel if we can claim him.[/quote]
can't wait to see the reaction if we picked up Daniel .. everyone would be talking about we have more backs/qb's than linemen

dgack 10-19-2009 06:16 PM

I agree, Jason Campbell SUCKS!!!!

mcarey032 10-19-2009 07:35 PM

There is a reason that he is on the practice squad. . . for information against the Giants. OH wait that game is over and we still lost. There is a reason he is on the practice squad. He isn't good enough to be on the team. He might be a third QB, but I don't think that he is at backup status, let alone being a starter.

Green1 10-19-2009 08:22 PM

Woodson is not good or the Giants wouldn't have cut him. He cant beat out David Carr for the backup job. Now if they want to bring Jeff Garcia I don't have a problem with that, but right now Campbell is our best chance to win

hooskins 10-19-2009 08:27 PM

Seriously though, what's the harm at this point?[/quote]

lol oh man. It is crazy what kinda options we have left. Or lack thereof.

tryfuhl 10-19-2009 08:28 PM

[quote=Green1;612364]Woodson is not good or the Giants wouldn't have cut him. He cant beat out David Carr for the backup job. Now if they want to bring Jeff Garcia I don't have a problem with that, but right now Campbell is our best chance to win[/quote]
Well it's the same approach that we've had with the O-Line.. hey there's a guy there, good enough. Why not give it a shot

skinsfan_nn 10-19-2009 08:28 PM

[B]Seriously though, what's the harm at this point?[/B][/quote]

Other than oh, I'm guessing about 10 straight losses not much. Which in reality that could happen to any of these no good QB's we have. Or could it be the O-Line.....? ;)

I'll choose ARE over Woodson. WILDCAT!

djnemo65 10-19-2009 08:35 PM

Well Skinsfann nn, the season is already tanked, that's SS's point. Don't 10 straight losses seem inevitable no matter who plays at this point? Woodson is a guy who was projected to be a first round pick before a subpar senior season plummeted his stock. I am not suggesting that he's likely to be any good, but hell, why not see what we have in him, and play all the other younger guys too? Regarding Campbell, I am in the camp that thinks that when you pulled him in a six point game you crossed a bridge that you kind of can't go back across.