Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Russ Grimm our next coach? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/32806-russ-grimm-our-next-coach.html)

Luxorreb 10-19-2009 07:44 PM

Russ Grimm our next coach?

I think this could be a great move. He isn't gonna take any bs and he's direct lineage to our past years of glory. Thoughts?

SFREDSKIN 10-19-2009 07:45 PM

Re: Russ Grimm our next coach?

I would consider it, why not give him a chance.

WaldSkins 10-19-2009 07:46 PM

This is being discussed in at least three other threads.

Trample the Elderly 10-19-2009 07:48 PM

Vinny has to be fired first. I like the idea of Russ Grimm. I think he is smart enough to steer clear of the organization, just like everyone else.

Skinny Tee 10-19-2009 07:50 PM

[quote=Luxorreb;612283]I think this could be a great move. He isn't gonna take any bs and he's direct lineage to our past years of glory. Thoughts?[/quote]

I enjoy the old days like the rest of them but we're not going to magically recapture the days of yore.

That's part of the frustration of our modern day problems. People just won't the past go. Let it go already...this is a modern game we play in.

SBXVII 10-19-2009 08:00 PM

If he's smart.....no. I keep hearing this name and wonder why someone who has been in charge of the O-line in Pitt. and is now in charge of the O-line/Running game coordinator would make a good HC or even an OC? Basically he's most likely a genius when it comes to the O-line, but can someone tell me how that relates to being a HC or OC or are we to expect the same results from him since he's never been an OC or HC?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer just wondering why his name comes up? I just don't want to be in the same position we are now with someone who took to big of a jump.

Mattyk 10-19-2009 08:02 PM

There are better candidates out there.

SFREDSKIN 10-19-2009 08:09 PM

[quote=SBXVII;612307]If he's smart.....no. I keep hearing this name and wonder why someone who has been in charge of the O-line in Pitt. and is now in charge of the O-line/Running game coordinator would make a good HC or even an OC? Basically he's most likely a genius when it comes to the O-line, but can someone tell me how that relates to being a HC or OC or are we to expect the same results from him since he's never been an OC or HC?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer just wondering why his name comes up? I just don't want to be in the same position we are now with someone who took to big of a jump.[/quote]

He is Assistant Head Coach/Running Game Coordinator and Offensive Line coach

Skinny Tee 10-19-2009 08:14 PM

By the way...the title of this thread needs to be changed because it's misleading. It should be more of a personally posed question than an ambiguous statement.

WaldSkins 10-19-2009 08:17 PM

[quote=Skinny Tee;612314]By the way...the title of this thread needs to be changed because it's misleading. It should be more of a personally posed question than an ambiguous statement.[/quote]

But it has a question mark

Skinny Tee 10-19-2009 08:22 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;612316]But it has a question mark[/quote]

Yeah...it sounds like a rumor as opposed to a posed question.

It needs a "Do you want Grimm as our next coach"?

Then I wouldn't have clicked on it because I thought there was a link to some rumormill about Grimm coming to the Skins. I wouldn't even entertain a question about Grimm becoming our next head coach.

Paintrain 10-19-2009 08:22 PM

No thanks. Other than him being a former great player and assistant coach, what's the big draw for Grimm? What has he done coaching-wise that leads folks to believe he's the next great hire? If anything he's a fatter Zorn. Mid 50's, only been a position coach, never called plays anywhere. Pass.

RedskinMike 10-19-2009 08:38 PM

[quote=Paintrain;612320]No thanks. Other than him being a former great player and assistant coach, what's the big draw for Grimm? What has he done coaching-wise that leads folks to believe he's the next great hire? If anything he's a fatter Zorn. Mid 50's, only been a position coach, never called plays anywhere. Pass.[/quote]

no andy reid was a fatter jim zorn

Longtimefan 10-19-2009 08:39 PM

To be honest I really don't want to think about another coach until the "little man" get's his act together. If Zorn last until the end of the season that's more time he has to come to his senses. The booing Sunday coupled with some of the fans displays is making him take notice. Russ Grimm is a good man, but this is not the place for him under the current structure.

SBXVII 10-19-2009 08:39 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;612312]He is Assistant Head Coach/Running Game Coordinator and Offensive Line coach[/quote]

Oh yeah, now I see. Don't know why I didn't see it before.

Oh well. Maybe some other time.