Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32866)

Hog1 10-21-2009 12:08 PM

Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Titans owner Bud Adams FAILS to endorse Jeff Fisher past this season....
What a classic Dumb Ass

[url=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/10/titans-owner-wont-endorse-keeping-jeff-fisher-beyond-this-season/1]Titans owner won't endorse keeping Jeff Fisher beyond this season - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com[/url]

SFREDSKIN 10-21-2009 12:15 PM

Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

I don't understand the love for all this guys Fisher, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Shottenheimer. In my opinion they are all average, the only guys for consideration are Holmgren and Dungy. What has Fisher done in all his years in Houston/Tennesse? Shanahan without Elway? Cowher in 14/15 years in Pitt? Gruden without the team Dungy beat? Marty with his many playoff chokes. I want someone that will takes us to the SB and win. I'm sorry but none of these guys do it for me except for Holmgren and Dungy. Are we that desperate that all these guys remind you of Gibbs, Walsh, Belichick? Jack Pardee is probably available.

redsk1 10-21-2009 12:20 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;613325]I don't understand the love for all this guys Fisher, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Shottenheimer. In my opinion they are all average, the only guy for consideration is Holmgren. What has Fisher done in all his years in Houston/Tennesse? Shanahan without Elway? Cowher in 14/15 years in Pitt? Gruden without the team Dungy beat? Marty with his many playoff chokes. I want someone that will takes us to the SB and win. I'm sorry but none of these guys do it for me except for Holmgren. Are we that desperate that all these guys remind you of Gibbs, Walsh, Belichick? I guess so.[/quote]

Jeff Fisher? How about these stats...

From 99-08 (10 years)

6 times he's won over 10 games/yr
Won 13 games 3 times, 12 once, 11 once

When is the last time we've won 11 games? 10 games?

Fisher is a great coach and I'd choose him above all others. Get him and a young GM and let them do their thing.

KLHJ2 10-21-2009 12:22 PM

GM first, coach second. If we hire a Coach before a GM, then we are back to square 1.

SFREDSKIN 10-21-2009 12:24 PM

[quote=redsk1;613327]Jeff Fisher? How about these stats...

From 99-08 (10 years)

6 times he's won over 10 games/yr
Won 13 games 3 times, 12 once, 11 once

When is the last time we've won 11 games? 10 games?

Fisher is a great coach and I'd choose him above all others. Get him and a young GM and let them do their thing.[/quote]

And he has also gone from:

13-3 to 7-9

12-4 to 5-11

13-3 to 0-6 so far this year.

He's like a rollercoaster.

Chico23231 10-21-2009 12:26 PM

[quote=Angry;613329]GM first, coach second. If we hire a Coach before a GM, then we are back to square 1.[/quote]

Exactly

Ruhskins 10-21-2009 12:28 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;613325]I don't understand the love for all this guys [B]Fisher, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher[/B], Shottenheimer. In my opinion they are all average, the only guys for consideration are Holmgren and Dungy. What has Fisher done in all his years in Houston/Tennesse? Shanahan without Elway? Cowher in 14/15 years in Pitt? Gruden without the team Dungy beat? Marty with his many playoff chokes. I want someone that will takes us to the SB and win. I'm sorry but none of these guys do it for me except for Holmgren and Dungy. Are we that desperate that all these guys remind you of Gibbs, Walsh, Belichick? Jack Pardee is probably available.[/quote]

Not that I'm backing up these guys or anything, but Shotty aside, you have there six to seven SB appearances and four SB wins between those four guys (feel free to correct me) and you are calling them average? I mean they are no Belichick or Waslh or Gibbs, but I wouldn't call them average. Besides, aside from Gibbs, what HC hired by Snyder has had the resume that these guys have had?

redsk1 10-21-2009 12:29 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;613325]I don't understand the love for all this guys Fisher, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Shottenheimer. In my opinion they are all average, the only guys for consideration are Holmgren and Dungy. What has Fisher done in all his years in Houston/Tennesse? Shanahan without Elway? Cowher in 14/15 years in Pitt? Gruden without the team Dungy beat? Marty with his many playoff chokes. I want someone that will takes us to the SB and win. I'm sorry but none of these guys do it for me except for Holmgren and Dungy. Are we that desperate that all these guys remind you of Gibbs, Walsh, Belichick? Jack Pardee is probably available.[/quote]

Tony Dungy is a good football coach however he had Peyton Manning as a QB and Tom Moore as his OC. Who's there coach now? Is he great too? He's undefeated?

TD had a great D in TB and turned that organization around. His offenses were always bad. Why? B/c he didn't have a quarterback. So, i give him credit for turning around that D but I just don't see him as a top tier coach. That being said, i would be happy w/ a TD as our coach.

redsk1 10-21-2009 12:32 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;613330]And he has also gone from:

13-3 to 7-9

12-4 to 5-11

13-3 to 0-6 so far this year.

He's like a rollercoaster.[/quote]

As a fan of the Redskins, would you like to win 10+ games a year for 6 out of the next 10 years? 13 games for 3 times in the next ten years?

SFREDSKIN 10-21-2009 12:32 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;613335]Not that I'm backing up these guys or anything, but Shotty aside, you have there six to seven SB appearances and four SB wins between those four guys (feel free to correct me) and you are calling them average? I mean they are no Belichick or Waslh or Gibbs, but I wouldn't call them average. Besides, aside from Gibbs, what HC hired by Snyder has had the resume that these guys have had?[/quote]

Fisher no SB win
Shanahan 2 SB w/ Elway
Gruden 1 SB 1st year in TB (Dungy built that team)
Shottenheimer couldn't even win (ok, maybe ine) a playoff game

SFREDSKIN 10-21-2009 12:33 PM

[quote=redsk1;613336]Tony Dungy is a good football coach however he had Peyton Manning as a QB and Tom Moore as his OC. Who's there coach now? Is he great too? He's undefeated?

TD had a great D in TB and turned that organization around. His offenses were always bad. Why? B/c he didn't have a quarterback. So, i give him credit for turning around that D but I just don't see him as a top tier coach. That being said, i would be happy w/ a TD as our coach.[/quote]

Did he not build TB and Indy? Ok, Polian helped to.

skinsguy 10-21-2009 12:34 PM

[quote=Angry;613329]GM first, coach second. If we hire a Coach before a GM, then we are back to square 1.[/quote]

+1! Agreed!

SFREDSKIN 10-21-2009 12:35 PM

[quote=redsk1;613339]As a fan of the Redskins, would you like to win 10+ games a year for 6 out of the next 10 years? 13 games for 3 times in the next ten years?[/quote]

I want that record and win the SB, not get to the playoffs and choke like Fisher, Shottenheimer. I will give Shanahan and Gruden a pass since they won SB's but that was years ago.

Ruhskins 10-21-2009 12:35 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;613340]Fisher no SB win
Shanahan 2 SB w/ Elway
Gruden 1 SB 1st year in TB (Dungy built that team)
Shottenheimer couldn't even win (ok, maybe ine) a playoff game[/quote]

And you could say that Bill Callahan took Gruden's Raiders' to the Superbowl when they played against Tampa Bay. And that Dungy has won a SB with one of the best QB in the NFL (Manning).

No offense, but I think you're stretching your argument here. It's ok for you to say that you wouldn't want these guys to coach the Redskins, but I think you're making a poor argument about these guys being average coaches.

SFREDSKIN 10-21-2009 12:39 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;613344]And you could say that Bill Callahan took Gruden's Raiders' to the Superbowl when they played against Tampa Bay. And that Dungy has won a SB with one of the best QB in the NFL (Manning).

No offense, but I think you're stretching your argument here. It's ok for you to say that you wouldn't want these guys to coach the Redskins, but I think you're making a poor argument about these guys being average coaches.[/quote]

It's like in sports, what have you done for me lately mentality. Most fans in this forum have no patience and want things turned around overnite and think this guys are saviors. I rather take my chance with a young/hungry proven coordinator (not QB coach) than this retreads who have had their chances.