Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PFT Rumor - Joe Gibbs is Coming Back (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32894)

SmootSmack 10-26-2009 07:46 AM

Re: PFT Rumor - Joe Gibbs is Coming Back

[quote=The Goat;615096]Why is that interesting per se? Both guys have shown literally nothing this season so I think anybody looking at the Redskins has to say it.[/quote]

Well there's been a lot of "woe are Campbell and Zorn...stuck with Vinny and Snyder. No one can ever succeed with them"

And Gibbs is saying "Bullshit. You're a QB and a head coach in the NFL. If you can't handle the pressure then get out"

Hog1 10-26-2009 07:53 AM

Prophetic wisdom........

Beemnseven 10-26-2009 07:59 AM

I'm not sure Gibbs would be much help to us in that role anyway. He was never very good as a personnel man. What would lead anyone to believe he's got the know-how to point us in the direction of a general manager?

The best thing Gibbs could do for this team is to be on the sidelines with a headset. And that's not going to happen.

skinsguy 10-26-2009 08:30 AM

[quote=Beemnseven;615164]I'm not sure Gibbs would be much help to us in that role anyway. He was never very good as a personnel man. What would lead anyone to believe he's got the know-how to point us in the direction of a general manager?

The best thing Gibbs could do for this team is to be on the sidelines with a headset. And that's not going to happen.[/quote]

Which position? IF he came back (and I doubt he will now) it would be as Team President. He wouldn't be picking the players, he would choose a GM and a head coach. The guy built a championship team in NASCAR, why couldn't he do it in football?

celts32 10-26-2009 11:03 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;615088]I thought it said advisor or general manager. I'm certain they (Snyder and Gibbs) have been talking recently. More Snyder talking and Gibbs listening, but I still believe he's not coming back.

What's interesting to me though is that in the last 8 months Gibbs has basically told both Zorn and Campbell to toughen up and deal with it.[/quote]

Okay but I was thinking more about what Gibbs said. He was like I am not GMing anywhere but here but he didn't say specifically he wouldn't do anything with the Skins. I don't think Gibbs is the kind of man to give half truth answers like that though so I am sure he meant that he's not coming back at all.

Monkeydad 10-26-2009 11:04 AM

[quote=celts32;615235]Okay but I was thinking more about what Gibbs said. He was like I am not GMing anywhere but here but he didn't say specifically he wouldn't do anything with the Skins. I don't think Gibbs is the kind of man to give half truth answers like that though so I am sure he meant that he's not coming back at all.[/quote]

True. Gibbs' word is to be trusted 100%.

Trample the Elderly 10-26-2009 11:45 AM

I saw Joe just walking around the stage after Denny won yesterday. Everyone one else had gone. He was there with one of the grandkids just looking at the hat they give the team after winning a race. He looked like an old man waiting for the morning buffet to open at 5:00AM.

He says he's GMing. In truth he's just floating around and doing the things he likes, his Ministry For Life I think it is. JD is the GM of JGR and everyone knows it. Joe is basically retired. If he did come back as team president he'd work for a little while until he found a GM, and then he'd just kick back and float like he's doing now. Whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know? I don't see him giving up his cruise control lifestyle; he's earned it.