Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your next QB for the Skins? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33012)

MTK 11-05-2009 11:16 AM

Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

[quote=CantonLegend;620707]sorry guys....i dont have time to read the whole thread before i scoot off to the cavs game.....wondering what you guys think of colt brennan......was a huge fan of him in college.....thought he should've won the heisman......was statistically the best QB of all time in college football......why hasnt he gotten a chance if you are really ready to move on past jason campbell who is, in my mind, a pretty decent QB[/quote]

#1 Colt is on IR.

#2 He hasn't been that impressive in limited action, in fact he was pretty bad this past preseason.

#3 He has a lot to work on as far as the fundamentals of the game go. I don't see where he's ready to step into regular season action. He would get eaten alive.

CantonLegend 11-05-2009 11:21 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;620715]#1 Colt is on IR.

#2 He hasn't been that impressive in limited action, in fact he was pretty bad this past preseason.

#3 He has a lot to work on as far as the fundamentals of the game go. I don't see where he's ready to step into regular season action. He would get eaten alive.[/quote]

with all due respect....preseason means nothing.....i didnt know colt was on IR so thats a great reason why he hasnt gotten a shot lol

if jason campbell is struggling tho and you all are calling for a new QB isnt it best to exhaust all the possibilities on the team before you go looking for someone outside of the family?

CultBrennan59 11-05-2009 11:22 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;620715]#1 Colt is on IR.

#3 He has a lot to work on as far as the fundamentals of the game go. I don't see where he's ready to step into regular season action. He would get eaten alive.[/quote]

But, he also hasn't gotten the attention and as much help as Campbell got with him being the number 1 QB and Colt being the 3 QB, give Colt the 1 QB attention then we can say if hes still bad or not. Tom Brady was the fourth QB in NE and Belichiek was debating if he should cut Brady or the 3rd QB, because both of them were making bad decisions and crappy passes, Tom got more attention in training camp, then was promoted to number 2 QB, then the rest is history. Not saying Colt = Tom, but giving you an example of you never know when you give a QB more work, and attention.

SmootSmack 11-05-2009 11:23 AM

Zorn and Meidt have given Colt lots of attention, arguably at the expense of other aspects of the team. He's not lacking for attention

MTK 11-05-2009 11:25 AM

[quote=CantonLegend;620719]with all due respect....preseason means nothing.....i didnt know colt was on IR so thats a great reason why he hasnt gotten a shot lol

if jason campbell is struggling tho and you all are calling for a new QB isnt it best to exhaust all the possibilities on the team before you go looking for someone outside of the family?[/quote]

Preseason may mean "nothing" for guys with starting jobs locked up, but it's a good evaluation time for guys like Colt. He made some really bad decisions and kept throwing bad picks almost every week. Chase Daniel easily outplayed him and it was looking as if Colt was on the bubble for a roster spot.

CultBrennan59 11-05-2009 11:30 AM

Preseason also reflects this team, people say its meaningless, but we end up being the same team in preseason which we are in the regular season.

CantonLegend 11-05-2009 11:32 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;620725]Preseason may mean "nothing" for guys with starting jobs locked up, but it's a good evaluation time for guys like Colt. He made some really bad decisions and kept throwing bad picks almost every week. Chase Daniel easily outplayed him and it was looking as if Colt was on the bubble for a roster spot.[/quote]

big fan of chase daniel as well.....however......when you are playing on the 2nd team with 2nd and 3rd tier players its hard to evaluate if that player could play on the 1st team with the 1st stringers

sometimes its best to let the players in positions of major importance, like QB to get reps with the first team.....for instance......brennan struggled in the first 3 preseason games but in the 4th preseason game in which it was his job to lead the team, he did pretty well....at least statistically

madden_commissioner 11-05-2009 02:37 PM

I'd say Colt Brennen. I would probably want to draft Dez Bryant or someone else that makes the QB better.

Ruhskins 11-05-2009 03:03 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;620722]But, he also hasn't gotten the attention and as much help as Campbell got with him being the number 1 QB and Colt being the 3 QB, give Colt the 1 QB attention then we can say if hes still bad or not. Tom Brady was the fourth QB in NE and Belichiek was debating if he should cut Brady or the 3rd QB, because both of them were making bad decisions and crappy passes, Tom got more attention in training camp, then was promoted to number 2 QB, then the rest is history. Not saying Colt = Tom, but giving you an example of you never know when you give a QB more work, and attention.[/quote]

Whoever the new coach is on this team won't care about Colt Brennan since he supposedly was drafted by Zorn as a project-player.

[quote=madden_commissioner;620825]I'd say Colt Brennen. I would probably want to draft Dez Bryant or someone else that makes the QB better.[/quote]

Can he run or pass block? Otherwise he's not going to help any Redskins QB.

Lotus 11-05-2009 03:07 PM

David Garrard might be released by Jax after the season. In reality he could be our next qb.

madden_commissioner 11-05-2009 03:47 PM

[quote=Lotus;620842]David Garrard might be released by Jax after the season. In reality he could be our next qb.[/quote]

He's overated and washed up, I'd hope not.