Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   its embarrassing to him --fred davis-- (blocking) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33060)

freddavisbro86 10-29-2009 04:42 PM

its embarrassing to him --fred davis-- (blocking)

hes been more focused than ever too dispel the "CANT BLOCK" label i agree he really let the offense down in the eagle game he knows it takes more than juss catching a ball- protection is juss as important i been givin him helllllllll truss me and hes been working on it and vows to show skinsnation what he can do as far as protection goes --ATL Falcon game would be a good start to show and prove--

Lotus 10-29-2009 04:46 PM

Re: its embarrassing to him --fred davis-- (blocking)

[quote=freddavisbro86;618253]hes been more focused than ever too dispel the "CANT BLOCK" label i agree he really let the offense down in the eagle game he knows it takes more than juss catching a ball- protection is juss as important i been givin him helllllllll truss me and hes been working on it and vows to show skinsnation what he can do as far as protection goes --ATL Falcon game would be a good start to show and prove--[/quote]

I look forward to his improving as a blocker. He looked good catching the ball against Philly. Now if he can add some blocking, he'd be a real asset to the team.

KLHJ2 10-29-2009 04:46 PM

Is there an article that goes with this or did you just get off of the phone with him?

SmootSmack 10-29-2009 04:49 PM

Tell your brother that while it'd be nice to see improve his blocking, our main concern (well my main concern) is that he can replicate what Cooley could do on the field. And Cooley wasn't on the field for his blocking.

FD and DT looked pretty solid on Monday night. I'm excited to see them (along with Kelly hopefully) become key parts of the offense in the 2nd half

MTK 10-29-2009 04:50 PM

Tell him to stop jumping into defenders. Put the shoulder down boss.

KLHJ2 10-29-2009 04:52 PM

Tell him not to listen to any of the fans...including me.

MTK 10-29-2009 04:55 PM

[quote=Angry;618263][B]Tell him not to listen to any of the fans[/B]...including me.[/quote]

seriously

KLHJ2 10-29-2009 04:58 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;618264]seriously[/quote]

Uhm no.

Edit: Just because I think that it warrants some explanation, I will tell you what I meant. First of all it was meant to be funny. Secondly, it's not like I was telling him not to listen to you in particular. Everybody on this board has a different opinion on what the team and individual players should be and do. While some of us might be trying to give him what we may consider "sound advice", it may not be the best advice for that player. The individual in question should do the things to improve at what he feels he needs to improve at. The Redskins didn't draft draft him to be a pass blocker. They drafted him to be a pass catcher. I also understand the concerns about him leaving his feet because of the injury and turnover probability, but didn't we just watch Bush jump for extra yards from the 5 yard line and score?

The point is he cannot possibly listen to us all. He has to do what he is good at and what he is comfortable at doing and get better at those things that make him elite.

Brikks 10-29-2009 05:00 PM

I want Gtripp's input, but I recall reading in his Offensive reviews early in the season that Davis was a good blocker (or perhaps he was just saying that he's heaps better than Yoder?).

firstdown 10-29-2009 05:04 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;618262]Tell him to stop jumping into defenders. Put the shoulder down boss.[/quote]
Don't you mean trying to jump over defenders.

SBXVII 10-29-2009 05:20 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;618262]Tell him to stop jumping into defenders. Put the shoulder down boss.[/quote]

Ditto.

redskins5044 10-29-2009 05:29 PM

he is a pass catching TE, not a blocking one. he is built more like a Gates, Gonzalez. Yes he needs to improve his blocking, but he is what he is. We knew that when we drafted him, I know since our team isnt playing well and not winning we see all the flaws in everybody.

Redskin Warrior 10-29-2009 05:46 PM

When or if we improve our o-line we will be able to see both Cooley & Davis run routes on the field together. I think we could be a dangerous team with them on the field together without them blocking.

Paintrain 10-29-2009 05:47 PM

[quote=firstdown;618269]Don't you mean trying to jump over defenders.[/quote]

No, he jumps [B]into defenders[/B]. He has yet to clear a defender and would be better off with his feet on the ground!

Daseal 10-29-2009 06:07 PM

Block well enough and often enough that you can sell once and a while he's staying in, otherwise work the seam and score TDs, that's why we're all excited about Fred Davis. It's great to hear he wants to be an all around player and that he's working hard. I feel like he got a bit of a bad rap because of his alarm clock issue in his first training camp. Davis seems like a good player. How's his arm? We have room for a QB!

If you really are his brother, can you see about having him grow his hair out and dye it the same as Cooley's? I bet Cooley and Yoder would even help out!