Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PFW: Redskins skin deep in chaos (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33148)

SouperMeister 11-03-2009 11:32 AM

Re: PFW: Redskins skin deep in chaos

Best line I've seen regarding the Redskins supposed talent, courtesy Dan Daly:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]"The Redskins simply have too many players who are paid like stars but perform like planets, if not moons... or even asteroids."[/COLOR]

Yes kids, this is a team of asteroids passing quietly in the night. Until we stop buying into the FO spin that this team is loaded, we will continue to be disappointed. You are what your record says you are. I'm done with considering our talent anywhere near on par with the other teams in our division.

SBXVII 11-03-2009 11:55 AM

I have no clue but I would guess that most GM's have a plan in place ....perhaps 1st year building the Lines up. 2nd yr building the secondary. 3rd yr building WR/RB positions. I can almost hear VC now...."Plan?, of course we have a plan. This team has talent we just need to fill a few holes. But the best way to build a team is by BPA, especially since we have no glaring needs."

SmootSmack 11-03-2009 12:04 PM

I'm still interested in this whole Bruce Allen is consulting for the team thing. Is he actually consulting or did the author make that assumption due to Allen's friendship with Snyder?

celts32 11-03-2009 02:24 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;619983]I'm still interested in this whole Bruce Allen is consulting for the team thing. Is he actually consulting or did the author make that assumption due to Allen's friendship with Snyder?[/quote]

I thought you were the one who was supposed to tell us:)

tryfuhl 11-03-2009 02:30 PM

[quote=celts32;620031]I thought you were the one who was supposed to tell us:)[/quote]
haha.. i was about to tell him to find out

diehardskin2982 11-03-2009 03:18 PM

Gruden and Allen where together in Oakland as well. I think we should go after a Jimmy Raye and let him hire our coach (Ron Rivera) or rehire Greg Williams.

freddyg12 11-03-2009 03:37 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;619983]I'm still interested in this whole Bruce Allen is consulting for the team thing. Is he actually consulting or did the author make that assumption due to Allen's friendship with Snyder?[/quote]

I read that twice in the article, I don't think it clearly says that Allen is consulting for the Skins. It was one of those sentences where the subject - verb agreement isn't obvious.

The Goat 11-03-2009 09:50 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;620045]Gruden and Allen where together in Oakland as well. I think we should go after a Jimmy Raye and let him hire our coach (Ron Rivera) or rehire Greg Williams.[/quote]

I would lose the great respect I have for Williams if he returned to Snyder so I sincerely hope he doesn't do any such thing. Hopefully he wins a SB or two w/ the Saints and then gets another shot at HC :)

diehardskin2982 11-04-2009 11:51 AM

[quote=The Goat;620250]I would lose the great respect I have for Williams if he returned to Snyder so I sincerely hope he doesn't do any such thing. Hopefully he wins a SB or two w/ the Saints and then gets another shot at HC :)[/quote]

I would see it as a guy who loved the fans an players enough to come back. We trully dont know if it wasn't vinny who was the problem during his interviews here in DC.
Smoot do you know anything about how that went down?

SmootSmack 11-04-2009 11:59 AM

[quote=diehardskin2982;620388]I would see it as a guy who loved the fans an players enough to come back. We trully dont know if it wasn't vinny who was the problem during his interviews here in DC.
Smoot do you know anything about how that went down?[/quote]

The specifics of the interview no not really. But in summary, basically Snyder decided once Gibbs retired that Vinny would be the guy in charge come hell or high water. Vinny didn't want Williams (Williams probably didn't want Vinny either) and at the end of the day Vinny won out because Snyder had decided he would go with Vinny. I think Snyder had some concerns that Williams wanted too much control, felt it was too much for someone with Williams' limited experience to also oversee the roster. I think ultimately Williams agreed to that, but not to working with Vinny. As I understand it. Basically the same thing happened with Fassel.

But I mean I wasn't in any of the interviews, so it's really just second/third hand info.

Cerrato has of course always hung around but truthfully hasn't really had the kind of power he has now. I believe (perhaps naively) that one reason Snyder gave him so much control was to determine once and for all just what is his value to the organization. I think we know the answer now.

SmootSmack 11-04-2009 12:06 PM

[quote=celts32;620031]I thought you were the one who was supposed to tell us:)[/quote]

LOL. Well I have no idea. I know Allen talks to Snyder and Allen talks to Gruden, both regularly. Beyond that I don't know what Allen is doing

madden_commissioner 11-05-2009 05:44 PM

I really don't pay attention to any source from PFW.

abbster 11-05-2009 06:30 PM

Did anybody watch inside the NFL last night? John Riggins should be the owner, general manager & the coach.