Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Snyder Consulting With Haynesworth (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/33224-snyder-consulting-with-haynesworth.html)

Skinny Tee 11-07-2009 12:52 AM

Snyder Consulting With Haynesworth

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/06/haynesworth-snyder-asks-how-can-we-win/"]Haynesworth: Snyder asks "How can we win?" | ProFootballTalk.com[/URL]

What's your opinion of Snyder reaching out to the people on the execution side of our team?

I personally feel this is somewhat strange. I know I've been hardcore in the Anti-Snyder corner so my perspective could be biased but should the highest level executive in our organization be cavorting and seeking consultation from the lowest level, per field play?

Also, why Haynesworth?...Why not any other player, or all players?...Does Haynesworth know more about football than anyone else or has he acrued experience on our team to be the spokesperson for our squad?

A lot of questions for me with this one but I don't know if I'm seeing the right answers.

KLHJ2 11-07-2009 01:18 AM

Re: Snyder Consulting With Haynesworth

Snyder to AH: I'm going to give you 40 mil guaranteed.

Press to AH: Why does your team suck so bad?

AH to Press: IDK he just wants to win.

DH to Press: The build of this team sucks

+1 to DH for telling it like it is.

Mattyk 11-07-2009 01:23 AM

This isn't anything new, he regularly talks with players.

CRedskinsRule 11-07-2009 01:34 AM

As much as I support DS, this is the one area I think he needs to stop this part. I don't think he will, and as always it's his team, but, there are ways to get the pulse without creating a new CP. Although this probably does start the end of CP's connection with DS.

GMScud 11-07-2009 01:50 AM

I don't mind Snyder talking with players, but if he wants to ask anyone on our team an opinion on the team's direction, I'm much rather have him doing 30 minute sitdowns with guys like London Fletcher and Chris Samuels. Not a guy who's been a Redskin for all of 7 games.

Albert Haynesworth is a beast who knows what to do on the field, but he's no consigliere or liasion. I wouldn't look to Al as a guy who can be the barometer of this team.

tryfuhl 11-07-2009 01:54 AM

I'm refraining opinion until I'm sober.

Skinny Tee 11-07-2009 02:00 AM

[quote=tryfuhl;621349]I'm refraining opinion until I'm sober.[/quote]

You spelled everything right so you must not be too housed right now :laughing-

Skinny Tee 11-07-2009 02:19 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;621340]This isn't anything new, he regularly talks with players.[/quote]

He's never regularly spoken to Haynesworth before this year so this has to be new.

I think it shows the priority of where he seeks his consul.

1. Highest paid free agents
2. Players who re-sign every year
3. People who have day jobs in NASCAR
4. People who have eyes the size of dinner plates
5. People who have the attention capacity to regularly call geriatric bingo
6. The Tootsie Pop Owl
7. Sonny The Cuckoo For Cocoa Puffs Bird
8. A very short sock puppet that wears a dark suit and sunglasses

SKINS73 11-07-2009 04:22 AM

Typically the owner would be asking these questions to the GM or coach. This is another example of how the lines of communication are screwed up in the organization right now.

Chief X_Phackter 11-07-2009 08:34 AM

[quote=Skinny Tee;621351][B]He's never regularly spoken to Haynesworth before this year so this has to be new.[/B]

6. The Tootsie Pop Owl
8. A very short sock puppet that wears a dark suit and sunglasses[/quote]

He would have probably broken a rule or two if he regularly spoke with Haynesworth before this year because Haynesworth wasn't on this team. Now that would be odd, and out of the ordinary.

As it is...not odd, or out of the ordinary for DS.

Hog1 11-07-2009 09:12 AM

[quote=GMScud;621348]I don't mind Snyder talking with players, but if he wants to ask anyone on our team an opinion on the team's direction, I'm much rather have him doing 30 minute sitdowns with guys like London Fletcher and Chris Samuels. Not a guy who's been a Redskin for all of 7 games.

Albert Haynesworth is a beast who knows what to do on the field, but he's no consigliere or liasion. I wouldn't look to Al as a guy who can be the barometer of this team.[/quote]
If I were DS and I wanted to get a "fresh slant" on a continuing problem, I would ask.....the new guy

rbanerjee23 11-07-2009 09:15 AM

I don't know about you guys but this article is very telling on the problems within this organization...Snyder wants to get the right players to win, no mention of good coaching and good front office work. What an idiot, he has to understand that this is an organization and the players are only a part of the organization, unless you have good, veteran direction coming from above, you're doomed to continue this cycle of paying great players to come and languish on a bad team.

htownskinfan 11-07-2009 09:19 AM

[quote=Skinny Tee;621351]He's never regularly spoken to Haynesworth before this year so this has to be new.

6. The Tootsie Pop Owl
8. A very short sock puppet that wears a dark suit and sunglasses[/quote]

:lol::lol:

skinsguy 11-07-2009 09:32 AM

This is why it is important for Snyder to hire a good Team President, and allow the President to hire a good GM, head coach, etc...

The best thing Snyder can do is surround himself with great football minds and learn from them. If he truly wants to win and have a championship team again, he's going to have to humble himself and realize that he needs help in the front office. Vinny isn't the right guy for the job.

Paintrain 11-07-2009 10:40 AM

[quote=GMScud;621348]I don't mind Snyder talking with players, but if he wants to ask anyone on our team an opinion on the team's direction, I'm much rather have him doing 30 minute sitdowns with guys like London Fletcher and Chris Samuels. Not a guy who's been a Redskin for all of 7 games.

Albert Haynesworth is a beast who knows what to do on the field, but he's no consigliere or liasion. I wouldn't look to Al as a guy who can be the barometer of this team.[/quote]

We don't know if he does or doesn't consult those other players also (I'd guess he does) about the team. It's not a big deal IMO.