Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thumbs Up Thumbs Down (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33565)

redsk1 11-22-2009 06:15 PM

Re: Thumbs Up Thumbs Down

Thumbs up: Rock Cartwright is a pretty good all around player. I've always thought he'd be pretty good behind an ok line. I even thought he's Betts equal, if not a little better. Great game.

Defense played a great game.

Down: Suisham.

I still can't figure out how we lost this one. What the hell?

cpayne5 11-22-2009 06:15 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;629188]Oh yeah, one other thumbs up... Devin Thomas. On kickoffs, and as a WR is he starting to get it?[/quote]

Yeah, he's looking good. With Rock probably the "feature" back now, Thomas most likely becomes the primary KR. He looks good doing it, too. He has good speed and runs hard. He's a threat to score at KR, which really isn't something the Skins have had since Ladell Betts manned the position.

His goal this week in practice should be to show ARE how to break arm tackles.

redsk1 11-22-2009 06:16 PM

Thumbs Up: Almost forgot. I think JC. He seemed to make alot of plays. However we only scored 6 pts. I'm confused.

SFREDSKIN 11-22-2009 06:26 PM

Thumbs up for playing without:

[B]Samuels
Thomas
Rinehart (most of the game)
Portis
Betts
Haynesworth
Horton
Cooley[/B]

And still almost beating the Cowboys in their home, Suisham makes those 2 field goals and we win.

I like what I'm seeing for next year, the less the stars are on the field the better this team plays, coincidence?

KI Skins Fan 11-22-2009 07:29 PM

[quote=redsk1;629213]Thumbs Up: Almost forgot. I think JC. He seemed to make alot of plays. However we only scored 6 pts. I'm confused.[/quote]

Don't be. That's JC.

DBUCHANON101 11-22-2009 07:38 PM

2 Thumbs down = Suisham. MAKE 1 of 2 and we win.
Thumbs up = the DEFENSE, yeah Rocky dropped a int that could have been a td but for 3 1/2 qtrs they held the girls in check.

We should have won. but i do feel good about the offense going forward. DT,MK and FD are starting to show up.

Defensewins 11-22-2009 08:13 PM

Thumbs up: Jerry Jones & Dan Snyder have the best performing teams on the financial spreadsheet.
Thumbs Down: Their teams do not perform on the field. Where it matters most. That was some painfully bad football to watch today. That was like watching women's basketball.

Beemnseven 11-22-2009 08:28 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;629163]If suisham makes either of those two misses, we win. [B]Suisham is a joke.[/B][/quote]

Oh please. The guy makes 14 of 16 this year and now he's a joke?

I've said in another thread (and it looks like I'll be saying it a lot more), but when you have to depend on your kicker to win games, it's the team that's truly the joke.

[quote=DBUCHANON101]2 Thumbs down = Suisham. MAKE 1 of 2 and we win.[/quote]

Bullsh*t. How about the offense getting the ball in the goddamn endzone. Make a touchdown and we win. How about that?

redskins5044 11-22-2009 08:35 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;629327]Oh please. The guy makes 14 of 16 this year and now he's a joke?

I've said in another thread (and it looks like I'll be saying it a lot more), but when you have to depend on your kicker to win games, it's the team that's truly the joke.

i totally agree, he missed a 50 yarder on one of the misses. the other was a makeable but was iced with the delay in the game. we should have taken a chance for the endzone on 3rd and 6 before kicking it.

mlmdub130 11-22-2009 08:39 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;629327]Oh please. The guy makes 14 of 16 this year and now he's a joke?

I've said in another thread (and it looks like I'll be saying it a lot more), but [B]when you have to depend on your kicker to win games, it's the team that's truly the joke.[/B]

Bullsh*t. How about the offense getting the ball in the goddamn endzone. Make a touchdown and we win. How about that?[/quote]

well said

mlmdub130 11-22-2009 08:42 PM

thumbs up rock looked real good, d played well

thumbs down play calling as a whole, espesically right before halftime, orakpo didn't get a sack(not saying he didn't have a good game just wish he got a sack)

tryfuhl 11-22-2009 09:43 PM

[quote=GridIron26;629183]Thumbs ups:
- Defense, as always.. Even without Haynesworth in the lineup.. I'm pretty surprised how Smoot played well today.. Also I'm sort of disappointed that Blache didn't try to take advantage of Dallas' new RT, Free; should have tried to abuse him with Orakpo or blitz more on his side..
[/quote]

Yeah, Orakpo said that they had some exotic blitzes dialed up and would be taking advantage of that, corner blitzes, etc... I didn't see that, but at least our coverage was mostly solid other than the single drive where they were passing it all over us.

tryfuhl 11-22-2009 09:46 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;629188]Oh yeah, one other thumbs up... Devin Thomas. On kickoffs, and as a WR is he starting to get it?[/quote]
I don't think that we've seen enough of him before to be able to say that he didn't "have it" before. They're just utilizing him properly now. Nobody ever mentioned bad hands or goes down easy, the only thing really was some minor rumblings about not completely familiar with playbook. Same thing said for Davis... okay, so you give it to them on what they DO know.. and it's done pretty well for us.

53Fan 11-22-2009 10:01 PM

[B]Bullsh*t. How about the offense getting the ball in the goddamn endzone. Make a touchdown and we win. How about that[/B]?[/quote]

:food-smil

Trample the Elderly 11-22-2009 11:13 PM

Bullsh*t. How about the offense getting the ball in the goddamn endzone. Make a touchdown and we win. How about that?[/quote]

That's what I'm talking about!