Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I am Thankful For... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33623)

firstdown 11-25-2009 09:27 AM

Re: I am Thankful For...

I'm thankful I was able to catch a few Rock Fish (stripers) last night for thanksgiven. Either me or my brother-in-law smoke a rock fish for thanksgiven which is great to serve with crackers. I caught a few last week but we ate thoose so the preasure was on to catch a few last night. Even though it was raining I took the boat out and in short time had a few for the smoker.

BDBohnzie 11-25-2009 10:22 AM

I have plenty to be thankful for, and hope that they know how thankful I really am. I've got good health, a great wife, great daughters, great family and great friends.

I feel truly blessed, and hope you all have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

dmek25 11-25-2009 01:55 PM

ive been on the other side. no money, not a whole lot of material things. but i now have a beautiful wife, 2 great kids, and tons of wonderful friends( not counting you guys :)) for me, i am truly blessed. everyone have a great holiday, and stay safe

mlmdub130 11-25-2009 02:17 PM

[quote=firstdown;630457]I'm thankful I was able to catch a few Rock Fish (stripers) last night for thanksgiven. Either me or my brother-in-law smoke a rock fish for thanksgiven which is great to serve with crackers. I caught a few last week but we ate thoose so the preasure was on to catch a few last night. Even though it was raining I took the boat out and in short time had a few for the smoker.[/quote]

can't wait for the spring i always go out with a buddy that lives near solomons during trophy season. there is no better fish than a fresh rockfish. put a little crab on top of it with some salt pepper and lemon and i'm in heaven. never had it smoked before but will have to try in since i just bought a new smoker this year.

firstdown 11-25-2009 03:01 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;630531]can't wait for the spring i always go out with a buddy that lives near solomons during trophy season. there is no better fish than a fresh rockfish. put a little crab on top of it with some salt pepper and lemon and i'm in heaven. never had it smoked before but will have to try in since i just bought a new smoker this year.[/quote]

I would not smoke a large striper but one around 24" is great for smoking. I just scale and clean the fish leaving the head on for looks. Then put it on a low temp grill with some wood chips and cook it for several hours. Peel back the skin and serve it as an appetizer with crackers. I don't think I would smoke one for a meal. The big rocks show up here in the fall/winter and we can catch them 40" and bigger from december-Febuary so any time now the big ones will arrive.

Hog1 11-26-2009 08:22 AM

Happy Thanksgiving WP....ers
Hmmmm, I wonder what SBF is cookin' today?

budw38 11-26-2009 08:51 AM

Happy Thanksgiving , have a great / safe / day and a great weekend .... go Raiders later today !