Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   Heisman Watch: Give It To Toby Gerhart (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/33702-heisman-watch-give-it-toby-gerhart.html)

12thMan 11-28-2009 11:30 PM

Heisman Watch: Give It To Toby Gerhart

I'm sure Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy are probably the media favorites to win the Heisman, but boy is Toby Gerhart (Stanford) one helluva player. I don't think I've seen a running back run like he did tonight since Charles White (USC) in a Rose Bowl game years ago.

Gerhart deserves the Heisman.

GMScud 11-28-2009 11:41 PM

Re: Heisman Watch: Give It To Toby Gerhart

Gerhart, Tebow, and McCoy all proved this Turkey Day weekend why they are the three favorites. They'll be the finalists. Too bad there isn't a Pac-10 championship game. That could hurt Gerhart. Tebow and McCoy both get to tee it up one more time before the bowl games begin.

GO GATORS!!!

WaldSkins 11-28-2009 11:42 PM

How can anyone not root for TCU?

saden1 11-29-2009 01:53 AM

For real...John Riggins Jr.

Nomad 11-29-2009 04:42 AM

lets not get ridiculous...... this guy is not even a 4th round pick........ yea he had some good games, but the Heisman? :insane:

Big C 11-29-2009 09:18 AM

[quote=Nomad;631073]lets not get ridiculous...... this guy is not even a 4th round pick........ yea he had some good games, but the Heisman? :insane:[/quote]

some good games? try about 12 great games. i dont think he will win the heisman, but he should definitely be in the conversation.

SmootSmack 11-29-2009 11:02 AM

It's too bad they lost because Clausen had another great game yesterday

Trample the Elderly 11-29-2009 11:34 AM

This year's Alex Mack = A tough smart player the Redskins could use but will psss up.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nOCKIwYzkV0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nOCKIwYzkV0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

tryfuhl 11-30-2009 03:07 AM

Apparently Gerhart has never fumbled in his 4 years in college. Never had below a 4.6avg this year, never had a long less than 11, and only in 1 game did he fail to reach the end zone.

Nomad 11-30-2009 03:49 AM

[quote=Big C;631083]some good games? try about 12 great games. i dont think he will win the heisman, but he should definitely be in the conversation.[/quote]

if you think he is going to be a star in the league in the same catergory as Peterson, Johnson, Turner...... I dont think so, keep dreaming, if he was a Heisman Contender he be getting love for it right now, there is no John Riggins out there, and he is not coming to Washinton to save the day..... get over it, he is a college star at best......4th round pick

Swarley 11-30-2009 06:10 AM

you act as if 4th round picks have never amounted to anything... Marion Barber and Brandon Jacobs were both 4th rounders, westbrook a 3rd rounder. I could probably find more but you get my point.

tryfuhl 11-30-2009 04:17 PM

[quote=Nomad;632223]if you think he is going to be a star in the league in the same catergory as Peterson, Johnson, Turner...... I dont think so, keep dreaming, if he was a Heisman Contender he be getting love for it right now, there is no John Riggins out there, and he is not coming to Washinton to save the day..... get over it, he is a college star at best......4th round pick[/quote]
Might as well just cut the draft to 3 rounds and let teams sign the rest of those scrubs as UDFA's huh?

Lotus 11-30-2009 04:35 PM

[quote=Nomad;632223]if you think he is going to be a star in the league in the same catergory as Peterson, Johnson, Turner...... I dont think so, keep dreaming, [B]if he was a Heisman Contender he be getting love for it right now, [/B]there is no John Riggins out there, and he is not coming to Washinton to save the day..... get over it, he is a college star at best......4th round pick[/quote]

As the nation's leader in rushing touchdowns, he is getting some of that love, including this thread.

Whether or not he gets the Heisman or makes it in the pros, Gerhart is fun to watch. He plays the game the way it should be played.

mlmdub130 11-30-2009 05:47 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;632218]Apparently Gerhart has never fumbled in his 4 years in college. Never had below a 4.6avg this year, never had a long less than 11, and only in 1 game did he fail to reach the end zone.[/quote]

if that is all true that is pretty amazing

i doubt he will win the heisman, i think it's a lock for mccoy, which would mean three heisman winning qbs in the draft

SFREDSKIN 11-30-2009 06:08 PM

Like I said before, this guy will be successful in the NFL because he has heart, smarts and is a tough SOB. This guy is relentless and will not quit, just ask all the teams he has run over and pounded their ass.