Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   John Hastings must be fired (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/33750-john-hastings-must-be-fired.html)

skinster 11-30-2009 03:22 PM

John Hastings must be fired

Our strength and conditioning coach is a joke. We have just had way too many injuries for him to not be of some credit. Its called injury prevention training, maybe we should try it some time.

redsk1 11-30-2009 03:23 PM

Re: John Hastings must be fired

Not sure you can tie the two together. Do you think he doesn't believe in "injury prevention training?"

firstdown 11-30-2009 03:26 PM

[quote=skinster;632455]Our strength and conditioning coach is a joke. We have just had way too many injuries for him to not be of some credit. Its called injury prevention training, maybe we should try it some time.[/quote]
How do you know we don't?

Mattyk 11-30-2009 03:28 PM

It's easy to want to blame someone but you can't blame him for bone breaks, concussions, or a pre-existing spinal condition. Or a guy simply getting rolled up on. These things happen all over the league.

Chico23231 11-30-2009 03:32 PM

i have a good feeling there will be a full cleaning of all this garbage they call a coaching staff and a front office. This guy needs to be included. Dont care, we just need a full changing of the guard and DS to keep his jackass opinions out of all football decisions. He has made us a laughing stock. This last couple weeks have been horrible. Everybody must go.

SmootSmack 11-30-2009 03:53 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;632461]It's easy to want to blame someone but you can't blame him for bone breaks, concussions, or a pre-existing spinal condition. Or a guy simply getting rolled up on. These things happen all over the league.[/quote]

No kidding.

I'm just trying to figure out which was a worse thread, this one or wtf josh freeman?

Swarley 12-01-2009 03:17 PM

Considering that all the injuries were not the preventable kind I dont see how we can blame anyone.

Mattyk 12-01-2009 03:32 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;632488]No kidding.

I'm just trying to figure out which was a worse thread, this one or wtf josh freeman?[/quote]

Flip a coin.

GMScud 12-01-2009 03:33 PM

I would actually say our strength and conditioning program has improved from an injury standpoint. We're not seeing nearly as many of those nagging pulls and strains that we have in recent seasons. No amount of conditioning and stretching is going to prevent broken bones or ligament tears when a guy gets rolled on.

cpayne5 12-01-2009 03:45 PM

Hastings is a joke? This thread is a joke. Once again, someone runs their mouth about something they obviously know nothing about.

SFREDSKIN 12-01-2009 04:01 PM

They should bring back [B]Dan Riley[/B], he was with the Skins in the 80's and part of the 90's before he went to Houston and lost his job last year or the year before.

Riley probably was more responsible than any other single person for making weight-training a regular part of an NFL player's training. Until he left Penn State to join the Washington Redskins in 1981, weight-training had been a crude, occasional off-season routine.

Players did sometimes get strong in the off-season, but they lost that strength as the season wore on because coaches refused to give up their precious practice time for training they didn't understand.

Joe Gibbs did understand. He gave Riley the power of a coordinator. If Riley told Gibbs a player lacked the right kind of work ethic, Gibbs usually got rid of that player.

Gibbs was the first NFL coach to give up practice time to allow players time to lift. He also made weight-training sessions mandatory during the regular season. Gibbs would be the first to tell you that Riley was a huge reason the Redskins won three Super Bowls.

Some Dallas Cowboys would tell Washington players, ''We can dominate you guys physically early in the season. We hate playing you late because you're still strong, and we've lost something.''

When Charley Casserly became GM of the Texans, Riley had been one of his first hires. Redskins owner Dan Snyder had pleaded with Riley to stay in Washington and had offered big money.

Riley left anyway because he trusted Casserly more than he trusted Snyder.

mlmdub130 12-01-2009 04:16 PM

i would say we have been better this year, like gm said we haven't had any hammy injuries like previous years that i can remember this year, this has been one of our best years as far as not having pulls and strains, you can't train for breaks and tears and spinal conditions

FRPLG 12-01-2009 04:20 PM

:doh:

53Fan 12-01-2009 04:36 PM

[quote=FRPLG;632903]:doh:[/quote]

:laughing2 I know what you mean man.

tryfuhl 12-01-2009 06:29 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;632891]They should bring back [B]Dan Riley[/B], he was with the Skins in the 80's and part of the 90's before he went to Houston and lost his job last year or the year before.

Riley probably was more responsible than any other single person for making weight-training a regular part of an NFL player's training. Until he left Penn State to join the Washington Redskins in 1981, weight-training had been a crude, occasional off-season routine.

Players did sometimes get strong in the off-season, but they lost that strength as the season wore on because coaches refused to give up their precious practice time for training they didn't understand.

Joe Gibbs did understand. He gave Riley the power of a coordinator. If Riley told Gibbs a player lacked the right kind of work ethic, Gibbs usually got rid of that player.

Gibbs was the first NFL coach to give up practice time to allow players time to lift. He also made weight-training sessions mandatory during the regular season. Gibbs would be the first to tell you that Riley was a huge reason the Redskins won three Super Bowls.

Some Dallas Cowboys would tell Washington players, ''We can dominate you guys physically early in the season. We hate playing you late because you're still strong, and we've lost something.''

When Charley Casserly became GM of the Texans, Riley had been one of his first hires. Redskins owner Dan Snyder had pleaded with Riley to stay in Washington and had offered big money.

Riley left anyway because he trusted Casserly more than he trusted Snyder.[/quote]

Pretty cool, didn't know all of that stuff. This should be instilled into players from high school on in my opinion. I've seen teams go from dead last in their division to first or second many times after they did mandatory weight training and voluntary off-season workouts.