Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   does tom brady have his own rules? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33752)

RiggoDrill 12-01-2009 09:41 AM

Re: does tom brady have his own rules?

You can take more chances and play a more agressive defense when your offense is virtually unstoppable. That, and the players in NO are pretty good too.

sandtrapjack 12-01-2009 10:14 AM

[quote=redsk1;632796]Yep, great game by the Saints last night. I was never a big Sean Payton fan, but I think I'm a fan now. Great playcalling last night...and execution.

Did anyone see that Gregg Williams D was leading the NFL in takeaways? Wasn't that what fans got on him for in DC? I guess it is the guys that play on the field afterall.[/quote]
Yeah thats friggin ironic. Oncea again former NFC East coaches making history once the chains are off.

Sean Payton was the offensive coordinator for the Tuna in Dallas.
Greg Williams was the Defensive coordinator in Washington.

Both should have been promoted to head coach instead of letting them walk.

SouperMeister 12-01-2009 11:17 AM

[quote=sandtrapjack;632781]Belichick simply makes me sick sometimes.

Why did he take his starters out? This is a coach that is known to keep his starters in the game, throw deep when they are winning 59-0 late in the 4th quarter.

Now, when he is obviously getting his ass handed to him and embarassed and humiliated on national TV, he just quits!?!?!? :frusty:

[B]I remember the 2007 season when he u[FONT=Calibri]nnecessarily[/FONT] ran up the score in several games when the outcome was well decided.[/B]

Seems to me a lot of team remember that. And now that favor will be returned upon him several times over.[/quote]One of those games he ran up the score in '07 was against the Skins, when he still had Brady throwing bombs to Moss with a 38-0 lead in the 4th quarter. If the Skins are ever in the position the Saints were in vs. Belicheat last night, I hope we keep our foot on the throttle, and step on their throats.

After enjoying the Saints thoroughly undressing Brady/Belicheat on national TV, I believe they may be my surrogate team this postseason, but of course, I'm rooting for the Skins to beat them on Sunday.

BTW, Drew Brees has been notoriously poor against the Skins. In 3 career starts (1-2), he has a 1-6 TD/INT ratio, and his best yardage game of the three was 216 yards last year, which was his worst yardage game in 2008. The Skins may not win, but I wouldn't pick the Saints to cover 17 points, which just might be the spread for Sunday.

skinsfan69 12-01-2009 12:15 PM

I can't understand why people hate on Brady. Yeah the crying against Baltimore was a bitch move but so what? If he was a Redskin everyone here would be on the guy's jock. I don't think he has his own rules. He got knocked around pretty good last night. But face it, when Brady is on the field it's great for the NFL. I mean look at all the hoopla all week long...Brady vs. Bress, the way the game was being marketed you'd think Brady and Bress were going to box.

skinsfan69 12-01-2009 12:21 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;632812[B]]One of those games he ran up the score in '07 was against the Skins, when he still had Brady throwing bombs to Moss with a 38-0 lead in the 4th quarter. If the Skins are ever in the position the Saints were in vs. Belicheat last night, I hope we keep our foot on the throttle, and step on their throats.[/B]

After enjoying the Saints thoroughly undressing Brady/Belicheat on national TV, I believe they may be my surrogate team this postseason, but of course, I'm rooting for the Skins to beat them on Sunday.

BTW, Drew Brees has been notoriously poor against the Skins. In 3 career starts (1-2), he has a 1-6 TD/INT ratio, and his best yardage game of the three was 216 yards last year, which was his worst yardage game in 2008. The Skins may not win, but I wouldn't pick the Saints to cover 17 points, which just might be the spread for Sunday.[/quote]

It's the NFL. Too freakin bad. It's not NE's job to stop playing offense just cause we can't stop them. I remember this game very well and everyone around here was up in arms. I don't understand why. I use this as an example..I think it was Gibbs' last year in 92 and we beat the shit out of the Cardinals. The game was over and Gibbs put in Cary Conklin and threw the ball to Monk for a TD very late in the 4th q. Remember who the coach was for the Cardinbals? Joe Bugel. In other words Gibbs ran it up on one of his own guys.

Eknox 12-01-2009 12:27 PM

Wow, unbelievable New England is in the AFC who gives a flying fuck if he gets the calls over there,(but if we r going there) have you guys seen a Colt game before ? Lineman hold the whole game, phantom pass interference calls. I'd say if anyone has there own rules it's the Mannings. Remember Peyton complaining about how physical New England got with there corners, and the next year the 5 yard rule was implemented. And don't forget Polian I think the ref's eat dinner at his house..IMO

firstdown 12-01-2009 12:31 PM

I guess these are the types of threads we get at 3&7. When your winning these thing just don't matter and you don't even notice them.

tryfuhl 12-01-2009 06:27 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;632752]At some point the NFL is going to have to admit biased towards Brady and/or NE in general.

Belichick is a known cheater, and possible briber....at some point he is going to be exposed..its a matter of time. One day somebody is going to come foreward about the extent of his treachery.

I wanted him to get a coaching ban after they proved he cheated a few years ago. At the very least, maybe take the Superbowl wins away, because he may have cheated to win those games too....

Belichick is going to be exposed...trust me[/quote]

by is you mean "I want him to be"

the evidence from spygate was destroyed instead of tucked away in nfl headquarters

I doubt anybody ever comes forward and if it does happen it will be a Donaghy type situation

sportscurmudgeon 12-01-2009 08:55 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;632812]One of those games he ran up the score in '07 was against the Skins, when he still had Brady throwing bombs to Moss with a 38-0 lead in the 4th quarter. If the Skins are ever in the position the Saints were in vs. Belicheat last night, I hope we keep our foot on the throttle, and step on their throats.

BTW, Drew Brees has been notoriously poor against the Skins. In 3 career starts (1-2), he has a 1-6 TD/INT ratio, and his best yardage game of the three was 216 yards last year, which was his worst yardage game in 2008. The Skins may not win, but I wouldn't pick the Saints to cover 17 points, which just might be the spread for Sunday.[/quote]

Go back and look at the game play-by-play for that game where the Pats "ran it up" on the Redskins. Late in the game the Skins scored a TD and then they tried an on-side kick down about 5 TDs at the time.

If you are going to try that kind of nonsense with a game out of hand, then get ready to play defense. What the Skins did then was take a stick and try to poke at a beast that was able to torment them - - and was in the process of doing it.

If you want the other team to take their foot off the gas, you can't continue to try to pretend that this is still a winnable game.

DBUCHANON101 12-02-2009 06:54 AM

I was at the Saint / Pat game, it was great seeing Bill and Brady staring at the score in the 4th. Brady took his ball and went home late in the 4th... and this is supposed to be the great leader? looks more like a spoiled child when things dont go his way. lost alot of respect for brady in this one.

Chevy13 12-02-2009 08:13 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;632830]It's the NFL. Too freakin bad. [B]It's not NE's job to stop playing offense just cause we can't stop them[/B]. I remember this game very well and everyone around here was up in arms. I don't understand why. I use this as an example..I think it was Gibbs' last year in 92 and we beat the shit out of the Cardinals. The game was over and Gibbs put in Cary Conklin and threw the ball to Monk for a TD very late in the 4th q. Remember who the coach was for the Cardinbals? Joe Bugel. In other words Gibbs ran it up on one of his own guys.[/quote]

I agree 100% if you don't want them to do it, well F'n STOP THEM! I find it even more embarrassing that a team had to take it easy on us cuz they're whooping our ass so bad. I don't understand how anyone could feel any better by getting a "lesser" ass whooping cuz they took their starters out or stopped trying. Personally I'd rather them keep their starters in and keep playing football, Besides what if the 2nd string comes in and continues to whoop your ass even more? I'd rather get killed by the starters :)

Ruhskins 12-02-2009 08:24 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;632830]It's the NFL. Too freakin bad. It's not NE's job to stop playing offense just cause we can't stop them. I remember this game very well and everyone around here was up in arms. I don't understand why. I use this as an example..I think it was Gibbs' last year in 92 and we beat the shit out of the Cardinals. The game was over and Gibbs put in Cary Conklin and threw the ball to Monk for a TD very late in the 4th q. Remember who the coach was for the Cardinbals? Joe Bugel. In other words Gibbs ran it up on one of his own guys.[/quote]

Well the difference on that is that Gibbs is not a prick like Belichick. Sean Peyton could have easily ran up the score on Monday...and in this case it would have been somewhat justified because New England is like the bad guy in a horror movie, you have to shoot them three times in the head and cut it off to make sure they are dead. But Peyton didn't, notice that they went more to the run when Darth Hoody had thrown in the towel.

When the Pats killed the Redskins, the thing that killed me was them going for it on 4th and short even when they were like three TDs ahead. Which was a standard Belichick practice, along with keeping your starters well into the 4th quarter after building double-digit leads. But you know what? I'm not complaining about that anymore because the Pats lost the Superbowl that year (since they were more concerned about the undefeated record than winning the Superbowl), Tom Brady went down with injury the next year, and they missed the playoffs even after having a winning record.

The funny thing about this is that running up the score...or well not doing that, is sort of an unwritten rule, yet the guy that did it a lot (Belichick) bitched about some unwritten rule about other coaches going after players in the waiver wire....I can't remember exactly what it was but I know he bitched about it.

[quote=Chevy13;633054]I agree 100% if you don't want them to do it, well F'n STOP THEM! I find it even more embarrassing that a team had to take it easy on us cuz they're whooping our ass so bad. I don't understand how anyone could feel any better by getting a "lesser" ass whooping cuz they took their starters out or stopped trying. Personally I'd rather them keep their starters in and keep playing football,[B] Besides what if the 2nd string comes in and continues to whoop your ass even more?[/B] I'd rather get killed by the starters :)[/quote]

Well if the 2nd stringers continue to whoop on you that's on the team. But Belichick kept his starters well into the 4th quarter after building three TD leads. But like I said, it eventually came around to him.

MTK 12-02-2009 08:35 AM

There's a difference between winning big and running up a score. It always amazes me when people don't/can't see the difference.

SmootSmack 12-02-2009 08:36 AM

I can't believe we're still talking about this game two years later

MTK 12-02-2009 08:42 AM

Back to the point, I just found it hilarious to see Brady getting pulled from the game when they were getting spanked. Very ironic considering snide comments like these when he was the one dishing out the punishment:

[QUOTE]Asked why he would go for two fourth downs in a blowout, Belichick responded, "What do you want us to do, kick a field goal?"

Pressed further, he said, "It's 38-0. It's fourth down. We're just out there playing."[/QUOTE]