Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gregg Williams is fixin to stick it right in our........ (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33827)

CrustyRedskin 12-04-2009 08:25 AM

Gregg Williams is fixin to stick it right in our........

Mugg!!! I have a good strong feeling we are gonna get the living piss beat out of us this weekend. Thanks Danny for this wonderful season of misery.

BigHairedAristocrat 12-04-2009 08:27 AM

Re: Gregg Williams is fixin to stick it right in our........

Ohhhhkay. Thank you for that. Really.

dmek25 12-04-2009 08:34 AM

MTK 12-04-2009 08:36 AM

Tgif

FRPLG 12-04-2009 08:53 AM

donkey

rbanerjee23 12-04-2009 09:03 AM

ear? nose? I don't get it lol
But no, I don't see us keeping up with this team. It will either be a blowout win or a close loss because by some miracle we intercept Brees like 3 times

Schneed10 12-04-2009 09:42 AM

And with a wave of my magic wand, this thread is now about pie.

I like lemon merengue. Though my wife has been making an apple pie lately with splenda, you know to be healthy or some crap, and it actually has been excellent.

calia 12-04-2009 09:46 AM

Banana cream pie. Tasty. May need to consume 5 of them to recover after the game Sunday.

Great thread modification.

DBUCHANON101 12-04-2009 09:47 AM

I feel it will be a ugly game. Who better to attack JC and our offense than GW?

KLHJ2 12-04-2009 09:48 AM

This is our next win. We have owned NO in the past even with their high powered offense. The (edit: defensive) scheme that we will face on Sunday is the same one that we face in practice, it's just a bit more exotic. We shock the world by taking down the last NFC undefeated, then fade back into the abyss of failure.

BDBohnzie 12-04-2009 09:49 AM

I've been on a Coconut Cream Pie kick lately. All time fave is Pumpkin, so it's a good time of year for that.

CrustyRedskin 12-04-2009 09:54 AM

[quote=Angry;633772]This is our next win. We have owned NO in the past even with their high powered offense. The scheme that we will face on Sunday is the same one that we face in practice, it's just a bit more exotic. We shock the world by taking down the last NFC undefeated, then fade back into the abyss of failure.[/quote]

I am starting to see the light. You just made me feel better about this!!! Yeah lets go getem baby!!!! Lets do this!!! I like lemon pie.

MonkFan4Life 12-04-2009 10:00 AM

Sweet Potato is my absolute favorite pie, pretty much the only pie that I like.

SmootSmack 12-04-2009 10:01 AM

Love pumpkin pie (been kind of off key lime lately). Still, the pie thread has been done before hasn't it? That makes this kind of a dupe hijack.

So I'm going to hijack the hijack and talk pie a la mode. I love Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream. But here's my dilemma...it doesn't go well with pumpkin pie. Woe is me

MonkFan4Life 12-04-2009 10:03 AM

Not a big a la mode guy. I keep my pie with my pie and my ice cream with my root beer !

firstdown 12-04-2009 10:06 AM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;633756]Mugg!!! I have a good strong feeling we are gonna get the living piss beat out of us this weekend. Thanks Danny for this wonderful season of misery.[/quote]
Screw GW and we kick their a$$. its like apple pie.

BigHairedAristocrat 12-04-2009 10:16 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;633781]Love pumpkin pie (been kind of off key lime lately). Still, the pie thread has been done before hasn't it? That makes this kind of a dupe hijack.

So I'm going to hijack the hijack and talk pie a la mode. I love Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream. But here's my dilemma...it doesn't go well with pumpkin pie. Woe is me[/quote]

A la mode means a la ice cream, right? If so, then it actually goes great with pumpkin pie. you just have to have the right la mode.

although right now i'd give my left arm for a pumpkin spice latte from starbucks. actually, now that i think of it, theres a starbucks inside the mariott across the streeet from where i work. unfortunately, in order to get there, i have to pass a krispy kreme. and there's no way i could have a pumpkin spice latte without getting atleast one lemon filled donut and one devils food donut on the way. and that, combined with the pumpkin spice latte would not only probably exceed the FDAs suggested calorie intake for the day, but it would also result in me having a sugar crash within a couple hours. and nothing good ever happens from having sugar crashes. in fact, i watched land of the lost this past weekend and after will ferrell had a sugar crash, he ended up getting transported to another dimension where he was eaten and then pooped out by a t-rex. i dont want any of that to happen to me, so i think i should just stay here.

Lotus 12-04-2009 10:21 AM

I love summer in Mississippi because it means fresh blueberries for blueberry pie.

I love the fall because that means fresh pumpkins for pumpkin pie.

One problem with winter is that there are no fresh pies!

BigHairedAristocrat 12-04-2009 10:22 AM

[quote=Lotus;633792]I love summer in Mississippi because it means fresh blueberries for blueberry pie.

I love the fall because that means fresh pumpkins for pumpkin pie.

One problem with winter is that there are no fresh pies![/quote]

you could freeze the blueberries. I actually went blueberry picking with my wife for the first time earlier this year. fun stuff. those small green ones are nasty though.

skinsfan69 12-04-2009 10:25 AM

in some strange kind of way i hope that elin dumps tiger so i can have a shot at her.

SmootSmack 12-04-2009 10:29 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;633798]in some strange kind of way i hope that elin dumps tiger so i can have a shot at her.[/quote]

Are you fixing to stick it right in her...nevermind

Redskin Warrior 12-04-2009 10:34 AM

I love pecan pie!!!

CrustyRedskin 12-04-2009 10:48 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;633798]in some strange kind of way i hope that elin dumps tiger so i can have a shot at her.[/quote]

so your saying there's a chance?

skinsfan69 12-04-2009 10:53 AM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;633808]so your saying there's a chance?[/quote]

sure. she's probably a little vunerable right now. lol. plus she'll have a boat load of cash ready to spend on another man just to piss tiger off. :-)

skinsfan69 12-04-2009 10:55 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;633801]Are you fixing to stick it right in her...nevermind[/quote]

hahaha. i won't even mention the dirty things i would love to do to her. but i've got a gf so that would be cheating. lol.

Longtimefan 12-04-2009 11:00 AM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;633756]Mugg!!! I have a good strong feeling we are gonna get the living piss beat out of us this weekend. Thanks Danny for this wonderful season of misery.[/quote]

More doom and gloom ha!!

Probably won't be as bad as you think, but will anyone be shocked if we don't win against the Saints on Sunday?

DBUCHANON101 12-04-2009 11:08 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;633810]hahaha. I won't even mention the dirty things i would love to do to her. But i've got a gf so that would be cheating. Lol.[/quote]

no ring = no cheating.

Trample the Elderly 12-04-2009 11:13 AM

[quote=Redskin Warrior;633803]I love pecan pie!!![/quote]

Hell yeah! I like to put it in the microwave for a few seconds to get it warmed up without making it soggy. I eat it strait up: no spoon, fork, or plate.

Blue Berry pie is good.

In recent years I've become a lemon pie kind of guy too.

My favorites are Pie, Cobbler, and Cheese Cake. Real fluffy cake sucks, unless it's a cake donut.

freddyg12 12-04-2009 11:22 AM

I just like me some pie, about any kind, but southern diner pies whether applie, chocoloate or other merengue, seem to always be the best. Lotus sounds like he's got it good in Missisipi. Maybe he, JC & Farve get together for off season pie?

Back to the 'who dat say they gon beat them saints?' The Skins, that's who!
I don't know the weather forecast in MD, but in Va. snow & rain is predicted tomorrow & will be moving east. If this system slows it could hit the field & add some mushiness. That would be in our favor.

I seriously wont' be surprised if we win this one. The Saints just came off a major high, they're due for a let down. I know GW will get his troops fired up, but there is familiarity on both sides & we beat the saints last year on the late TD pass JC to Moss.

53Fan 12-04-2009 11:32 AM

My GF brought me home a keylime pie the other day. I had forgotten how good they are. Mmmm. Blueberry pie sounds GREAT Lotus. Speaking of great pie... good luck with that Elin thing 69! GW's going home with his tail between his legs. :woot:

BringBackJoeT 12-04-2009 11:33 AM

[quote=MonkFan4Life;633780][B]Sweet Potato[/B] is my absolute favorite pie, pretty much the only pie that I like.[/quote]

Keeping it connected but taking one step away from pie for a second, my wife has recently started making spicy mashed sweet potatoes (via chipotle), and I just LOVE them.

With regard to pie, call me boring and/or traditional, but apple is my favorite . . . and I think this thread ought to be given the death sentence it deserves.

DBUCHANON101 12-04-2009 11:42 AM

Of all the things that have gone wrong during the Dan Snyder administration in D.C., you'd have to think firing his excellent defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, is at least in the top 10 and could soon move into the top five. In one season, Williams has transformed the Saints' defense into one of the best units in the league.

Williams
Rick Maese of the Washington Post has a story today about the former Skins head coach-in-waiting. Williams' defense has forced 32 turnovers this season, including a staggering 22 interceptions. Every time you turn on "SportsCenter," Saints safety Darren Sharper is returning an interception for a touchdown. And here's what Sharper had to say about Williams:

"We always were known as a great offensive team and the defense is just adequate," Sharper told Maese. "We wanted to change that type of mentality, change that type of outlook on our defense. From day one, Gregg preached that to us, we're not going to be second-hand, play second-fiddle to anyone."

Redskins players are careful not to step on Jim Zorn's toes, but it's obvious that many of them thought Williams should've been the choice to replace Joe Gibbs.

"He's going to blitz and blitz and blitz even more," said Redskins defensive end Andre Carter. "Despite whatever the matchups may be. He expects everybody to get there and make plays."

Everyone at Redskins Park loves to throw out stats of how their defense is ranked in the top five, but it doesn't really matter. The Saints give up more yards than the Skins, but they cause far more turnovers. That's the mark of a Gregg Williams defense. And no matter how you slice it, Greg Blache's defenses haven't had nearly enough takeaways.

Who knows what Williams would've been like as a head coach for the Skins? But I'm pretty sure a lot of the team's fans would've enjoyed finding out.

Ruhskins 12-04-2009 12:02 PM

I like Dutch Apple Pie :)

BDBohnzie 12-04-2009 12:07 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;633781]So I'm going to hijack the hijack and talk pie a la mode. I love Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream. But here's my dilemma...it doesn't go well with pumpkin pie. Woe is me[/quote]

[quote=Redskin Warrior;633803]I love pecan pie!!![/quote]
There you go SS. Pecan Pie a la mode with the coffee ice cream for the win.

CrustyRedskin 12-04-2009 12:24 PM

[quote=BDBohnzie;633835]There you go SS. Pecan Pie a la mode with the coffee ice cream for the win.[/quote]

wide right. coconut cream with a cold draft beer to wash it down!

KLHJ2 12-04-2009 12:30 PM

To each his own, but that suggestion just made me throw up in my mouth.

DynamiteRave 12-04-2009 12:34 PM

I think this thread has been officially hijacked.

It's now the pie thread. But I'm changing it into cake.

I like apple crumb cake. I'm not so much into pie.

CrustyRedskin 12-04-2009 12:38 PM

[quote=Angry;633845]To each his own, but that suggestion just made me throw up in my mouth.[/quote]

thats what im here for. Rum cake is pretty good

firstdown 12-04-2009 12:44 PM

My grandmother had an apple tree in her back yard and could make the best apple pie in town. The tree died and she did also not long after that and I miss both of them.

over the mountain 12-04-2009 12:45 PM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;633827]Of all the things that have gone wrong during the Dan Snyder administration in D.C., you'd have to think firing his excellent defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, [B]is at least in the top 10[/B] and could soon move into the top five.

[B]"He's going to blitz and blitz and blitz even more,"[/B] said Redskins defensive end Andre Carter. "Despite whatever the matchups may be. He expects everybody to get there and make plays."

Everyone at Redskins Park loves to throw out stats of how their defense is ranked in the top five, but it doesn't really matter. The Saints give up more yards than the Skins, but they cause far more turnovers. [B]That's the mark of a Gregg Williams defense[/B]. [/quote]

1) i really thought double G was the coach in awaiting after gibbs. i thought it was in his contract or atleast orally understood. but the DS created a smear campaign.

2) maybe my memory is alil faded but i remember double g not dialing up the blitz at all, instead opting to protect againt the long ball by rushing few and dropping players back in coverage due to the fact our front 4 were not talented enough to attack.

3) with the skins the double g defense rarely got any turnovers.

i guess current success can color ones memory of past performance, like the reporter here.