Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Col. Van T. Barfoot vs. the HOA (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33836)

FRPLG 12-07-2009 03:25 PM

Re: Col. Van T. Barfoot vs. the HOA

[quote=firstdown;636058]I have one of those neighbors which having HOA would be nice. This dude left a ladder leaning and extended to his roof of his 2 stry home for 2 1/2 years. His fence is falling down which I keep putting back up so I don't have to look at the crap in his yard. He has a new riding lawn mower but has not used it in 3 months and the two other broken down lawn mowers are sitting in their yard where they probably broke down. The only good news is that his back yard backs up to our side yard and we only have one window on that side of the house to see his crap. If I'm correct he is unemployeed and his car is sitting there when I leave for work and when I return so he has plenty of time to work in his yard. [B]Him in his wife have spent the past 3 weekends putting up christmas stuff[/B] but they have not touched the yard. Lazy people should be forced to rent.LOL[/quote]

That seems like a hell of a trick.

mredskins 12-07-2009 03:51 PM

[quote=firstdown;636058]I have one of those neighbors which having HOA would be nice. This dude left a ladder leaning and extended to his roof of his 2 stry home for 2 1/2 years. His fence is falling down which I keep putting back up so I don't have to look at the crap in his yard. He has a new riding lawn mower but has not used it in 3 months and the two other broken down lawn mowers are sitting in their yard where they probably broke down. The only good news is that his back yard backs up to our side yard and we only have one window on that side of the house to see his crap. If I'm correct he is unemployeed and his car is sitting there when I leave for work and when I return so he has plenty of time to work in his yard. Him in his wife have spent the past 3 weekends putting up christmas stuff but they have not touched the yard. Lazy people should be forced to rent. LOL[/quote]

White trash love themselves some Xmas decorations!

firstdown 12-07-2009 04:22 PM

[quote=mredskins;636192]White trash love themselves some Xmas decorations![/quote]

Actually the stuff they have done outside is pretty basic stuff and nothing over the top just some white lights and other basic stuff. I'd like to see what the inside of the house looks like with all the crap I have seen them hull in there. They have a shed in their back yard just for christmas stuff. My wife has been in there house once and said it was pretty clean but you would never think that by looking at the outside.

ArtMonkDrillz 12-07-2009 04:58 PM

[quote=budw38;634284]Good question , as I do not know if the HOA's have any legal authority . If Col. Barefoot were 60 yrs old I could see the HOA caring about this , but he is 90 and I understand most people cannot see the flag , or flagpole unless you are in almost directly in front of the house .[B] As far as someone flying another flag < ussr/france > , this is the USA and our flag is Red White and Blue [/B].[/quote]The flags for France and Russia (there is no more USSR) are both red, white, and blue as well.

saden1 12-07-2009 07:04 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;636235]The flags for France and Russia (there is no more USSR) are both red, white, and blue as well.[/quote]

[YT]r94AJzJZZaU[/YT]

budw38 12-08-2009 10:17 PM

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579773,00.html]Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com[/url] The Col. Wins again !!! :)

dmek25 12-08-2009 10:52 PM

common sense prevails

mlmdub130 12-09-2009 08:52 AM

[quote=budw38;636938][url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579773,00.html]Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com[/url] The Col. Wins again !!! :)[/quote]

america f yeah!

tryfuhl 12-09-2009 11:43 AM

I think that Webb and Warner backing him helped a lot, not to mention the national exposure that the story got. Glad that the HOA dropped it, sad that it took so long.

Trample the Elderly 12-09-2009 12:52 PM

When you win the MOH you get special treatment. It doesn't matter if you're a PVT, the generals have to salute you. I think even the President salutes you too. I might be mistaken. When you fought in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, even at 90, you're probably not someone to be effed with, HOA!