Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33871)

SmootSmack 12-06-2009 05:16 PM

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

I know, I know...everyone's life is over because the Redskins at 3-8 lost to the 11-0 Saints thanks to overpaid athletes and management that don't care about winning nearly as much about the Redskins as the fans do. Woe is all of us. Most Redskins fans predicted a devastating loss going into the game, and just as many were hoping for one a) because they wanted Gregg Williams to stick it to the Redskins and b) every loss is a step closer to kicking Cerrato to the curb.

Before we get to the smack down, let's look at some positives: We're only the second team this year to put 30 points up on the board against Genius Williams (so apologies to every Redskins fan out there that was rooting more so for Williams than the Skins today). Devin Thomas had a beast of a game (indirect props to Cerrato for drafting him and Hixon for coaching him). Davis has done a great job since Cooley went down being Campbell's go-to guy when he needs one. I'm really becoming a big Ganther fan. He's not a starter (meaning 25+ carries/game) but he knows what to do out there and he does it well.

And of course Jason Campbell had another very strong performance (except for that INT)

The Redskins have lost the last three game by seven points...combined. It doesn't get more frustrating than that. But if there's a positive here it's that the last two games have been the best offensive performances we've had since probably last September. And we're doing it with guys like Thomas, Ganther, and Davis leading the way...not Randle El, Portis, and Cooley.

Still, it's time to lay the smack down.

[B]Laron Landry[/B] For every spectacular play...he screws up on five basic plays. I'd rather he be consistently solid then occasionally awesome.

[B]The Officiating[/B] I'd rather they just be consistent

[B]Shaun Suisham[/B] Truthfully, even before the field goal (which I never imagined he'd miss) I was hoping the Redskins would be a little more aggressive in the red zone after the DT facemask. But still, even with the conservative playcalling and the high snap there's no excuse for yet another miss in the clutch like that for Suisham. I don't like kneejerk reactions but this is a recurring situation it seems with Suisham...is it time to cut him and just sign Rayner back for the remainder of the year.

It was a frustrating loss for sure, but most of never even gave them a chance to be in it long enough to even be a frustrating loss.

skinsfaninok 12-06-2009 05:24 PM

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

JC played amazing today.. I dog him when he's bad so I have to give him credit for today. Ganther is proving to be a solid RB (BYE BYE CP). D played decent until the 4th quarter. Again we cannot create to's and it kills us. As far as D.Thomas and F.davis go...... WOW these guys are legit starters in this league.. Davis opens up the question of possibly trading Cooley... I know that sounds STUPID AS HELL , but we may need to look in to it.

SUISHAM... well I don't care to even talk about him anymore.

DynamiteRave 12-06-2009 05:26 PM

Everything about the game today was fantastic...

... Except the kicking.

Hog1 12-06-2009 05:27 PM

In most aspects of the game, I am pleased to see our boys looking like a group of PROFFESSIONAL NFL football players.
However, our Defense must, Must, F....N [B]MUST[/B] learn to slam the damn door on an opponent!!
3 and out!
substitute break it off in their ass for bend and don't break.........please

GTripp0012 12-06-2009 05:29 PM

Can't say enough about the strides made by Thomas and Kelly and Davis. This is a secondary that good receivers are supposed to dominate, so based on that, Thomas played like a valuable NFL receiver today. Who knew?

DT would have been the game MVP if we had that thread.

SmootSmack 12-06-2009 05:30 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;635504]Can't say enough about the strides made by Thomas and Kelly and Davis. This is a secondary that good receivers are supposed to dominate, so based on that, Thomas played like a valuable NFL receiver today. Who knew?

DT would have been the game MVP if we had that thread.[/quote]

Well there were some key Saints DBs out...still it must pain you to see Thomas play well :)

Redskin Warrior 12-06-2009 05:31 PM

Moore you are not a RB, QB WR, or TE when you see that you are going to get tackled use proper fundamentals or go down.

r08kessl 12-06-2009 05:32 PM

Laron needs to be a strong safety, he obviously can't acclimate to the free safety position and it's killing us, but with that said every time I saw him make a play today I couldn't help of thinking about Troy polamalu. I think we are legitimately wasting his (what I think could be pro bowl) talent at free safety. I'd rather play a mediocre but consistent player at free safety and have Laron beast at strong safety.

ethat001 12-06-2009 05:33 PM

I agree completely. Great game, lost by a kicker. Again. No excuse - fire him.

But:
1) Our offensive line played good.
2) JC looked good because our offensive line played good.
3) Our WR & RBs looked good because our offensive line played good.
4) See #1.

This is EXACTLY why I think we should draft O-line first, second and third next year. Jason Campbell and the team can play really well if he has time to throw and RB's have holes to run into.

Btw, anyone else think Campbell had the benefit of playing against a G.Williams defense for years -- and could pick up coverages quickly against him?

r08kessl 12-06-2009 05:34 PM

Forgot to meantion that I love Kevin barnes, the cb position is looking solid for a while

GTripp0012 12-06-2009 05:41 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;635506]Well there were some key Saints DBs out...still it must pain you to see Thomas play well :)[/quote]Yeah...it sucks ;)

I hate when players on my team out-perform my tempered expectations for them.

SmootSmack 12-06-2009 05:43 PM

[quote=r08kessl;635510]Laron needs to be a strong safety, he obviously can't acclimate to the free safety position and it's killing us, but with that said every time I saw him make a play today I couldn't help of thinking about Troy polamalu. I think we are legitimately wasting his (what I think could be pro bowl) talent at free safety. I'd rather play a mediocre but consistent player at free safety and have Laron beast at strong safety.[/quote]

Yeah we just haven't found a good enough free safety to play along side him

GTripp0012 12-06-2009 05:44 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;635525]Yeah we just haven't found a good enough free safety to play along side him[/quote]Ryan Clark?

He'll come crawling back. Ya'll know that we complete him (as a player).

Chico23231 12-06-2009 05:45 PM

I thought JC has been playing extremely well the last several games, if he could have lead the team down for the win would have really really impressed me. Think the Bingo caller has had much more of a substanial impact than I originally thought. Im blown away the offense has played better without Portis, Samual, Thomas, Cooley...

r08kessl 12-06-2009 05:47 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;635525]Yeah we just haven't found a good enough free safety to play along side him[/quote]

Who cares abou good, all I want is someone who understands the fundamentals of thr position