Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33871)

CRedskinsRule 12-07-2009 05:25 PM

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Man stop the Haynesworth hate, that dude balls throughout the game. Yeah it sucked that he went down, and yeah the first play back he just stood, but the next play he bullrushed the OL guy, so a bit of that "taking a play off" plays to setting up the OL guy. I've seen him chase across the line of scrimmage, and on the 4th and 1 play he was 2 yards deep penetrating to stop them. This falls under the "least of worries" category

Hog1 12-07-2009 05:28 PM

I really like having Big Al in the middle as he MAKES a big difference on the D line, but I hate hearing that stuff. I would love to get a GM and coach in here that could jerk a knot in some of these guys.........

mlmdub130 12-07-2009 05:35 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;636249]Man stop the Haynesworth hate, that dude balls throughout the game. Yeah it sucked that he went down, and yeah the first play back he just stood, but the next play he bullrushed the OL guy, so a bit of that "taking a play off" plays to setting up the OL guy. I've seen him chase across the line of scrimmage, and on the 4th and 1 play he was 2 yards deep penetrating to stop them. [B]This falls under the "least of worries" category[/B][/quote]

with us losing games late i think it's a bit of concern, and we need him out there instead of takin a break.

don't get me worng he is a beast [I][U]when[/U][/I] he is on the field. the only problem is he is winded or "hurt" when we need him most.

which is another thing that comes back to coaching imo.

CRedskinsRule 12-07-2009 06:36 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;636253]with us losing games late i think it's a bit of concern, and we need him out there instead of takin a break.

don't get me worng he is a beast [I][U]when[/U][/I] he is on the field. the only problem is he is winded or "hurt" when we need him most.

which is another thing that comes back to coaching imo.[/quote]

Hey he hadn't had a helping of nachos and so he was tired.

sometimes fans perspectives are simply unbelievable...

mlmdub130 12-07-2009 07:23 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;636277]Hey he hadn't had a helping of nachos and so he was tired.

sometimes fans perspectives are simply unbelievable...[/quote]

what is so unbelievable about him being winded/hurt being a direct result of our coaching discipline or lack there of?

WaldSkins 12-07-2009 07:25 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;636253]with us losing games late i think it's a bit of concern, and we need him out there instead of takin a break.

which is another thing that comes back to coaching imo.[/quote]

So it's Haynesworth fault the secondary sucks?

mlmdub130 12-07-2009 07:30 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;636298]So it's Haynesworth fault the secondary sucks?[/quote]

no i didn't say anything to that effect, when his is out there he makes our secondary look good because of the rush he creats if anything

my point is that he is not out there on a lot of clutch plays and i feel that is the result of coaching staff being soft, and trying to be too buddy buddy

which i feel is also relevant in many other areas of the team

CRedskinsRule 12-07-2009 07:34 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;636296]what is so unbelievable about him being winded/hurt being a direct result of our coaching discipline or lack there of?[/quote]

The man weighs 300ish pounds, he goes from standstill to benchpressing one or two equal forces pushing against him. Every D-lineman gets winded and many get hurt. It's a ridiculous (in my opinion) assertion that a man who plays balls to the wall when he is in is suddenly an undisciplined behemoth because of our coaching scheme. as SS remarked, this is the way he has always played. Here, Tennessee. He is a force for 60-70% of the Defensive snaps, thats what he does. and we knew coming in that he would miss a game or two. That's who he is. Nothing I have seen from him has been different than what we were shown in the past two seasons, and it is well worth the pay to bring someone in on DLine that instantly improves every other DLine player.

But some people think these guys are robots, who by some miracle conditioning program don't tire or get hurt. That is what is so unbelievable. I weigh 215 (on a good day) when I rough and tumble with my sons, or even with my brother I get worn out quickly enough, let alone if it was pure brutality like it is in those trenches.

tryfuhl 12-07-2009 08:59 PM

[quote=calia;635999]It was. In OT, coaches do not have challenge flags, and Payton said on the Opening Drive (Sirius radio) this morning that he called the challenge to give the officials time to review the play and see if it was a fumble. AND he got the timeout back when it was ruled a fumble (which surprised him, although it isn't really consequential). But he said he called the timeout knowing that in OT if the officials have a close call to make and time, they will generally review the play.[/quote]
Yep, I mentioned this I believe last night in the gameday thread. Either give them a challenge or stop reviewing the play once a timeout is called.

I'm not going to call the game fixed or go off on any conspiracy theories but obviously the league would want the Saints to win, there's a lot of excitement in undefeated teams in each conference possibly facing each other in the SB and they'll definitely want to ride that out. I find it very odd how long each replay took; certainly enough time to consult with league officials on what to do, not that I'm remotely saying that that's what happened, just odd.

tryfuhl 12-07-2009 09:03 PM

[quote=bigmarley4;635892]I'd give a mini smack down on some obnoxious bandwagon Saints fans at the game. I've never seen any group of fans with such crisp, bright brand new jerseys and hats that looked like they just came out of the box. I'd didn't see a single old-school jersey the entire day. Most were DC area people who would have been cheering for Skins last year...[/quote]
Saw that in the early 90s a lot with the Cowboys and a TON in the NoVA area after the Steelers won in the 2005 season.

tryfuhl 12-07-2009 09:07 PM

[quote=redsk1;635932]I think Cutler can be a great qb and Sanchez may too. I just think they were more than "testing the market" though. We almost had Cutler here in DC. It was that close.

VC has done more harm than good though and I can't see how that can be disputed. He's got a bad record, he's got a bad reputation around the league, and he's makes alot of bad decisions. I'm not saying we should just change just to make a change. We should change b/c we want more out of our GM.[/quote]
I could see it working out something like this

Snyder: I want this Cutler kid
Cerrato: How badly?
Snyder: VERY
Cerrato: So I guess that I should get on the phones
Snyder: Well then get to that
Cerrato: At what cost?
Snyder: What do you think?
Cerrato: Dan, if you want him I'll try, but we can only give up so much
Snyder: How much is that?
Cerrato: Something short of 2 1st rounders
Snyder: Well, see what you can do

tryfuhl 12-07-2009 09:10 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;636115]Seeing it on TV it was crystal clear that he dragged his foot, I thought the crowd reaction was really odd, guess that explains it.[/quote]
One angle made it look like a solid drag, one made it look like it was floating a bit high. Also I seem to remember the catching coming in very late on that foot. I don't know though, I'd have to re-review.

tryfuhl 12-07-2009 09:12 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;636149]it was more like god awful, it was really shitty right by the redskins sideline, from the 40 to the 20, it was like a mud pit there, the refs almost fell down when they tried to go to the booth. there is no way that section of the feild was covered at all[/quote]
Yeah, murf or homer mcfanboy or whatever he's called stood on the Saints side to avoid the conditions on that side of the field.

tryfuhl 12-07-2009 09:13 PM

[quote=sportscurmudgeon;636189]Bozzy:

He was not the first guy to touch the ball. The Skins player who was hit by the punt touched it first after the Saints' player had re-established himself on the field of play.

BTW, on the replay, there should have been a flag on one of the Skins for blocking that Saints' player while he was still out of bounds. Flag never came out...[/quote]
Yep, that was actually Barnes. I was pretty surprised that there was no flag, there definitely could have been.

mlmdub130 12-07-2009 09:13 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;636300]The man weighs 300ish pounds, he goes from standstill to benchpressing one or two equal forces pushing against him. Every D-lineman gets winded and many get hurt. It's a ridiculous (in my opinion) assertion that a man who plays balls to the wall when he is in is suddenly an undisciplined behemoth because of our coaching scheme. as SS remarked, this is the way he has always played. Here, Tennessee. He is a force for 60-70% of the Defensive snaps, thats what he does. and we knew coming in that he would miss a game or two. That's who he is. Nothing I have seen from him has been different than what we were shown in the past two seasons, and it is well worth the pay to bring someone in on DLine that instantly improves every other DLine player.

But some people think these guys are robots, who by some miracle conditioning program don't tire or get hurt. That is what is so unbelievable. I weigh 215 (on a good day) when I rough and tumble with my sons, or even with my brother I get worn out quickly enough, let alone if it was pure brutality like it is in those trenches.[/quote]

maybe he is playing more than i'm seeing to me it feels like he is playing 50% of the snaps couldn't find anyhing online, you make good points i guess i'm just jaded by the way we went after him when we could have made other moves, i just hate seeing him on the sideline on 3 and 7, and doing his injury routine, hopefully he will grow on me