Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33871)

NYCSkin 12-06-2009 05:48 PM

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

1. [B]Landry-[/B]-Could not agree more. Time to shop him in the offseason. I'll take a 3rd rounder at this point for him. We are deep at safety and could even move Smoot to FS. Too much attitude, too many mistakes, no game changing plays....
2. [B]Suisham[/B]. Yeah the snap was high but he has a long history of missing in the clutch. I am still pissed at him for that miss in Seattle a few years back.
3.[B]THE DAMN STRETCH PLAY IN THE REDZONE[/B]. Enough with this play. We can't run it and it is always a momentum killer. I don't blame the coaches for the three runs prior to Suisham's miss but when the Skins were up 27-20 you can't run this play on 3rd down and goal. Take it out of the playbook now Sherman Smith.
4.[B]Greg Blache and his defense[/B]. I know it's the explosive Saints but his "Bend Don't Break D" has broken down three consecutive weeks in the 4th quarter. He has got to do something different to get this defense to hold a 4th quarter lead. The Skins are a top 5 D for three quarters. But in the 4th they seem like they never stop anyone. Maybe Vinny can get Richie Petitbon to call defensive plays in the 4th quarter...

budw38 12-06-2009 05:48 PM

The entire Offense , Orakpo , Daniels and Doughty . The cowpukes come to town in three weeks , just in time for a Christmas present for DC < a win > .

RMSkins 12-06-2009 05:49 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't rip Moore on that play. Moore was down by contact and the refs botched the call. I still feel that Moore should be starting at FS over Landry. Move Landry to SS and lets see what Moore can do back there.

skinsfaninok 12-06-2009 05:50 PM

[quote=Chico23231;635528]I thought JC has been playing extremely well the last several games, if he could have lead the team down for the win would have really really impressed me. Think the Bingo caller has had much more of a substanial impact than I originally thought. Im blown away the offense has played better without Portis, Samual, Thomas, Cooley...[/quote]

JC just cant win a CLUTCH MOMENT.. Don't get me wrong he played AMAZING today and destroyed GW's defense.. But it just seems like he can never pull out a GREAT drive for the win.. As far as CP, and Randy thomas go.... SEE YA some where else. I still think we could get a 2nd round pick for cooley. I doubt we even look at trading him but it couldn't hurt. F.D has proved that he can be a stud TE.

SmootSmack 12-06-2009 05:50 PM

[quote=r08kessl;635530]Who cares abou good, all I want is someone who understands the fundamentals of thr position[/quote]

I said good enough...not the same thing as good

SmootSmack 12-06-2009 05:51 PM

[quote=RMSkins;635533]I'm sorry, but I can't rip Moore on that play. Moore was down by contact and the refs botched the call. I still feel that Moore should be starting at FS over Landry. Move Landry to SS and lets see what Moore can do back there.[/quote]

You know I was just about to go and edit my original post, because I went back and watched the play and I don't blame him really

SouperMeister 12-06-2009 05:52 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;635504][B]Can't say enough about the strides made by Thomas and Kelly and Davis[/B]. This is a secondary that good receivers are supposed to dominate, so based on that, Thomas played like a valuable NFL receiver today. Who knew?

DT would have been the game MVP if we had that thread.[/quote]I couldn't agree more about the young receivers. Davis became a much better player when he decided to run through tackles instead of hurdling them. Thomas and Kelly are both very difficult to tackle on the WR screen. I just hope that we keep playing agressively on offense.

RMSkins 12-06-2009 05:54 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;635537]You know I was just about to go and edit my original post, because I went back and watched the play and I don't blame him really[/quote]
I'm glad you saw that. It really was a fluke play, and the refs didn't help much.

Lotus 12-06-2009 05:55 PM

The team overall played well. Devin Thomas chose a great time for his debutante party and other young players showed well. It is hard to fault too many people because we should have won.

We would have won were it not for a couple of fluke plays in a row (the punt and the Kareem Moore play). While both Barnes and Moore can be blamed, it is both freakish and harsh that the penalty for their actions was 7 points.

We also would have won had our kicker shown up. I'm glad I'm not one of Suisham's kids.

SouperMeister 12-06-2009 05:55 PM

[quote=RMSkins;635533]I'm sorry, but I can't rip Moore on that play. Moore was down by contact and the refs botched the call. I still feel that Moore should be starting at FS over Landry. Move Landry to SS and lets see what Moore can do back there.[/quote]I've been saying this all year. Landry is a liability at FS. He makes good aggressive plays against the run when lined up near the line of scrimmage. I don't know that Moore has Landry's range, but I can't imagine that he's any more undisciplined. For a safety that we spent a #6 choice, Landry has been a major disappointment.

GTripp0012 12-06-2009 05:56 PM

Can I lay the SmackDown on Moss for taking a Campbell "51" audible (slant route) and running a fade anyway?

We know you can (and did) beat the corner on that route, but your quarterback didn't call the play in the void to the inside so that you could just run your own thing. I'm sorry, but put Marko Mitchell in there, and the Redskins get a 7-8 yard completion at worst.

Ruhskins 12-06-2009 05:56 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;635534]JC just cant win a CLUTCH MOMENT.. Don't get me wrong he played AMAZING today and destroyed GW's defense.. But it just seems like he can never pull out a GREAT drive for the win.. As far as CP, and Randy thomas go.... SEE YA some where else. I still think we could get a 2nd round pick for cooley. I doubt we even look at trading him but it couldn't hurt. F.D has proved that he can be a stud TE.[/quote]

JC played as well as we want him to play. He's not a Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady (when Brady was in his prime...not the Tom Brady that gave up last week).

How many times, are you going to put an average QB in this position.

- Patched up offensive line
- Third-string RB with two guys off the street
- Without his best receiving weapon
- A beat up defense
- Against either the best team in football or one of the top 3 teams in football with the conditions I have listed above.

r08kessl 12-06-2009 05:57 PM

[quote=NYCSkin;635531]1. [B]Landry-[/B]-Could not agree more. Time to shop him in the offseason. I'll take a 3rd rounder at this point for him. We are deep at safety and could even move Smoot to FS. Too much attitude, too many mistakes, no game changing plays....

4.[/quote]

I disagree though, I think he could be a force at Strong safety, and he could be te attitude we've been missing on defense, I just think he's a liability at te wrong position

CRedskinsRule 12-06-2009 05:57 PM

[quote=RMSkins;635533]I'm sorry, but I can't rip Moore on that play. Moore was down by contact and the refs botched the call. I still feel that Moore should be starting at FS over Landry. Move Landry to SS and lets see what Moore can do back there.[/quote]

regardless of the down by contact Moore needs to have better control of that ball, yes he's trying to make a play, but once it clogs up he's gotta protect the ball. Still unbelievable bounces that cost us the game.

NYCSkin 12-06-2009 06:03 PM

[quote=r08kessl;635548]I disagree though, I think he could be a force at safety, and he could be te attitude we've been missing on defense, I just think he's a liability at te wrong position[/quote]

You know, I used to think that but I would rather have Horton or Doughty at SS. They are players who have a better +/- ratio of plays compared to Landry and they have less penalties. And their salaries, probably combined, are cheaper. So I say just be done with Landry and draft a OG or RB with the 3rd you could probably get for him.