Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Redskins @ Raiders - 4PM - Gameday thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34019-redskins-raiders-4pm-gameday-thread.html)

tryfuhl 12-13-2009 12:52 PM

Redskins @ Raiders - 4PM - Gameday thread

Hall and Haynesworth out

let's talk

Longtimefan 12-13-2009 01:14 PM

Re: Redskins @ Raiders - 4PM - Gameday thread

All eyes on Graham Gano....

WashPost did a poll asking whether Gano will perform better in the clutch than Shaun Suisham. I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could possibly answer that question.

CRedskinsRule 12-13-2009 01:23 PM

[quote=Longtimefan;638482]All eyes on Graham Gano....

WashPost did a poll asking whether Gano will perform better in the clutch than Shaun Suisham. I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could possibly answer that question.[/quote]

Not that it is the same as the NFL SB, but I would think kicking a gamewinner in the UFL Championship equate to a standard end of game in the NFL. That, coupled with Suisham's misses certainly would lead you to think he ought to...

tryfuhl 12-13-2009 01:46 PM

[quote=Longtimefan;638482]All eyes on Graham Gano....

WashPost did a poll asking whether Gano will perform better in the clutch than Shaun Suisham. I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could possibly answer that question.[/quote]
this is honestly a very clutch game

I think that I talked about it in another thread but some of the short kickoffs are by design, I think that we need to get rid of that.. putting somebody at their 20 is fine enough

53Fan 12-13-2009 01:50 PM

I hope we can keep Seymore out of the backfield.

Nomad 12-13-2009 02:04 PM

Sorry Guys I am not cheering for our demise, but this is another game we need to lose, running the table or finishing strong is not what we need, I really think we need to be a top 5 draft pick this year for many reason's, we all know about the stud Defense we have, we get two OL and a back like Spiller......, this is sad, but we need to do one more year with Campbell, we are a elite team next year, we win and run the table, then were drafting in the 10-15, with no 3rd or 6th..... at top 5 draft pick, we can trade down and maybe get two low first rounders....... So I want a great game, but in a losing effort.....

SOUL-SKINS 12-13-2009 02:34 PM

[quote=Nomad;638494]Sorry Guys I am not cheering for our demise, but this is another game we need to lose, running the table or finishing strong is not what we need, I really think we need to be a top 5 draft pick this year for many reason's, we all know about the stud Defense we have, we get two OL and a back like Spiller......, this is sad, but we need to do one more year with Campbell, we are a elite team next year, we win and run the table, then were drafting in the 10-15, with no 3rd or 6th..... at top 5 draft pick, we can trade down and maybe get two low first rounders....... So I want a great game, but in a losing effort.....[/quote]

What about motivation going into next season.......ala the Cincy Bengals last year. I'll never root to lose. I have to much pride.

Nomad 12-13-2009 02:38 PM

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;638505]What about motivation going into next season.......ala the Cincy Bengals last year. I'll never root to lose. I have to much pride.[/quote]

I feel you.... just how i feel

CRedskinsRule 12-13-2009 02:38 PM

^^(soul-skins) I agree, I think its more important that the players and team show they can win "meaningless" games, and develop that mentality, than 1 or 2 draft spots. Not to mention, I just want to see the Skins whoop up on somebody!

Lotus 12-13-2009 02:43 PM

In terms of draft "strategery" it would be good to lose to Oakland.

But I can't ever want a loss. You play to win the game, not to win draft picks.

Go Skins!

53Fan 12-13-2009 02:50 PM

Using your head, it might be smart to lose this game for the draft.....but my heart ain't in it. I want to kick some ass!

CRedskinsRule 12-13-2009 02:50 PM

Additional inactives:Bowen, Fanaika, Batiste, Bartell and Wynn

Gotta go back and change my tune about Wynn, guess keeping him over the other DT that went to the Eagles seems like a bad move in hindsight.

CRedskinsRule 12-13-2009 02:52 PM

also, I don't think Top 5 draft spots are "trade downable" because they are so expensive, so winning may help if we get a pick that we could use as trade bait.

53Fan 12-13-2009 03:15 PM

Kelli Johnson just reported that Tom Cable said on a Raiders show yesterday that their offense should have a good game against this Redskins defense. Of course no one from the Redskins was on the show. Kinda like a suckerpunch huh Cable? :spank:

DynamiteRave 12-13-2009 03:19 PM

Considering this might be the last game we win this year, I would like to win.