Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BREAKING NEWS: Cerrato resigns (Bruce Allen hired as VP/GM) - merged (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34132)

Gmanc711 12-17-2009 08:15 AM

re: BREAKING NEWS: Cerrato resigns (Bruce Allen hired as VP/GM) - merged

"resigned" ... Smootsmack, you got any inside info on this? Did he really "resign" or was he kind of forced out?

ArtMonkDrillz 12-17-2009 08:16 AM

I almost just spit orange juice all over my laptop! Zang!

jdlea 12-17-2009 08:17 AM

I'm still too amazed to comment. Thanks, Southpaw, for texting me this news this morning!

Monkeydad 12-17-2009 08:18 AM

Just heard it on Mike & Mike!

I literally shouted for joy! I was in the car and yelled "YESSSS!!!!!" with the biggest smile I've had for the Skins in a long time.

mredskins 12-17-2009 08:19 AM

hip hip hooray!

CRedskinsRule 12-17-2009 08:19 AM

They are speculating that they may have someone already hired. Certainly it would make sense if DS has someone, and he told Cerrato, you can be a minor cog or out of the football side all together, or resign. Cerrato may have at that point chosen to resign.

SmootSmack 12-17-2009 08:22 AM

Shit, you decide to take a shower and all this starts happening. All I know is that earlier this week I was told that Cerrato was offered the opportunity to remain with the team but notified that (regardless of what happened with Shanahan) he would no longer be responsible for oversight of the football operations. The most rumored names were Bruce Allen coming on board full-time or Scott Campbell who already oversees the entire draft process being promoted to General Manager. (that's what I was hinting at when I said the other day we may not be looking to far for our next General Manager)

I'm stunned it happened so quickly quite honestly

jdlea 12-17-2009 08:24 AM

SmootSmack, in your informed opinion, does this raise or lower the chance that Jim Zorn is retained as head coach of the team?

maroonandblack30 12-17-2009 08:26 AM

HUGE step in the right direction.

This has to mean Holmgrem is coming to town IMO.

Gmanc711 12-17-2009 08:26 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;640891]Shit, you decide to take a shower and all this starts happening. All I know is that earlier this week I was told that Cerrato was offered the opportunity to remain with the team but notified that (regardless of what happened with Shanahan) he would no longer be responsible for oversight of the football operations. The most rumored names were Bruce Allen coming on board full-time or Scott Campbell who already oversees the entire draft process being promoted to General Manager. (that's what I was hinting at when I said the other day we may not be looking to far for our next General Manager)

I'm stunned it happened so quickly quite honestly[/quote]

When you say "oversees the draft process" what exactly does that mean. He wouldnt have any hand in trading the picks away that we do, or deciding who we take in the draft?

I mean I think in terms of the players that we actually take, we take pretty good players with the picks we have, we just at times dont focus on the right positions. Would he have had alot of input in what positions we have gone over the last few years?

SolidSnake84 12-17-2009 08:28 AM

Damn man...i can't believe i missed hearing this....this is the news i had been waiting for for years!! What a great early christmas present!! Praise God Almighty

Pocket$ $traight 12-17-2009 08:28 AM

Now Zorn can spread his wings and lead us to glory!

Oh yeah...

RobH4413 12-17-2009 08:29 AM

All I need is Joe Gibbs president of football operations and Russ Grimm head coach and I'll be happy.

Side question.... anyone kinda okay with Zorn keeping his job? Stranger things have happened in Redskins land.

Hog1 12-17-2009 08:29 AM

I JUST heard! AWESOME...SHefter will be on M&M in a few minutes

SmootSmack 12-17-2009 08:29 AM

[quote=jdlea;640894]SmootSmack, in your informed opinion, does this raise or lower the chance that Jim Zorn is retained as head coach of the team?[/quote]

I'd suspect it lowers