Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Cerrato/Allen Reaction around the web (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34138-cerrato-allen-reaction-around-the-web.html)

PennSkinsFan 12-17-2009 12:06 PM

Cerrato/Allen Reaction around the web

[URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/17/redskins-reaction-one-liners-from-the-experts.html"][B]http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/17/redskins-reaction-one-liners-from-the-experts.html[/B][/URL]

[QUOTE]We asked our friends in Redskins media and blog nation to give us one line on what they thought the resignation of Vinny Cerrato means. We asked the best of the best. Here are the responses:[/QUOTE]

Monkeydad 12-17-2009 12:16 PM

Re: Cerrato/Allen Reaction around the web

Your other thread was closed. We have a huge one already.

Stop spamming your site please.

FRPLG 12-17-2009 12:24 PM

[quote=Buster;641160]Your other thread was closed. We have a huge one already.

Stop spamming your site please.[/quote]

They're are a partner posting their content. The other was locked since it was just a pimp deal. This is actualy content and if you read it you might be surprised to see who is included in it.

Daseal 12-17-2009 12:25 PM

Buster said it, stop starting spam threads.

cooleyforthescore 12-17-2009 12:31 PM

nice work GMS, Matty and SS.

Mattyk 12-17-2009 12:32 PM

[quote=FRPLG;641168]They're are a partner posting their content. The other was locked since it was just a pimp deal. This is actualy content and if you read it you might be surprised to see who is included in it.[/quote]

Thank you, relax folks

PennSkinsFan 12-17-2009 12:33 PM

Matt and SS give some of the more interpretative thoughts, that is precisely why we like to go back to them for any round table type discussions like this.

SolidSnake84 12-17-2009 01:20 PM

I can say even though its early in the day, this has to be the happiest and most anticipating that i've seen Redskins nation since it was announced that Joe Gibbs was coming back in 2004.

JLee9718 12-17-2009 01:40 PM

When Gibbs came back my mind was racing ahead to a Super Bowl. The first thing Gibbs did was trade (I think a #3 draft choice) for a washed up QB, Mark Brunell. The second thing he did was trade our best cornerback, Champ Bailey, PLUS a #2 draft choice for Portis. Is Portis a future Hall of Famer? Not in my opinion, but Champ Bailey is! Gibbs got some breaks from fans that we don't give Zorn. But I still say get rid of Zorn whom I really supported in the beginning. Now I'm supporting Allen and whoever he picks as head coach.

Mattyk 12-17-2009 01:42 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;641246]I can say even though its early in the day, this has to be the happiest and most anticipating that i've seen Redskins nation since it was announced that Joe Gibbs was coming back in 2004.[/quote]

It has that type of feel, though Gibbs was a complete shock. We sorta knew this would be coming.

SolidSnake84 12-17-2009 01:43 PM

Its true that Brunell was on his last legs coming here in 2004, but at the time the belief was that he could give us solid QB play for a few years until we could develop a QB.

I think he did just that. 2004 was just a bad year. Brunell and the skins played great in 2005....2006 Al Saunders happened, and the rest they say is history.

GMScud 12-17-2009 01:56 PM

[quote=Daseal;641172]Buster said it, stop starting spam threads.[/quote]

These guys have been posting around her for a while. Why do people think it's spam??

Hog1 12-17-2009 02:50 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;641277]It has that type of feel, though Gibbs was a complete shock. We sorta knew this would be coming.[/quote]
HOLY HELL......how we HOPED this was coming!

PennSkinsFan 12-17-2009 10:06 PM

[quote=GMScud;641300]These guys have been posting around her for a while. Why do people think it's spam??[/quote]

Gracias senor!

And for the record, as a site that has been extremely and highly critical of Snyder's ownership, I personally saw a different Dan Snyder today. A Snyder that may have realized there is another way to the promised land and that way does not need to have him involved in personnel, yet, as an Owner, he can still get the credit.

Dirtbag59 12-17-2009 10:10 PM

Lol, so true:
“In a shocking turn of events, hope is restored to Redskins Park … but how the hell did Jim Zorn outlast Vinny Cerrato?”

My favorite quote of today though is the one that suggested that maybe Vinny could work with JLC at NFLN.

This was also pretty good.
Originally Posted by Ellis
-run up the salary cap (Like a boss!!!)
-strip play calling duties (Like a boss!!!)
-hire bingo callers (Like a boss!!!)
-embrace mediocrity (Like a boss!!!)
-blow Danny (Like a boss!!!)
-beg for forgiveness (Like a boss!!!)
-drink milk from a bowl (Like a boss!!!)
-write my resignation (Like a boss!!!)
-cancel my radio show (Like a boss!!!)
-apply for job at Six Flags (Like a boss!!!)