Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Shanahan in Talks with Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34146)

Monkeydad 12-18-2009 03:16 PM

Re: Report: Shanahan in Talks with Redskins

[quote=mlmdub130;642042]i [B]would[/B] mind if he stayed as a qb coach, what has he done well with jc? jc is still jc pretty much the same through out the season, if anything improved it was after sherw lewis got here, i wouldn't really credit zorn with anything this year except terrible play calling[/quote]

Campbell's game and fundamentals have improved. Zorn wouldn't be calling plays as QB coach. Zorn knows how to play the position.

mlmdub130 12-18-2009 03:20 PM

[quote=Buster;642050]Campbell's game and fundamentals have improved. Zorn wouldn't be calling plays as QB coach. [B]Zorn knows how to play the position[/B].[/quote]

doesn't mean he can coach though, i used to think zorn was gettin burned for no reason but the better we get with the less control he has i don't see any need for him

and people like to say he is a great qb coach for what he did with hassebeck, and imo hasselbeck isn't even that good now if we were talking about grooming brady, or brees it would be a different story

Monkeydad 12-18-2009 03:23 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;641986]My question is would the Redskins be disrespectful enough to name Shanahan coach while Zorn is coaching with 3 games to go? Why bother playing those games and not firing Zorn on the spot since he's being replaced? Something doesn't jive with the story that it is a done deal.[/quote]

Shanahan is being locked up by Snyder NOW since Dallas is waiting to lose the last few games before making a decision on Wade staying or going.

Smart move by Snyder to take the Cowboys' rumored next coach away from them.

This is why they're locking up a new coach before the end of the season when it has been stated Zorn will stay the remainder of the year.

firstdown 12-18-2009 03:26 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;642055]doesn't mean he can coach though, i used to think zorn was gettin burned for no reason but the better we get with the less control he has i don't see any need for him

and people like to say he is a great qb coach for what he did with hassebeck, and imo hasselbeck isn't even that good now if we were talking about grooming brady, or brees it would be a different story[/quote]
Well Sherm does not even talk to JC so I'm guessing durn the week its Zorn getting the team ready for what ever scheme they are using against the other team. I would say the only thing Zorn is doing differently now is he is just not calling the plays but like others have said not all coaches call the plays. Who was calling the plays for Gibbs before the 700 page game book came to town?

mlmdub130 12-18-2009 03:35 PM

[quote=firstdown;642059]Well Sherm does not even talk to JC so I'm guessing durn the week its Zorn getting the team ready for what ever scheme they are using against the other team. I would say the only thing Zorn is doing differently now is he is just not calling the plays but like others have said not all coaches call the plays. Who was calling the plays for Gibbs before the 700 page game book came to town?[/quote]

my point was simply the fact that the team is functioning a whole lot better the further away from the controls zorn is.

SolidSnake84 12-18-2009 03:36 PM

[quote=firstdown;642059]Well Sherm does not even talk to JC so I'm guessing durn the week its Zorn getting the team ready for what ever scheme they are using against the other team. I would say the only thing Zorn is doing differently now is he is just not calling the plays but like others have said not all coaches call the plays. Who was calling the plays for Gibbs before the 700 page game book came to town?[/quote]

Gibbs was calling his own plays in 2004 and 2005, because gibbs at one time was an offensive mastermind....Jim Zorn never has been

CRedskinsRule 12-18-2009 04:01 PM

Given the [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34165-report-shanahan-to-dc-done-deal.html#post642000"]Report:Shanahan to DC a done deal[/URL] I suppose this outdated thread could be closed, right?

Dirtbag59 12-18-2009 04:03 PM

If this is true then the one thing I do know is that Kyle Shannahan will be named the Assistant HC/OC. The Bugel situation should be an interesting one to monitor. Does he want to coach another year? If he doesn't could the team get Alex Gibbs, after all he's already an Assistant HC? Will Bugel be able to handle himself on draft day when for the first time in 100 years the Redskins spend multiple picks on OL, including early picks?

tryfuhl 12-18-2009 04:05 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;642088]Given the [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34165-report-shanahan-to-dc-done-deal.html#post642000"]Report:Shanahan to DC a done deal[/URL] I suppose this outdated thread could be closed, right?[/quote]
lol.

tdSKINS1 12-18-2009 04:45 PM

Outdated this was on espn.com this morning haha

rbanerjee23 12-18-2009 04:47 PM

F Snyder...Zorn said it would take 2-3 years, but nobody wants to listen...his playcalling could be better but that is true of any coach, I feel for the guy

Son Of Man 12-19-2009 11:29 PM

[quote=rbanerjee23;642122]F Snyder...Zorn said it would take 2-3 years, but nobody wants to listen...his playcalling could be better but that is true of any coach, I feel for the guy[/quote]

Boo Hooo....getting fired and walking away with millions!

Pocket$ $traight 12-20-2009 12:46 AM

[quote=rbanerjee23;642122]F Snyder...Zorn said it would take 2-3 years, but nobody wants to listen...his playcalling could be better but that is true of any coach, I feel for the guy[/quote]

Feel for him all you want but he hit the lottery coming here. The man is a buffoon as a head coach. And there is no shred of evidence proving otherwise.

People will say, "Well they play hard every week and he deserves credit for keeping them from quitting". No he doesn't. There are some very strong veterans with a lot of pride on this team. I credit them for holding the locker room together. Not the idiot who chose to take a penalty and give a third and 12 because the other kicker is good at 50 yard field goals.

I am tired of seeing him in our colors. They should have fired him at the bye week and let Jerry Gray be the interim coach.

It is not an accident that they did a 180 after Sherman Lewis came in off the street.

Pocket$ $traight 12-20-2009 12:47 AM

[quote=mlmdub130;642063]my point was simply the fact that the team is functioning a whole lot better the further away from the controls zorn is.[/quote]

This point cannot be argued.

SBXVII 12-20-2009 12:54 AM

[quote=RedskinMike;641975]Kubiac is a head coach and that wont change unless he is fired and the other guys work for him so it might be difficult to get them[/quote]

Well reports are the Texans are not doing well and the owner is not happy with the situation there either.

I think we can all agree Shanahan would bring in his son who is currently working for the Texans as their OC.

If the Texans deside to let Kubiac go cause they are not happy with his performance, which is what I keep hearing, Kubiac would be available. He might not want to take a step down but if he was happy working with Shanahan previously then I could see him coming in.

As far as Alex Gibbs, I'm not sure if or when his contract ends or if he can even say he resigns his position and can come to the Skins. But if the Texans blow up what they have and look to hire a new HC then I would like to think Shanahan will make a play for him.

Reports are Shanahan has been calling around trying to essemble a coaching staff. I wonder who he's talked to as his positions coach's. Has he made contact with any of his old staff, his son, Kubiac, Alex Gibbs?