Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Shanahan to DC done deal (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34165)

PennSkinsFan 12-18-2009 02:33 PM

Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

[URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/18/report-shanahan-to-dc-a-done-deal.html"][B]http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/18/report-shanahan-to-dc-a-done-deal.html[/B][/URL]

[QUOTE]The [URL="http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rumor-Nation.html"]National Football Post is reporting[/URL] that you don’t have to wonder about who the next Redskins head coach will be. It’s going to be [B]Mike Shanahan[/B].[/QUOTE]

tryfuhl 12-18-2009 02:34 PM

Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

As done as the other reports or more so?

SolidSnake84 12-18-2009 02:36 PM

they just said the same thing on the radio here....Guys it looks like Jim Zorn may be fired before the day is over.....

Trample the Elderly 12-18-2009 02:38 PM

Screw it. If we're going to hell in a hand-basked we might as well enjoy the ride. This is fun! If it's true, I feel sorry for Zorn, but not that sorry.

freddyg12 12-18-2009 02:39 PM

DON'T FIRE ZORN NOW!

I don't see this being good for our next 2 games w/div. rivals. I want our Skins to play spoiler & at least send Zorn out w/his dignity.

I hope there's no truth to the Shanny deal, but there probably is.

SolidSnake84 12-18-2009 02:39 PM

Zorn had to see this coming though, in all fairness. The team turned around as soon as he stopped calling plays...what does that tell you???

Ruhskins 12-18-2009 02:42 PM

No offense, but how is this different from any of the other rumors?

PennSkinsFan 12-18-2009 02:46 PM

[quote=freddyg12;642007]DON'T FIRE ZORN NOW!

I don't see this being good for our next 2 games w/div. rivals. I want our Skins to play spoiler & at least send Zorn out w/his dignity.

I hope there's no truth to the Shanny deal, but there probably is.[/quote]

I agree. Do I think there is truth to the Shanny deal? Absolutely. Do I think it should be kept under wraps and Zorn finisih the season? yes. Changing coaches at 4-9 with 3 games left makes absolutely no sense.

Lets remember, Jerry Jones has great respect and admiration for Shanny. Snyder wants this deal done before Wade Phillips is ousted. I absolutely 100% believe a deal with Shanahan is done. But please wait.

PennSkinsFan 12-18-2009 02:47 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;642010]No offense, but how is this different from any of the other rumors?[/quote]

It isnt except for the fact that National Football Post has a great track record.

Hog1 12-18-2009 02:50 PM

[quote=freddyg12;642007]DON'T FIRE ZORN NOW!

I hope there's no truth to the Shanny deal, but there probably is.[/quote]
I get the impression this is not about firing Zorn...now, but locking up Shanny NOW, as he is a pretty hot commodity

Schneed10 12-18-2009 02:51 PM

No offense to DC Pro Sports report, but they're referencing a source that I wouldn't exactly consider to be the most credible in the world. When an ESPN, Wa Post, or SI starts jumping on this, then I'll buy it.

mredskins 12-18-2009 03:01 PM

[quote=Schneed10;642019]No offense to DC Pro Sports report, but they're referencing a source that I wouldn't exactly consider to be the most credible in the world. When an ESPN, Wa Post, or SI starts jumping on this, then I'll buy it.[/quote]

I agree!

Spence 12-18-2009 03:03 PM

[quote=Schneed10;642019]No offense to DC Pro Sports report, but they're referencing a source that I wouldn't exactly consider to be the most credible in the world. When an ESPN, Wa Post, or SI starts jumping on this, then I'll buy it.[/quote]The National Football Post is a pretty good source. They're more reliable than, say, Pro Football Talk. Besides, it points at the top of the post at this is a "report."

PennSkinsFan 12-18-2009 03:03 PM

[quote=Schneed10;642019]No offense to DC Pro Sports report, but they're referencing a source that I wouldn't exactly consider to be the most credible in the world. When an ESPN, Wa Post, or SI starts jumping on this, then I'll buy it.[/quote]

Disagree considering Bruce Allen gave a nice shout out to Mike Lombardi who works for NFP. Think you need to know a little more about who has sources and who does not before criticizing a specific media.

Monkeydad 12-18-2009 03:07 PM

Another attempt for site hits?

We have a huge Shanahan thread already and guess what, thread titles CAN be updated!

PennSkinsFan 12-18-2009 03:07 PM

Thats not to say this report is absolutely correct, hence 'report', but NFP is a very credible source, especially with Allen here.

celts32 12-18-2009 03:08 PM

That report says nothing. Done deal based on what? It's just more rumor and speculation like everything over in the other Shanahan thread.

mredskins 12-18-2009 03:10 PM

[quote=PennSkinsFan;642029]Disagree considering Bruce Allen gave a nice shout out to Mike Lombardi who works for NFP. Think you need to know a little more about who has sources and who does not before criticizing a specific media.[/quote]

Fair enough but why are the major outlets mum on the news.

Daseal 12-18-2009 03:10 PM

Please be true!

jamf 12-18-2009 03:13 PM

There is only one credible source and his name is SmootSmack!

mlmdub130 12-18-2009 03:14 PM

[quote=jamf;642043]There is only one credible source and his name is SmootSmack![/quote]

where the f is he haven't hear s from him today

PennSkinsFan 12-18-2009 03:15 PM

[quote=mredskins;642037]Fair enough but why are the major outlets mum on the news.[/quote]

Because it is not widely known and won't be probably. Fact is, I doubt the Redskins would replace Zorn NOW. That would look worse then incompetent. Do I believe Shanny has signed a deal? No. Do I believe terms have verbally been agreed to? Yes. Do I expect an announcement any time soon? Nope. I believe the NFP probably has a well 'placed' source that heard the deal is done (verbally) and reported it. Besides, the one thing Snyder/Allen wanted to do was get Shanny underwraps before Phillips was fired in Dallas and a bidding war would start.

dmek25 12-18-2009 03:16 PM

[quote=Schneed10;642019][B]No offense to DC Pro Sports report[/B], but they're referencing a source that I wouldn't exactly consider to be the most credible in the world. When an ESPN, Wa Post, or SI starts jumping on this, then I'll buy it.[/quote]
since when do you care who you piss off?

Schneed10 12-18-2009 03:16 PM

[quote=dmek25;642051]since when do you care who you piss off?[/quote]

LOL, good question. I don't!

dblanch66 12-18-2009 03:16 PM

not buying it until Smootsmack confirms validity

Dlyne8r 12-18-2009 03:36 PM

[quote=Spence;642028]The National Football Post is a pretty good source. They're [B]more reliable than, say, Pro Football Talk[/B]. Besides, it points at the top of the post at this is a "report."[/quote]

No offense Spence, but an old Chevy Chevette is more reliable than PFT! Florio has been such a turd, but I'm ashamed to admit I've been lured to his trash laden "rumor" mill way too many times. New Year's resolution: Never...read...PFT...ever...again.

47FAN 12-18-2009 03:37 PM

wheres smoot?????????????????????????????????????

SolidSnake84 12-18-2009 03:40 PM

All of a sudden the news has gotten awfully quiet....The team is adamantly denying the Shanahan talk, but we know that means nothing.....

47FAN 12-18-2009 03:42 PM

means nothing at all.

hooskins 12-18-2009 03:44 PM

whats with all the hostility nowadays? Everyone is hating on Spence and PennSkinsFan. Others giving sell our team guys a hard time.

I call out people all the time, but this is definitely a bit too much.

Dirtbag59 12-18-2009 03:44 PM

Guys, don't worry about Smoot not being around. I'm pretty sure anyone can call up the right people and get info. I'll be right back.

*edit* Ok, so I called Redskins HQ and the NFL office and both of them told me to go f**k myself and that if I didn't stop calling they were going to call the police on me. I guess this is what we in the business call a snag.

CRedskinsRule 12-18-2009 03:47 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;642046]where the f is he haven't hear s from him today[/quote]
He caught wind of the done deal, was about to post here, when DS had a "certain associate", who has also not been seen since yesterday, bust down the door and break SS's computer. Reports say SS yelled Sarge as he was being gagged.

BigHairedAristocrat 12-18-2009 03:47 PM

Thanks for the info but why couldn't this have just gone in the other thread? Nothing really new here, just another source.

Ruhskins 12-18-2009 03:50 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;642073]He caught wind of the done deal, was about to post here, when DS had a "certain associate", who has also not been seen since yesterday, bust down the door and break SS's computer. Reports say SS yelled Sarge as he was being gagged.[/quote]

So that's what Vinny's duties in his "consulting" capacity. LOL.

Daseal 12-18-2009 03:55 PM

I like the new thread. The other one is too damn long to be able to quickly get info. I'd rather know about breaking news at the beginning of a thread rather than page 14 post 12.

PennSkinsFan 12-18-2009 03:56 PM

[quote=hooskins;642070]whats with all the hostility nowadays? Everyone is hating on Spence and PennSkinsFan. Others giving sell our team guys a hard time.

I call out people all the time, but this is definitely a bit too much.[/quote]

Ooooooohhhhh, I like that. Penn and Spence hating. That may have to go under a testimonial, lol.

artmonkforhallofamein07 12-18-2009 04:01 PM

This is a good day to be a Redskins fan. Like that we are getting all this shit done now.

Schneed10 12-18-2009 04:02 PM

Well I understand there's a partnership here between the Warpath and DC Pro Sports. So DC Pro Sports links their material here and that's all fine and good.

But just because there's a partnership doesn't mean the membership is going to treat the posters differently from any other poster. DC Pro Sports puts out a lot of good stuff, and I click on the links a lot myself. But if something gets put out that's viewed as a little suspect or a little shaky in terms of validity, or even something that's viewed as irrelevant or a "who cares" item, then the membership here is going to call them on it.

Remember when Earthquake started here and posted a ton of ridiculous threads? Well this is nothing near as bad as that, but I for one don't put much credence in this Shanahan source. And if other DC Pro Sports posts are viewed as irrelevant by the membership, I think they're within their rights to say so.

tryfuhl 12-18-2009 04:04 PM

[quote=Schneed10;642090]Well I understand there's a partnership here between the Warpath and DC Pro Sports. So DC Pro Sports links their material here and that's all fine and good.

But just because there's a partnership doesn't mean the membership is going to treat the posters differently from any other poster. DC Pro Sports puts out a lot of good stuff, and I click on the links a lot myself. But if something gets put out that's viewed as a little suspect or a little shaky in terms of validity, or even something that's viewed as irrelevant or a "who cares" item, then the membership here is going to call them on it.

Remember when Earthquake started here and posted a ton of ridiculous threads? Well this is nothing near as bad as that, but I for one don't put much credence in this Shanahan source. And if other DC Pro Sports posts are viewed as irrelevant by the membership, I think they're within their rights to say so.[/quote]

Agreed, sometimes I find good info there and other times I find something that looks like it was written by a drunk 12 year old angry at the world listening to Tool.

PennSkinsFan 12-18-2009 04:06 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;642092]Agreed, sometimes I find good info there and other times I find something that looks like it was written by a drunk 12 year old angry at the world listening to Tool.[/quote]

Tool's all right. Some of their stuff at least.