Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34317)

tdSKINS1 12-25-2009 06:28 PM

Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4771769]Washington Redskins send Albert Haynesworth home from practice - ESPN[/url]

Says it was a dicipline problem and Zorn sent him home. Anyone else know anymore details? Doesn't sound to serious and he'll play on Sunday. I bet he still is frustrated with how this team has turned out this season.

tryfuhl 12-25-2009 06:49 PM

re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Have no clue, but just read about it and came here to see if anybody knew anything.

tryfuhl 12-25-2009 06:55 PM

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/zorn-haynesworth-discipline-wa.html?hpid=artslot]Redskins Insider - Zorn: Haynesworth discipline 'was necessary'[/url]

from the AH appreciation thread

Longtimefan 12-25-2009 07:34 PM

It's obvious from some of his post-game comments of late that the guy is frustrated with losing. I don't think he anticipated this kind of season when he signed here. However, maybe he could find a better way to express himself without being disciplined.

KLHJ2 12-25-2009 07:36 PM

He showed up late to a team meeting was supposed to go home and attempted to practice anyway. It was a small verbal disagreement, nothing major.

GMScud 12-25-2009 08:26 PM

Maybe if he was in good enough shape to run out of the tunnel without getting winded he would be able to miss a few minutes of practice without getting disciplined. Big fat fatty. I wish his work ethic was on par with his physical abilities.

GTripp0012 12-25-2009 10:22 PM

Hardly anything groundbreaking or shocking here, but an interesting read none the less:

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/25/AR2009122501780_2.html]Haynesworth sounds off on Blache, defense after being sent home - washingtonpost.com[/url]

skins89moss 12-25-2009 10:38 PM

Well the Redskins defense is okay but they still dont get turnovers or score points. Maybe because they don't attack but rather react and play conservative. I would rather have a defense that attacks and forces turnovers which lead to points. Our defense has been last in the league for several years in forcing turnovers, maybe its Blache's scheme.

mooby 12-25-2009 10:41 PM

If Blache isn't here after the season I feel our new d-coordinator should put guys like Haynesworth in the best position to succeed. I wouldn't care if our defense was top ten as long as we forced turnovers, got sacks, and stopped the o when it mattered. Notice how we've been a good yardage wise d but never really been up there in all those other stats. I feel like if we do get a new d-coordinator he should let our playmakers make plays. AKA keep Orakpo on the line, let Haynesworth do his thing like he used to, put Landry at strong safety and keep him there and get some playmaking DB's. That's just my two cents.

Nomad 12-25-2009 10:50 PM

Now maybe people here will stop saying we need to bring Blache back, seem like he is trying to run that 1970's Defense against 2010 Offense's, I hope we get a stud of a D-cordinator to come in build our D round the style that fit's our talent.

53Fan 12-25-2009 11:31 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;645798]Hardly anything groundbreaking or shocking here, but an interesting read none the less:

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/25/AR2009122501780_2.html]Haynesworth sounds off on Blache, defense after being sent home - washingtonpost.com[/url][/quote]

I'll be so glad when that outdated stubborn old bastard is gone. Isn't he from down south? Go get a job with Grilliams in N.O. Blache. Your act has worn thin here and the game is passing you by. This may be a little harsh but I'm over it already, just like I am with Portis. This defense can't hold a lead for s**t no matter who we add to it.

LandrySlice 12-25-2009 11:33 PM

Yeah, it's definetly time for Blache to go, the defense is awful! I know its a bend don't break system, but it sure has looked broken to me this season!

skinsfan69 12-25-2009 11:40 PM

[quote=53Fan;645810]I'll be so glad when that outdated stubborn old bastard is gone. Isn't he from down south? Go get a job with Grilliams in N.O. Blache. Your act has worn thin here and the game is passing you by. This may be a little harsh but I'm over it already, just like I am with Portis. This defense can't hold a lead for s**t no matter who we add to it.[/quote]

It can't hold a lead so do you blame the coaches or the players? See it's easy to sit here and blame Blache. Should be do more attacking? Well sure but that puts a strain on the db's and they can't cover worth shit. Maybe the reason why he's conservative is because of the secondary.

Texanskin 12-25-2009 11:47 PM

I dont like players talking to the media...so i disagree with AH coming out the way he did. BUT...i will say the Blache is holding him back. The scheme that we run is taylor made for when you DONT have a beast on the D line and you rely on gap control to make up for deficiencies. But when you HAVE a game changer on the inside you have to let him play. I wanted to keep Zorn UNTIL the giants game.....so let zorn go and blache...promote Jerry Gray to D coordinator.....

Pocket$ $traight 12-26-2009 12:30 AM

Nice knowing you, Blache...

53Fan 12-26-2009 12:41 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;645812]It can't hold a lead so do you blame the coaches or the players? See it's easy to sit here and blame Blache. Should be do more attacking? Well sure but that puts a strain on the db's and they can't cover worth shit. Maybe the reason why he's conservative is because of the secondary.[/quote]

Blache is responsible for the scheme and the scheme is usually the problem. What secondary in the NFL doesn't want a strong pass rush from it's d-line? They all do because it makes their job easier. Put Landry at SS and Orakpo at DE where they belong, rush the passer except on obvious running downs and watch how many more INT's these DB's get. Blache doesn't believe in his players, he believes in his scheme, that's why he doesn't let them play and his scheme isn't worth a f**k when it comes down to holding a lead. If the late Jim Johnson or Swartz or Pittsburgh's DC had this defense we'd be kicking ass.

wilsowilso 12-26-2009 01:12 AM

Blache is terrible.

Bigreds77 12-26-2009 07:44 AM

Do you people really want our DB coach running the D? Every game his corners & safety's are out of position. I would like to see Zorn send him packing.

LandrySlice 12-26-2009 08:21 AM

Zorn can't send anyone packing accept himself, don't worry everyone, Blache and Gray are both out, whole new staff is coming to town. I like Gray, but it's time for a fresh strart!

KI Skins Fan 12-26-2009 08:29 AM

This is Haynesworth playing politics. He knows that Zorn is as good as gone and that there will be other changes. With that in mind, he's campaigning for Blache to go, too.

As for Gray, I've lost respect for him and I hope he goes, as well. That's because I beieve that he did interview for the HC position while he was still working for Zorn. To undermine your boss like that is wrong in my world. Also, I believe that that, by interviewing for a job that he won't even be considered for, Gray helped that weasel, Dan Snyder, to circumvent the spirit and intent of the Rooney Rule.

Longtimefan 12-26-2009 09:24 AM

I don't know about you guys but I saw this coming a long time ago, I'm just surprised it took this long to surface. From just listening to Haynesworth in various interviews early on in the season, one could sense the way he felt about the way Blache was using him and it wasn't favorable.

I mentioned in the other Haynesworth thread that I felt Blache should be a little more understanding, realize what he has and tailor his scheme to fit the player as opposed to the other way around. Should Blache be gone, this is a problem hopefully we won't have next year.

44Deezel 12-26-2009 10:06 AM

Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess. Blache definitely doesn't use his players to their fullest potential. Jason Taylor is a good example. Screw the overall Defense STAT. That shit is bogus. It's all about sacks, turnovers and points. We're a bad team that plays a bad schedule every year, and teams never have to get into a shoot out with us in order to beat us. Soooo, at the end of the year, the Defensive stats "look" pretty decent, but in reality, the Skins D is mediocre.

This is just more national media attention that the pathetic Skins don't need right now.

12thMan 12-26-2009 10:48 AM

Yep, this is basically the same bone Jason Taylor had to pick with the Redskins. I guess this isn't some little isolated incident between Zorn and Fat Al. In so many words, Haynesworth is telling Blache and Zorn, in fact the entire defensive staff, don't let the door hitcha.

But here's the thing, I think in part he's gone public with this because other players share this same sentiment, but Haynesworth just has the balls to air it publicly.

God, what is it going to take to get this team to play together?

warpaint 12-26-2009 10:49 AM

Here is something i just seen on espn.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4772458]Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth: Coaches all against me - ESPN[/url]

12thMan 12-26-2009 10:52 AM

[quote=warpaint;645836]Here is something i just seen on espn.

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4772458"]Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth: Coaches all against me - ESPN[/URL][/quote]

Same thing we're discussing now. It was first reported in WaPo.

Hog1 12-26-2009 11:00 AM

[quote=12thMan;645835]Yep, this is basically the same bone Jason Taylor had to pick with the Redskins. I guess this isn't some little isolated incident between Zorn and Fat Al. In so many words, Haynesworth is telling Blache and Zorn, in fact the entire defensive staff, don't let the door hitcha.

But here's the thing, I think in part he's gone public with this because other players share this same sentiment, but Haynesworth just has the balls to air it publicly.

God, what is it going to take to get this team to play together?[/quote]
ask Bruce? he has a plan

warpaint 12-26-2009 11:06 AM

[quote=12thMan;645837]Same thing we're discussing now. It was firts reported in the WaPo.[/quote]

Yes but if you read it, it is updated and its quoting AH. He is discussing the reason he was sent home and there are other players that show 2 hours late and the coaches look the other way.

Longtimefan 12-26-2009 11:12 AM

[quote=12thMan;645835]Yep, this is basically the same bone Jason Taylor had to pick with the Redskins. I guess this isn't some little isolated incident between Zorn and Fat Al. In so many words, Haynesworth is telling Blache and Zorn, in fact the entire defensive staff, don't let the door hitcha.

God, what is it going to take to get this team to play together?[/quote]

12thMan that's exactly a point I wanted to add. In most cases I have not been in favor of players going public when they have problems of this nature but in this particular case there have been others that have expressed critical views as well. I say kudos to big Al for standing up to Blache and for what he feels to be right for him. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" is a phrase coined for Blache. Get out of my face, go sit down and shut up are demands I think I would bristle at too.

12thMan 12-26-2009 11:13 AM

[quote=warpaint;645839]Yes but if you read it, it is updated and its quoting AH. He is discussing the reason he was sent home and there are other players that show 2 hours late and the coaches look the other way.[/quote]

Oh right, I did read the ESPN artilcle. It's definitely interesting. Well, more than interesting actually. I just hope Bruce can right the ship and flush out all the BS. Fat Al made it a point to say there wasn't any leadership and guys are overthinking and playing like robots.

That much is obvious, especially when it comes to Jason Campbell.

12thMan 12-26-2009 11:17 AM

[quote=Longtimefan;645840]12thMan that's exactly a point I wanted to add. In most cases I have not been in favor of players going public when they have problems of this nature but in this particular case there have been others that have expressed critical views as well. I say kudos to big Al for standing up to Blache and for what he feels to be right for him. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" is a phrase coined for Blache. Get out of my face, go sit down and shut up are demands I think I would bristle at too.[/quote]

You know Carlos Rogers has taken a lot of heat around here, and deservedly so, but you can almost sense he's been biting his tongue for a while now. Again, Rogers has been horrible but I think if had the opportunity to be completely candid, I think he'd place some of the blame on his coaches.

franklinhimself 12-26-2009 11:20 AM

This situation reminds me of excellent coaches versus not so good coaches.
I'm from Syracuse- and I'm not saying their old football coach (Paul Pasqualoni) was a great coach but i did think much more highly of him after i learned that pretty much directed his staff to uproot their offensive scheme when McNabb came in, recognizing he was an extremely special talent.

I like Blache from the standpoint of an old school disciplinarian whom I think runs our D pretty well, but in the world today you've got to be able to be flexible, and recognize the tremendous talent you have the privilege of working with.

franklinhimself 12-26-2009 11:21 AM

Maybe this is grounds for a new thread:

Who are some top name possible D-Coordinator candidates?

12thMan 12-26-2009 11:33 AM

As far as players airing dirty laundry or publicly disagreeing with coaches, eh? I don't know, I think we tend to make a bigger deal of it than it really is. Sure it's not the most professional thing to do, but teams shrugg of comments and locker room disagreements all the time.

Every team has one or two prima donnas that tend to go off script once in a while. You just have to know how to manage it, because you can't keep players from speaking their minds nowadays. Grievances fester. And now athletes use Twitter, they blog, they facebook, text, or whatever means to get their point across. It's simply part of the modern day sports culture and media age we now live in.

Big C 12-26-2009 11:34 AM

[quote=franklinhimself;645843]This situation reminds me of excellent coaches versus not so good coaches.
I'm from Syracuse- and I'm not saying their old football coach (Paul Pasqualoni) was a great coach but i did think much more highly of him after i learned that pretty much directed his staff to uproot their offensive scheme when McNabb came in, recognizing he was an extremely special talent.

I like Blache from the standpoint of an old school disciplinarian whom I think runs our D pretty well, but in the world today you've got to be able to be flexible, and recognize the tremendous talent you have the privilege of working with.[/quote]

very true. his system worked when we had no name chumps starting for us like lemar marshall, joe salavea'a, etc. but we have real talent on defense now. we can be much more aggresive now.

Longtimefan 12-26-2009 12:04 PM

[quote=12thMan;645842]You know Carlos Rogers has taken a lot of heat around here, and deservedly so, but you can almost sense he's been biting his tongue for a while now. Again, Rogers has been horrible but I think if had the opportunity to be completely candid, I think he'd place some of the blame on his coaches.[/quote]

I agree, you could feel his frustration when he was benched earlier in the season and at other times in the last two yrs. His comments at times have the coaches viewing him and Haynesworth in the same vein, they both make too much noise in their public analysis of the coaching staff. If Carlos were let loose I'm sure he would have much more to say.

tdSKINS1 12-26-2009 12:13 PM

Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4772458]Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth: Coaches all against me - ESPN[/url]

More on Haynesworth from ESPN

elamin24 12-26-2009 12:17 PM

Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

it begins

tdSKINS1 12-26-2009 12:17 PM

Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

I'm sorry this link is in the other Haynesworth thread I started you can close this down if need be. It is being discussed in the other thread. My apologies.

SBXVII 12-26-2009 12:25 PM

Let me see if I got this right cause I just heard it....

We bring in the 100 mill $ man to wreak havoc all game long. He shows up, been a team player, defended other players on the field, and true he takes plays off but he also give 150% when on the field by taking on two players every play on almost all games.

We are at the end of a losing season....one in which Zorn has failed to show up to for 6 games of last season and all of this season. Call it what you want late or absent but HC has not been there and he's going to send a player home? He could not fine him? Could not tell him he's staying after for extra work? Make him do up downs for a half an hour? .....sent him home. Thats the best you can do? Zorn's got issues. I have no problem with AH speaking out cause we all know Zorn is gone at seasons end. I wish I was AH....I'd start showing up late to all the meetings. I mean if my punishment is to be sent home then I'd gladly sit on my couch and collect my 100 mill.

Son Of Man 12-26-2009 12:35 PM

I can't wait for this ENTIRE coaching staff to be gone!!!