Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   George Michael in Redskins Ring of Honor? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34318)

MPNRedskins 12-25-2009 08:47 PM

George Michael in Redskins Ring of Honor?

This may be a crazy idea, but do you think the Redskins would consider putting George Michael in the Redskins Ring of Honor? Think about all of the things he did with the Redskins while working for NBC 4 - He created the Redskins Report, hosted the shows with our head coaches, did analysis with Sonny for the skins games. I don't know if the Redskins organization would do something like this, but, to me, it seems like a good idea. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

R.I.P. George Michael

KLHJ2 12-25-2009 09:04 PM

Re: George Michael in Redskins Ring of Honor?

I do not think that he was ever employed by the organization though so I doubt it. Personally I am indifferent, if they do...great if not, I am not going to lose sleep over it.

Longtimefan 12-26-2009 09:37 AM

Knowing his relationship with Snyder, if it's at all possible he may find it both fitting and appropiate. Will be interesting to see if that's something they actually will consider.

44Deezel 12-26-2009 11:26 AM

I wouldn't mind it. He was the ultimate homer and covered the Skins like no one else. I couldn't do without Redskins Report.

SBXVII 12-26-2009 12:13 PM

Are there any other people on it that were not players or coach's?

Most likely not. Give him a wall inside Redskins park.

SmootSmack 12-26-2009 05:48 PM

I've got nothing against it...though I would hope that the same honor is then one day bestowed upon Frank Herzog

MonkFan4Life 12-26-2009 08:02 PM

Took the words right out of my mout Smoot ! Frank was the best !

dmek25 12-26-2009 08:11 PM

long time skins fan, and never heard of him. nope

Ilovebeer <3 12-27-2009 01:55 AM

No man in the media should be on the ring of honor IMO.

Having that said I'd I had to have someone from the media it would be george. Loved that guy. Rip

tryfuhl 12-27-2009 02:08 AM

[quote=dmek25;645927]long time skins fan, and never heard of him. nope[/quote]
You're trolling right?

Gmanc711 12-27-2009 02:59 AM

[quote=tryfuhl;645999]You're trolling right?[/quote]

I wont lie, up until this week, I had not heard of him either. I'm not from the DC area, so I really never knew anything about the guy...

tryfuhl 12-27-2009 03:03 AM

[quote=Gmanc711;646008]I wont lie, up until this week, I had not heard of him either. I'm not from the DC area, so I really never knew anything about the guy...[/quote]Ahh yeah I guess you guys being in different locations would make a difference, but the sports machine was nationally televised.

Here's a cool little article that people should read.

[URL="http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/The-woman-behind-George-Michael-will-miss-him-most-8680284-80076942.html"]Harry Jaffe: The woman behind George Michael will miss him most | Washington Examiner[/URL]

Dirtbag59 12-27-2009 03:06 AM

I haven't lived in the area since 1992 so I guess it's not exactly unusual that I didn't know he was such a big deal. Only reason I know who he is was because of a few local news clips I saw on YouTube in the past year, mainly the one pertaining to Snyders acquisition of the team in 1999.

However people who have lived in the DC area past 1992 have no excuse for not knowing who George Michael is :D

tryfuhl 12-27-2009 03:08 AM

From the wiki on the show

[quote]The Machine shuts down

Beginning in 2004, fellow WRC-TV sports anchor Lindsay Czarniak joined Sports Machine as a contributing correspondent and substitute host, and she became the official co-host of the program in September 2006. However, this arrangement did not last long, as Michael announced on November 16, 2006 that he would retire and Sports Machine would end its 27-year run in March 2007. Michael reasoned that he would not want his contract renewed at the expense of WRC-TV's sports staff, which was slated to be reduced under NBC Universal's network-wide, cost-reduction initiative. (NBCU 2.0)

The last episode aired on March 25, 2007. After thanking his co-host, sponsors, syndicators and staff, Michael said this at the end of the show:

"I close every show every Sunday by saying 'Thank you for letting us be a part of your weekend.' Well tonight, for the final time, we say, 'Thank you. Thank you for letting us be a part of your life'. From everyone at the Sports Machine, have a great weekend everybody. We hope to see you somewhere down the road of life. Thank you."

Michael then walked off camera, and was heard to say "Last one out, turn out the lights!" as the show closed for the final time.[/quote]

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_George_Michael_Sports_Machine]The George Michael Sports Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

True class act.

LandrySlice 12-27-2009 06:49 AM

No way he should go into the Ring, but pay him some sort of tribute... That will be suficient