Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Week 16 NFL talk (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34346)

Giantone 12-28-2009 08:21 AM

Re: Week 16 NFL talk

[quote=Mattyk;646832]Anyone else disappointed the Colts didn't go for 16-0?[/quote]

Peyton.

Giantone 12-28-2009 08:24 AM

[quote=skins89moss;646126]Nice to see Giants fan suffer with that Beat down they took at home LOOOOOOOL. They suck toooooooo.[/quote]

So as a Redskin fan you're saying that you wouldn't rather have had the season the Giants had as to the Redskins season?

DBUCHANON101 12-28-2009 08:27 AM

[quote=Giantone;646843]So as a Redskin fan you're saying that you wouldn't rather have had the season the Giants had as to the Redskins season?[/quote]

They ended the same, no playoffs. But the Skins get the higher pick on draft day so at this point its better. :)

SmootSmack 12-28-2009 08:30 AM

The Redskins went through the 2009 Giants season...in 2008

MTK 12-28-2009 08:34 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;646539]Back to back 3 TD, 0 INT games from Moore. What happened to those on the board who were saying earlier this year "Moore can't beat out Delhomme. Enough said"[/quote]

He's played well but they haven't asked him to do much either. A lot of short throws, screens, etc.

Still, there's no doubt he should have been starting over Delhomme who at this point in his career is barely backup material.

Giantone 12-28-2009 09:09 AM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;646845]They ended the same, no playoffs. But the Skins get the higher pick on draft day so at this point its better. :)[/quote]

wow.:confused:

sportscurmudgeon 12-28-2009 02:44 PM

[quote=SBXVII;646115]Wow, I was actually rooting for the Saints cause I don't want Dallas, Giants, or the Eagles to make the playoffs.

Although seeing the Eagles get in and get beat in the SB was rather gratifying, I could see that again. :)[/quote]

Man you are setting yourself up to be one unhappy camper. The ONLY way for the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys to miss the playoffs would be for the Skins to win the NFC East. Check the standings, dude; that has been impossible for quite a while now. Reality bites...

When was the last time the Skins were NFC East champs? Wasn't that Norv's team in 1999?

FRPLG 12-28-2009 02:56 PM

[quote=sportscurmudgeon;647031]Man you are setting yourself up to be one unhappy camper. The ONLY way for the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys to miss the playoffs would be for the Skins to win the NFC East. Check the standings, dude; that has been impossible for quite a while now. Reality bites...

When was the last time the Skins were NFC East champs? Wasn't that Norv's team in 1999?[/quote]

Yes...then we lost in the playoffs on a bad FG snap...then the snapper died like 1-2 years later of cancer. I believe it Matt Turk's brother Dan. Poor guy.

BDBohnzie 12-28-2009 03:03 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;646807]Moore's been good in limited time in the past. Normally, guys like him don't get a fully uncontested shot at the job because of physical limitations, but I really don't see what choice the Panthers have. It's not like they'll be able to draft a guy who is anything more than a system QB.

Moore might have to start for them next year.[/quote]
I don't see Delhomme doing more than holding a clipboard and being an insurance policy next year. Moore has done more than enough to be given the keys to the driver's seat. And why not? He can hand the ball off 30+ times a game to Williams and Stewart.

Caldwell screwed me by taking Peyton out, but c'est la vie. Mercury Morris can now have his yearly toast. San Diego may have the tools to knock Peyton out of the playoffs...

Philly is the hottest team in the NFC, and they were able to win a squeaker, which wouldn't have been if Macho Harris doesn't fumble that 2nd half kickoff.

A win next week, and the Falcons will have their first back-to-back winning seasons in franchise history...thanks Deion for that tidbit.

SmootSmack 12-28-2009 03:11 PM

Back to back winning seasons and no playoffs

DBUCHANON101 12-28-2009 05:02 PM

Jim Zorn's opportunities

After the Redskins fire Jim Zorn, he is not expected to have to wait long for his next employment opportunity. Amongst the other teams -- that's right, teams -- that will be interested is the Cleveland Browns. New Browns president Mike Holmgren hired Zorn in Seattle, and was one of his biggest champions for the job in Washington. Now that Zorn will be free, and Cleveland is assumed to be making changes, Zorn is expected to have the chance to land in Cleveland if he doesn't take another coaching opportunity first. The other offensive coach that could be ticketed for Cleveland is former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis, who wants to remain in the Midwest. Weis's agent is Bob LaMonte, who also happens to represent Holmgren, and LaMonte is the master at matching his clients with one another. Weis might have other opportunities, but he might have the opportunity to work in Cleveland.

REALLY CLEVELAND??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

firstdown 12-28-2009 05:34 PM

Would it not be funny as hell if the Jets made the playoffs and then ended up playing and knocking the Colts out of the playoffs.

GMScud 12-28-2009 11:05 PM

Charles Tillman just took a nasty shot to the ribs and had to get carted off very quickly and was getting oxygen while it happened. Very scary. Hope he's okay. I'm not expert, but I'll do my best Skinny Tee impression and say that he had some kind of broken ribs that are affecting his lungs.

davy 12-28-2009 11:29 PM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;647082][B]Jim Zorn's opportunities

After the Redskins fire Jim Zorn, he is not expected to have to wait long for his next employment opportunity.[/B] Amongst the other teams -- that's right, teams -- that will be interested is the Cleveland Browns. New Browns president Mike Holmgren hired Zorn in Seattle, and was one of his biggest champions for the job in Washington. Now that Zorn will be free, and Cleveland is assumed to be making changes, Zorn is expected to have the chance to land in Cleveland if he doesn't take another coaching opportunity first. The other offensive coach that could be ticketed for Cleveland is former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis, who wants to remain in the Midwest. Weis's agent is Bob LaMonte, who also happens to represent Holmgren, and LaMonte is the master at matching his clients with one another. Weis might have other opportunities, but he might have the opportunity to work in Cleveland.

REALLY CLEVELAND??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/quote]

I had no idea there was a dearth of waterboys in the NFL.

davy 12-28-2009 11:46 PM

OT in Chicago.

Cutler to throw a pick?