Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   In defense of Albert Haynesworth (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34373)

FRPLG 12-29-2009 08:23 AM

Re: In defense of Albert Haynesworth

[quote=irish;647222]Tony Dungy predicted this back when the season started. He said it was known around the league that if things went bad for the team AH would begin complaining as the season wound to a close. Looks like he was right.[/quote]

Good for him. So what?

hooskins 12-29-2009 09:13 AM

When AH gets carted off its definitely amusing, but his impact on the line is crazy. There is no denying it.

What the hell has A. Carter done the last 3 years? Absolutely nothing. Its not like he got younger and more talented overnight. Sure AH's conditioning isn't great, he plays a bit more than 60 percent of snaps. If we can get that to 70, I think it is worth it.

hooskins 12-29-2009 09:36 AM

In terms of maturity, comments, etc. I think it boils back down to the organization. The system we have in place, where the owner overrides everything, reduces the coaches authority, prevents them from having their own people, etc. breeds the environment and the behavior we see in comments from AH, Rock, Portis.

I dont justify their actions, but their really isnt any strong authority or organization which would prevent it.

irish 12-29-2009 09:46 AM

[quote=FRPLG;647241]Good for him. So what?[/quote]

So it means AH is a malcontent when times get tough. He shot his mouth off about the team needeing leadership but falling asleep in meetings and being late for practice isnt showing leadership especially when you are making $100 Mil. People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones and AH definitely lives in a glass house.

SmootSmack 12-29-2009 10:06 AM

[quote=irish;647256]So it means AH is a malcontent when times get tough. He shot his mouth off about the team needeing leadership but falling asleep in meetings and being late for practice isnt showing leadership especially when you are making $100 Mil. People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones and AH definitely lives in a glass house.[/quote]

He was falling asleep in meetings?

And are you sure that's what Dungy said?

tryfuhl 12-29-2009 10:07 AM

[quote=hooskins;647249]When AH gets carted off its definitely amusing, but his impact on the line is crazy. There is no denying it.

What the hell has A. Carter done the last 3 years? Absolutely nothing. Its not like he got younger and more talented overnight. Sure AH's conditioning isn't great, he plays a bit more than 60 percent of snaps. If we can get that to 70, I think it is worth it.[/quote]
You and the WT disagree on the amount he's playing it seems.

MTK 12-29-2009 10:09 AM

He's played over 70% in the games he's played in as documented by the Times. I heard Al Michaels the other night mention he's only played 60% and I was like great, here we go again.

FRPLG 12-29-2009 10:15 AM

[quote=irish;647256]So it means AH is a malcontent when times get tough. He shot his mouth off about the team needeing leadership but falling asleep in meetings and being late for practice isnt showing leadership especially when you are making $100 Mil. People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones and AH definitely lives in a glass house.[/quote]

I still don't get the point. So he's mouthy. So what? To me he's right...they told them they'd let him play and they aren't. That's what Blache does. He subverts players abilities in the name of his scheme. All hail the mighty scheme. "Let's sand these square pegs to fit in the round hole scheme I have". AH is right and I don't care if he's mouthy. If he starts getting mouthy about something that isn't right then I'll care. And I'll reiterate. I'll take 53 guys who get pissy when the team sucks...we haven't had enough players who get pissy when we suck.

irish 12-29-2009 10:31 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;647262]He was falling asleep in meetings?

And are you sure that's what Dungy said?[/quote]

Yes.

Yes.

SmootSmack 12-29-2009 10:40 AM

[quote=irish;647272]Yes.

Yes.[/quote]

I must have missed that about Haynesworth sleeping during meetings. Do you have any proof of either of these? Any link or anything?

irish 12-29-2009 10:43 AM

[quote=FRPLG;647268]I still don't get the point. So he's mouthy. So what? To me he's right...they told them they'd let him play and they aren't. That's what Blache does. He subverts players abilities in the name of his scheme. All hail the mighty scheme. "Let's sand these square pegs to fit in the round hole scheme I have". AH is right and I don't care if he's mouthy. If he starts getting mouthy about something that isn't right then I'll care. And I'll reiterate. I'll take 53 guys who get pissy when the team sucks...we haven't had enough players who get pissy when we suck.[/quote]

The point is he's mouthy in a bad way. Its carping and talk about needing leadership and then not showing that leadership yourself. It about having an "its somebody elses fault" attitude that doesnt fly especially when you are making $100 mil.

AH is doing just fine in the scheme and he's even making others better. AH would really be cleaning up in the scheme if he was in better shape. I think a big part of the Skins problem is the players constantly being in me me me mode instead of getting with the program and playing. 11 guys running around playing how they want doesnt work. Heck, 1 guy running around doing what he wants doesnt work. If the Skins were 12-3 I am 100% certain AH wouldnt have a problem with the scheme.

irish 12-29-2009 10:44 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;647274]I must have missed that about Haynesworth sleeping during meetings. Do you have any proof of either of these? Any link or anything?[/quote]

I heard JLC talking about it yesterday on the radio.

Sorry, I meant Maske, not JLC.

tryfuhl 12-29-2009 10:44 AM

[quote=Mattyk;647265]He's played over 70% in the games he's played in as documented by the Times. I heard Al Michaels the other night mention he's only played 60% and I was like great, here we go again.[/quote]

Still recycling numbers from before we got him.. who even knows how accurate they were?

skinsfan69 12-29-2009 10:46 AM

[quote=irish;647276]I heard JLC talking about it yesterday on the radio.[/quote]

I heard that too. I just rolled my eyes and started laughing.

SmootSmack 12-29-2009 10:55 AM

[quote=irish;647276]I heard JLC talking about it yesterday on the radio.

Sorry, I meant Maske, not JLC.[/quote]

Talking about sleeping in meetings? Interesting

Anyhow, this is what I saw Dungy said

[url=http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/redskins-confidential/Dungy-not-sold-on-Haynesworths-effort-56746542.html]Dungy not sold on Haynesworth's effort | Washington Examiner[/url]

Didn't really see him say that he would complain. But maybe he said it elsewhere