Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thanks to coach Zorn (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34523)

MTK 01-04-2010 08:03 AM

Thanks to coach Zorn

Zorn is a good guy so a part of me feels for him today. He came in and did the best he could under some less than ideal circumstances. Working with Vinny alone should get him some kind of award. Anyway, best of luck to Jim Zorn. He will land on his feet somewhere no doubt.

SmokinSkins 01-04-2010 08:17 AM

Re: Thanks to coach Zorn

Good Luck Coach Zorn, Here is wishing you the best.

Longtimefan 01-04-2010 08:22 AM

Zorn is a true warrior, he's the kind of guy I'd have no problem sharing a fox-hole with in time of real trouble. Fighter to the end even though in this case he lost. Good luck Z-Man.

SolidSnake84 01-04-2010 08:25 AM

I agree. Let's give thanks to Jim Zorn for what he tried to do. Having the balls to bench Campbell when he was sucking (even though he didnt stay with it), getting into it with Haynesworth when he was disrespected (He didn't do the same thing with Portis in 08).

Sadly, it was just too little too late..

mredskins 01-04-2010 08:26 AM

The guy basically won the lottery, his got a nice chunk of change in his pocket right now.

I have worked in bad situations with horribly bosses and only been paid $10 an hour.

I don't feel bad for him at all and he brought me a lot of pain with his horrible coaching.

Looking back at his QB drills with the slip and slide and throwing the pads at them, that is some laughable shit. Should have canned his ass right there.

Good Bye Jim Zorn and don't let the door hit you in the ass, actualy let it hit you maybe it will wake your ass up.

MTK 01-04-2010 08:26 AM

The idea is or was to keep it positive here.

SmootSmack 01-04-2010 08:29 AM

Not only Zorn but all the other people on his staff-coaches and administrative assistants alike-who are probably gone as well. Especially those with kids. This kind of stuff is an inevitably in pro sports and it's something you have to be prepared for, still it never feels good to be let go or to see good people let go.

CRedskinsRule 01-04-2010 08:34 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;649327]Not only Zorn but all the other people on his staff-coaches and administrative assistants alike-who are probably gone as well. Especially those with kids. This kind of stuff is an inevitably in pro sports and it's something you have to be prepared for, still it never feels good to be let go or to see good people let go.[/quote]

For all the staff and families that are going through this upheaval. Thanks and Good luck in the future. But I am with mredskins, Zorn is a good guy who just got a couple mil for living his dream job and failing. I don't wish him ill, but it's a little much to say thanks to him at this point.

irish 01-04-2010 08:36 AM

[quote=Mattyk;649314]Zorn is a good guy so a part of me feels for him today. He came in and did the best he could under some less than ideal circumstances. Working with Vinny alone should get him some kind of award. Anyway, best of luck to Jim Zorn. He will land on his feet somewhere no doubt.[/quote]

I couldnt agree more.

mredskins 01-04-2010 08:38 AM

[quote=Mattyk;649325]The idea is or was to keep it positive here.[/quote]

Sorry but that was my really only negative post about Zorn, ever. I am just done with him.

Keeping with the thread:

"Good luck big guy!"

FRPLG 01-04-2010 08:51 AM

I'm not convinced Jim won't be a decent head coach someday. If he learns from this I think he can be.

Longtimefan 01-04-2010 08:52 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;649327]Not only Zorn but all the other people on his staff-coaches and administrative assistants alike-who are probably gone as well. Especially those with kids. This kind of stuff is an inevitably in pro sports and it's something you have to be prepared for, still it never feels good to be let go or to see good people let go.[/quote]

I was thinking that same thing Smack. There are more people feeling the pain from this than Zorn himself. It amazes me how some people can be so dismissive of "the man" because he didn't pan out to be a good "football coach". He's a man first, and he gave nothing but respect while he was here and he deserves nothing less going out.

Someone may find some value in the two years experience he gained here and find a way to put it to good use. I always say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Good luck Zorn and all your coaches who have to endure what I'm sure you knew was inevitable for a while. Be like the cat Jim, no matter how they twist and turn you, land on your feet.

CrackBack 01-04-2010 08:54 AM

I always felt bad for him. It's an awful move to put someone into a position that they are not qualified for. He did his best and took his lumps like a man. He handled an awful situation with dignity and I hop he finds success somewhere else in the NFL.

His charector has been amazing this year.

Paintrain 01-04-2010 08:57 AM

I feel bad for him as a man because all that I heard was that he was decent to everyone he encountered and the media that covered him had nothing bad to say about the guy. I'm not going to waste false platitudes on his coaching tenure but I hope he finds a role that suits him.

rstone1979 01-04-2010 09:27 AM

I agree, Zorn may not be our choice as head coach but he treated it with class and held his head high all season amidst all the rumors and turmoil. With all the questions about his job week after week i think i would have went off on someone.