Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Bruce Allen presser (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34529-bruce-allen-presser.html)

PennSkinsFan 01-04-2010 02:04 PM

Bruce Allen presser

[URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/01/04/bruce-allen-charts-a-new-course-for-the-redskins.html"][B]http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/01/04/bruce-allen-charts-a-new-course-for-the-redskins.html[/B][/URL]

Here is our review in case you missed it.

Beemnseven 01-04-2010 02:40 PM

Re: Bruce Allen presser

One of the questions I didn't hear was whether or not the interview process has been concluded?

Why would it take so long to get the new guy in? Why wasn't Shanahan next to him at the podium?

rbanerjee23 01-04-2010 02:52 PM

Hopefully by the end of the day today, Shanahan is on the payroll

SolidSnake84 01-04-2010 02:53 PM

Did he say anything about Campbell at all?

Mattyk 01-04-2010 02:55 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;649598]One of the questions I didn't hear was whether or not the interview process has been concluded?

[B]Why would it take so long to get the new guy in?[/B] Why wasn't Shanahan next to him at the podium?[/quote]

We've been without a coach for less than 12 hours... lol sorry just had to laugh at that...

Redskins One was reportedly in Colorado today if that makes you happy.

Mattyk 01-04-2010 02:57 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;649610]Did he say anything about Campbell at all?[/quote]

Something like... he's had 51 starts, hasn't played his best ball yet, that's ahead of him.

Daseal 01-04-2010 03:01 PM

He said he thought Campbell's best days were ahead of him.

What struck me about the presser was when he was asked if we would rebuild he said no, that we would reload. That scares me.

mredskins 01-04-2010 03:05 PM

[quote=Daseal;649618]He said he thought Campbell's best days were ahead of him.

What struck me about the presser was when he was asked if we would rebuild he said no, that we would reload. That scares me.[/quote]

I think rebuild is seen as a "bad" word in sports marketing. Rebuild says it is going to be years before we are good again, reload says we are almost there hold on.

The skins still need to sell tickets in the rebuild/reload years so it is just a play on words to keep folks drooling.

jgalecpa 01-04-2010 03:09 PM

Glad to see Snyder wasn't there.

Mattyk 01-04-2010 03:11 PM

[quote=mredskins;649620][B]I think rebuild is seen as a "bad" word in sports marketing. Rebuild says it is going to be years before we are good again, reload says we are almost there hold on.[/B]

The skins still need to sell tickets in the rebuild/reload years so it is just a play on words to keep folks drooling.[/quote]

Pure GM speak more than anything.

Giantone 01-04-2010 03:12 PM

[quote=jgalecpa;649624]Glad to see Snyder wasn't there.[/quote]

lol......he went skiing.

drew54 01-04-2010 03:12 PM

I don't think this team will be gutted like some are hoping for. I think most of the vets who make too much money will be dropped. The "offensive" line is the only thing in need of true rebuilding. A new RB is most likely required as well.

This team has quite a bit of young talent, that is close to turning the corner.

SBXVII 01-04-2010 03:13 PM

[quote=mredskins;649620]I think rebuild is seen as a "bad" word in sports marketing. Rebuild says it is going to be years before we are good again, reload says we are almost there hold on.

The skins still need to sell tickets in the rebuild/reload years so it is just a play on words to keep folks drooling.[/quote]

Understood. However the marketing department needs to realize that to fans, lay person, and general public Rebuild means "fresh start" in hopes of building a team oriented organization, Reload means SSDD. We've been "Reloading" for 10 yrs now.

Beemnseven 01-04-2010 03:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk;649612]We've been without a coach for less than 12 hours... lol sorry just had to laugh at that...

Redskins One was reportedly in Colorado today if that makes you happy.[/quote]

Yes, I didn't word that correctly. It just seems like if Shanahan's the guy, why wait until this press conference on Thursday? Is it to satisfy the Rooney Rule? I've heard something along the lines of having to interview Jerry Gray again -- if that's what it takes to dot all the I's and cross all the T's, fine.

But simply from a PR standpoint, it would seem like a stronger statement to the fans that your guy is already in place.

Mattyk 01-04-2010 03:15 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;649631]Yes, I didn't word that correctly. It just seems like if Shanahan's the guy, why wait until this press conference on Thursday? Is it to satisfy the Rooney Rule? [B]I've heard something along the lines of having to interview Jerry Gray again -- if that's what it takes to dot all the I's and cross all the T's, fine.[/B]

But simply from a PR standpoint, it would seem like a stronger statement to the fans that your guy is already in place.[/quote]

That report wasn't true.

The delay is probably due to just a few last minute hashing out of contract details I would guess.