Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Coaching Staff update (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34618-coaching-staff-update.html)

PennSkinsFan 01-07-2010 12:13 PM

Coaching Staff update

We are going to continue to bump this post tot he Top of DC Pro Sports when a new rumors exists to keep an update type tracker on rumored Shanahan staff.

[URL="http://www.dcprosportsreport.com/articles/washington-redskins/redskins-coaching-staff-rumors-a-reports.html"][B]http://www.dcprosportsreport.com/articles/washington-redskins/redskins-coaching-staff-rumors-a-reports.html[/B][/URL]

Lotus 01-07-2010 01:02 PM

Re: Coaching Staff update

Bobby April In Washington? YES! That would be a heckuva late Christmas present.

artmonkforhallofamein07 01-07-2010 01:14 PM

How could you get Alex Gibbs out of his coaching contract in houston or is it up?

Right now he is assistant hc offense with the texans.

SmootSmack 01-07-2010 01:19 PM

[quote=Lotus;651917]Bobby April In Washington? YES! That would be a heckuva late Christmas present.[/quote]

I wonder if that would mean more rumors of Rosco Parrish coming here

As for Alex Gibbs, the guy is almost 70 years old. I wouldn't mind getting someone in a bit younger (Rick Dennison)...plus it would just be weird having a guy named Gibbs here that isn't Joe (or I guess Coy)

Lotus 01-07-2010 01:26 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;651923][B]I wonder if that would mean more rumors of Rosco Parrish coming here[/B]

As for Alex Gibbs, the guy is almost 70 years old. I wouldn't mind getting someone in a bit younger (Rick Dennison)...plus it would just be weird having a guy named Gibbs here that isn't Joe (or I guess Coy)[/quote]

Yeah, I'll bet we'd hear rumors daily about Parrish. :) Maybe that would not be so bad. If we ditch ARE we could make him (Parrish) WR #5 and have him return kicks.

But Parrish is not why I am psyched for this move. If the April and Zimmer rumors are true, we'd have Shanahan, Zimmer, and April as coordinators. If the NFL is a coordinator's league, as some have said, we'd have perhaps the best coordinator lineup around.

BleedBurgundy 01-07-2010 01:35 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;651923]I wonder if that would mean more rumors of Rosco Parrish coming here

As for [B]Alex Gibbs[/B], the guy is almost 70 years old. I wouldn't mind getting someone in a bit younger (Rick Dennison)...plus it would just be weird having a guy named Gibbs here that isn't Joe (or I guess Coy)[/quote]

Can't stand that guy. How many season ending injuries have his o-lines caused?

Dirtbag59 01-07-2010 01:36 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;651923]I wonder if that would mean more rumors of Rosco Parrish coming here

As for Alex Gibbs, the guy is almost 70 years old. I wouldn't mind getting someone in a bit younger (Rick Dennison)...plus it would just be weird having a guy named Gibbs here that isn't Joe (or I guess Coy)[/quote]

Agreed, it's like sorry Bugel but we're going with a youth movement. See this guy Alex Gibbs? When you were a Sophomore in high school he was a freshman.

artmonkforhallofamein07 01-07-2010 01:41 PM

^^ Now thats funny...

BigHairedAristocrat 01-07-2010 02:02 PM

Apparently Snyder, the owner (as opposed to Shanahan, the head coach and executive vice president of football operations) is interested in bobby april.

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/07/redskins-interested-in-april/]Redskins interested in April | ProFootballTalk.com[/url]

who do you think snyder wants to be our defensive coordinator, offensive line coach, linebackers coach, etc.? i hope snyder assembles the best coaching staff possible and gives it to shanahan.

MattsRiff 01-07-2010 02:07 PM

Ha I was about to reply with that link as my first post!

This is exciting. Redskins special teams have been below average for too long now. Hopefully this spells the end for ARE and even Rock as returners.

skinsfaninok 01-07-2010 02:08 PM

I can't tell u the last time I was so excited about a 4-12 team lol.. Shanny and Allen will build a great team here and it's about time.. We will no longer be the laughing stock of the NFC east..

BigHairedAristocrat 01-07-2010 02:08 PM

[quote=MattsRiff;651939]Ha I was about to reply with that link as my first post!

This is exciting. Redskins special teams have been below average for too long now. Hopefully this spells the end for ARE and even Rock as returners.[/quote]

Sorry to steal your thunder. welcome to the warpath. ditto on ARE and Rock. One of the main reasons I would like to see us "clean house" and get rid of the entire coaching staff is so that we can bring in guys who have no connection or loyalty to ANY of our players. That's the only way we'll truly see the best players starting.

MattsRiff 01-07-2010 02:25 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;651942]Sorry to steal your thunder. welcome to the warpath. ditto on ARE and Rock. One of the main reasons I would like to see us "clean house" and get rid of the entire coaching staff is so that we can bring in guys who have no connection or loyalty to ANY of our players. That's the only way we'll truly see the best players starting.[/quote]

Thanks Aristocrat!

I think that people, and maybe Rock himself, overrate his ability. This is evidenced by his pouting to the media whenever he feels like he deserves a bigger role.
While great in coverage, he never was a dynamic kick returner and he's less so every year. Nothing like getting a quick 6 points out of a big return to push the momentum and pump up the team,,, that just never happens anymore.

rbanerjee23 01-07-2010 02:37 PM

I don't get the deal with Rock...the best, absolute best you can say of him is that he is reliable in that you will start at the 20 and not fumble the ball. But don't we deserve more, even Cleveland has Cribbs. I would love to be, for a change, the team that puts the other team on its heels with a quick score wouldn't you guys?

Dirtbag59 01-07-2010 02:39 PM

Personally I'd like to nominate Ray Brown to coach the O-Line. Then again only if he's the best guy to coach our new ZBS.
[SIZE="1"]
Footnote -
ZBS - Zone Blocking Scheme[/SIZE]