Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Mora out in Seattle, Pete Carroll in (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34643-mora-out-in-seattle-pete-carroll.html)

Paintrain 01-08-2010 01:45 PM

Mora out in Seattle, Pete Carroll in

ESPN reporting that Jim Mora has been fired as head coach of Seattle.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557]Seattle Seahawks fire Jim Mora after one season, source says - ESPN[/url]

Can't say I saw that one coming. With the rumors of Paul Allen's failing health and a shaky front office, who's going to end up there? I think we can rule out Cowher, too far away from his family.

CRedskinsRule 01-08-2010 01:47 PM

re: Mora out in Seattle, Pete Carroll in

Wow!! I didn't see that especially after Holmgren didn't go there. Maybe Zorn is headed back to Seattle!

freddyg12 01-08-2010 01:55 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;652477]Wow!! I didn't see that especially after Holmgren didn't go there. Maybe Zorn is headed back to Seattle![/quote]

I would be really happy for him if that were to happen, whether it's as qb coach, coordinator or waterboy supervisor. That's where he belongs & has a good history.

SmootSmack 01-08-2010 01:55 PM

I figured he'd be fired if Holmgren took over there, but then I guess makes sense no matter who the new President/GM is there

Billick? Probably not

Fassel? Possible

Cowher? Doubt it

A Floyd Reese/Mike Heimerdinger combo wouldn't surprise me

I think Raye and DeCosta are also finalists for the GM position.

rbanerjee23 01-08-2010 01:58 PM

They said a few weeks ago that Mora would be back for another season so this was a huge surprise...

skinsfan69 01-08-2010 02:01 PM

In professional sports no one has any patience. It's win now or you're fired. Jim Mora's team underachieved. But one year? That's just wrong.

Lotus 01-08-2010 02:07 PM

I feel sorry for Mora. He so wanted to return to Washington state and be a success. Now, after one year as the head guy, he's back to plan B.

Redskin Warrior 01-08-2010 02:10 PM

I once heard that they decided they didn't want to give him the job, but it was too late he was already waiting in the wings after Holmgren.

hooskins 01-08-2010 02:11 PM

lol I doubt Zorn is gonna get their head coaching position.

Dirtbag59 01-08-2010 02:15 PM

Mora was screwed either way. He comes to Washington he has Vinny assembling a playoff roster, he goes to Seattle and gets fired after one year. Ironically though he might be a candidate to be this teams Defensive Coordinator.

SFREDSKIN 01-08-2010 02:25 PM

[B]Seahawks fire Mora, plan to interview Frazier[/B]

Posted: January 8th, 2010 | Steve Wyche | Tags: Jim Mora, Leslie Frazier, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks have fired coach Jim Mora and have already arranged to interview Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, according to sources with knowledge of the developments.

Mora, who inherited a 4-12 team, spent just one season as coach after being promoted as a defensive assistant in 2009. Seattle was decimated by injuries and inconsistency and finished 5-11.

It was Moras second head coaching job, having led the Atlanta Falcons to a 26-22 record from 2004-2006.

Frazier, meanwhile, has been contacted by and will interview with the Seahawks in the near future. Frazier recently interviewed for the Buffalo Bills head coaching vacancy.

SmootSmack 01-08-2010 02:25 PM

DeCosta is another very strong candidate to end up there

MattsRiff 01-08-2010 02:34 PM

I always liked Mora, his football philosophys always seemed sound. Going in I think Seattle was a team that needed a decent amount of work/rebuilding, doesn't seem quite fair to him.

BigHairedAristocrat 01-08-2010 02:44 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;652514]DeCosta is another very strong candidate to end up there[/quote]

wouldnt it be a lateral move to come here, though?

I'd Love Bruce Allen as Team President, Eric DeCosta as GM, and Morocco Brown as Director of Player Personnel.

SmootSmack 01-08-2010 02:50 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;652523]wouldnt it be a lateral move to come here, though?

I'd Love Bruce Allen as Team President, Eric DeCosta as GM, and Morocco Brown as Director of Player Personnel.[/quote]

Wasn't talking about him coming here. Talking about Seattle