Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dream Draft (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34826)

skinsfan242 01-20-2010 02:24 PM

Re: Dream Draft

[quote=Nomad;656807]You had me until I seen Gerhart, you got be kidding, this guy is some RB Stud Blocker, he is no way a franchise running back, to take him that high, he be there in the 5th and 6th round for peanuts........ This hard on you guys have for Gerhart is down right funny....... There are at least 6 other backs, in the draft that are better than him, I'm sure Shanahan, want pick him anytime soon. Gerhart, thats fu#king funny.[/quote]

Relax its a post, he could be a stud and you have absolutelty know way of knowing. Gehart is projected in the second round in most mock drafts. He could be a stud or a bust like EVERYONE ELSE. But after posting I would rather have the D. McCluster from Ole Miss.

diehardskin2982 01-20-2010 02:53 PM

I am happy we picked up Jarmon. He benefitted from learning under Phillip Daniels and if he happens to train with Daniels in the offseason he will be very strong next season.

NYCskinfan82 01-20-2010 02:59 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;657024][B]I am happy we picked up Jarmon.[/B] He benefitted from learning under Phillip Daniels and if he happens to train with Daniels in the offseason he will be very strong next season.[/quote]

Me to, I just hope Daniels ain't back next year we need to get younger although i think he would be good in a 3-4.

KLHJ2 01-20-2010 03:31 PM

Jarmon is about 20-50 pounds too light in the ass to play DE in the 3-4

KI Skins Fan 01-20-2010 04:02 PM

[quote=Angry;657040]Jarmon is about 20-50 pounds too light in the ass to play DE in the 3-4[/quote]

If the Skins go to a 3-4 defense, the real question might be if Jarmon can play linebacker in that defense. He would have good size and skills for that position. For example, the starting OLB's in the Ravens' 3-4 defense are Jarret Johnson at 6-3, 265 and Terrell Suggs at 6-3, 260.

ChickenMonkey 01-20-2010 07:18 PM

1st round#8 OT Anthony Davis(Trade w/Buffalo Bills)add 2nd Round#41
2nd Round#37 QB Tony Pike
2nd Round#41 FS Morgan Burnett
4th Round#101 DT Vince Oghobaase
5th Round#132 OG Mitch Petrus
7th Round#196 OT Tony Washington

Buffalo Coach Gailey's first priority is finding QB([URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4843237"]Chan Gailey looking for starting QB of future for Buffalo Bills - ESPN[/URL])

LandrySlice 01-20-2010 08:45 PM

I had a dream last night that the Cardinals trade up with us to get a new QB, and we get a good tackle late in the draft!

skins89moss 01-20-2010 11:25 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;657049]If the Skins go to a 3-4 defense, the real question might be if Jarmon can play linebacker in that defense. He would have good size and skills for that position. For example, the starting OLB's in the Ravens' 3-4 defense are Jarret Johnson at 6-3, 265 and Terrell Suggs at 6-3, 260.[/quote]

I think it depends on Jarmons ability to drop in coverage and lateral quickness to move to LB in the 3-4. He would need to drop down around 260 and he might benefit with some added quickness. In the 3-4 is London a good fit a the ILB spot?

rao2 01-21-2010 01:12 AM

switch 1st round pick with buffalo at 9 and also get their second round pick over all number 41 and with the 9th pick select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

LandrySlice 01-21-2010 07:06 AM

^ I like that idea as well, and knowing how bad Buffalo needs a top QB prospect, I actually see this happening, and I am happy with those kind of results!

KI Skins Fan 01-21-2010 09:20 AM

[quote=rao2;657146]switch 1st round pick with buffalo at 9 and also get their second round pick over all number 41 and with the 9th pick select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers[/quote]

If Gailey's top priority is finding a franchise QB and the guy he wants is still on the board at #4, I think we could rip the Bills for more than just #9 and #41. We should demand their third round pick as well. The chance to draft a franchise QB demands a premium.

KI Skins Fan 01-21-2010 09:36 AM

[quote=skins89moss;657135]I think it depends on Jarmons ability to drop in coverage and lateral quickness to move to LB in the 3-4. He would need to drop down around 260 and he might benefit with some added quickness. [B]In the 3-4 is London a good fit a the ILB spot[/B][B]?[/B][/quote]

On paper, no. But I would expect that he could make the transition if he must. London Fletcher is a great player. I would expect him to play well in any system.

Also, it's hard to replace the on-field leadership he provides, so I'd expect that the Redskins would want him to stay with them as a 3-4 ILB. But I wouldn't be totally shocked if he asked to be traded if the Skins drop the 4-3 as their base set. That's because he's always been a MLB in a 4-3 defense and [U]he[/U] may not be comfortable in making the transition this late in his career.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-21-2010 10:00 AM

[quote=T.O.Killa;656455]Jarmon weighs 274, they said the main thing he needed to do was bulk up, because his bench press was very weak. that says to me that he could easily get to the 280s. I think hr could be a good fit as a DE in a 3-4.[/quote]

Most 3-4 ends weigh about 300 pounds. I think it would be a lot to ask Jarmon to add 15-25 pounds. Also, if he wasn't considered strong for a 4-3 end, he'd be considered a weakling as a 3-4 end.

He's much closer in size to a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 end.

53Fan 01-21-2010 10:15 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;657197][B]On paper, no. But I would expect that he could make the transition if he must. London Fletcher is a great player. I would expect him to play well in any system.[/B]

Also, it's hard to replace the on-field leadership he provides, so I'd expect that the Redskins would want him to stay with them as a 3-4 ILB. But I wouldn't be totally shocked if he asked to be traded if the Skins drop the 4-3 as their base set. That's because he's always been a MLB in a 4-3 defense and [U]he[/U] may not be comfortable in making the transition this late in his career.[/quote]

Good point. Small ILB's usually don't project well in the 3-4, but there's a difference between "small" and "short". With his weight and tenacity I would imagine he'd play well. As you mentioned, whether he'd want to or not is another question.

KLHJ2 01-21-2010 02:06 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;657049]If the Skins go to a 3-4 defense, the real question might be if Jarmon can play linebacker in that defense. He would have good size and skills for that position. For example, the starting OLB's in the Ravens' 3-4 defense are Jarret Johnson at 6-3, 265 and Terrell Suggs at 6-3, 260.[/quote]

I do not believe that he can convert. Like I have said before he has the potential to be a good DE in the 4-3 but he serves no purpose in the 3-4. He is too small to play DE and does [B]not[/B] posess the natural skills to play LB.