Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   T.I. preparing to drop new album (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34889)

Chevy13 01-22-2010 02:53 AM

T.I. preparing to drop new album

I'm probably the only one who cares around here but I'm bored right now and I'm gona post it :) He's one of my favorite artists and he became my favorite rapper when I saw that video where he was showing respect to Sean Taylor and if you guys haven't heard Dead and Gone he also mentions his name at the end of the song but he had a lot of respect for Sean and I believe I read somewhere that they were friends and would of loved to go to his funeral but he was in jail, but anyways looking forward to hearing his new album

[url=http://thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/ti-preparing-to-drop-new-album]T.I Preparing to Drop New Album - ThisIs50.com : IF IT'S HOT IT'S HERE![/url]

Monkeydad 01-22-2010 11:01 AM

Re: T.I. preparing to drop new album

Who is T.I.?

over the mountain 01-22-2010 11:27 AM

Talent Impaired. hes a radio rapper. sorry to hate chevy but most people my age who grew up to true hip hop of the 90's really have a dislike for these non-talent jingle radio rappers. i was forced to have to associate with these wanna-be radio rappers for about a year in LA. not on TI's level of success but guys signed to major record deals trying to be the next TI.

i got chuckles when i would ask them about true underground hip hop guys like brother ali or mf doom and they wouldnt have a clue to who they were.

Chevy13 01-22-2010 05:10 PM

[quote=over the mountain;657501]Talent Impaired. hes a radio rapper. sorry to hate chevy but most people my age who grew up to true hip hop of the 90's really have a dislike for these non-talent jingle radio rappers. i was forced to have to associate with these wanna-be radio rappers for about a year in LA. not on TI's level of success but guys signed to major record deals trying to be the next TI.

i got chuckles when i would ask them about true underground hip hop guys like brother ali or mf doom and they wouldnt have a clue to who they were.[/quote]

Haha thats cool with me! I knew that not many ppl here would be interested but just putting it out there in case someone knows him or cares :cool-smil T.I. is the only "radio rapper" I like. I especially can't stand hearing 50cent but that's another story :). I also like listening to a lot of underground rap from the 90's so I ain't hating on you :cool-smil

Nomad 01-22-2010 05:23 PM

His Album will be hot, but I won't buy it.

Trample the Elderly 01-22-2010 05:47 PM

Is he any relation to Magnum PI?

itvnetop 01-22-2010 06:16 PM

[quote=over the mountain;657501]Talent Impaired. hes a radio rapper. sorry to hate chevy but most people my age who grew up to true hip hop of the 90's really have a dislike for these non-talent jingle radio rappers. i was forced to have to associate with these wanna-be radio rappers for about a year in LA. not on TI's level of success but guys signed to major record deals trying to be the next TI.

i got chuckles when i would ask them about true underground hip hop guys like brother ali or mf doom and they wouldnt have a clue to who they were.[/quote]

I wanted to say something just like this, but I'm steadily finding myself feeling like an old crotchety man hahaha. I miss names like Big L, Tribe and Boot Camp.

Now, kids have redefined hip hop into hip pop:

[YT]iOJELXkQGJs&feature=popular[/YT]

WTF is this?!

KLHJ2 01-22-2010 06:33 PM

TI is alright, but does his "dropping" of a new album actually warrant a thread? I could drop my album "Who Gives a Shit" tomorrow but would anyone actually care?

Chico23231 01-22-2010 07:00 PM

[quote=itvnetop;657609]I wanted to say something just like this, but I'm steadily finding myself feeling like an old crotchety man hahaha. I miss names like Big L, Tribe and Boot Camp.

WTF is this?![/quote]

that was horrible...still some peeps putting out hip hop gotta look hard these days...Ghostface, Outkast, Mos Def, some Clispe, some Roots, new Raekwon, Nas still putting out a decent product. Old Skool: Tribe, the Coup, Biggie, Jay-Z, Eric B & Rakim, Snoop, Wu-Tang, Pharcyde...that stuff was classic...

firstdown 01-22-2010 07:04 PM

Man you guys are old school. They are going to drop a CD not an album and I donk thingk they even seel albums anymore.

itvnetop 01-22-2010 07:50 PM

[quote=firstdown;657621]Man you guys are old school. They are going to drop a CD not an album and I donk thingk they even seel albums anymore.[/quote]

What's an album or a CD? I only know 8-track...

Zerohero 01-22-2010 08:01 PM

Well Hip Hop is mainstream now, so of course it is gonna be more pop inspired. Even back in the day, they might have sounded more genuine. But it was always bout the paper.

djnemo65 01-22-2010 08:05 PM

[quote=firstdown;657621]Man you guys are old school. They are going to drop a CD not an album and I donk thingk they even seel albums anymore.[/quote]

An album is a collection of recorded songs, it can drop on any format.

And I'm a 90's Hiphop guy too, but I don't think it's fair to just write TI off because he doesn't sound like MF Doom. His sound is commercial, sure, but at his best he's a major league lyricist (although whatever u like is the worst song I've ever heard)

itvnetop 01-22-2010 08:40 PM

[quote=djnemo65;657630]An album is a collection of recorded songs, it can drop on any format.

And I'm a 90's Hiphop guy too, but I don't think it's fair to just write TI off because he doesn't sound like MF Doom. His sound is commercial, sure, but at his best he's a major league lyricist (although whatever u like is the worst song I've ever heard)[/quote]

Hmmm, he's definitely not as bad as some of the cats on the radio now (like lil wayne's entire crew), but i wouldn't put him as major league even at his best. If we're talking crazy lyricists of the present, I'd give that title to cats like Celph-Titled, Esoteric, Immortal Tech, Murs, etc... I think they'd rhyme circles around TI (but this is just imo, of course).

Funny you mention Doom too... dudes got crazy lyrics and wordplay. But I liked his delivery a lot more when he was with KMD. He just sounds real monotone and off-beat nowadays.

saden1 01-22-2010 09:02 PM

[quote=itvnetop;657609]I wanted to say something just like this, but I'm steadily finding myself feeling like an old crotchety man hahaha. I miss names like Big L, Tribe and Boot Camp.

[B]WTF is this?[/B]![/quote]

I don't know but I know that I would like to give it to her, age permitting of course.

Edit: oh wow, apparently the chick in the video [URL="http://www.ballerstatus.com/2009/09/15/ella-ann-of-the-bangz-has-been-shot-and-in-critical-condition/"]was shot in the neck back in Sep[/URL]. What is the world coming to?