Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Superbowl Eats Part 2 (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/34937-superbowl-eats-part-2-a.html)

Trample the Elderly 01-25-2010 03:54 PM

Superbowl Eats Part 2

So anything different this year? We had some pretty good ones last year.

The one I remember the most is that Italian sausage / bacon layered monstrosity that Saden posted.

I think Angry posted beer and hot pockets. I can't remember?

This year I'm not cooking squat. It's going to be Bojangles chicken and dirty rice for me.

What Sayeth the Mob?

firstdown 01-25-2010 04:16 PM

Re: Superbowl Eats Part 2

Not sure about the SB but last night I cooked Beer Butt Chicken and it was great.

SolidSnake84 01-25-2010 04:22 PM

My wife and I make a "dip"...it really simple to make and delicious.

All it is is grilled hamburger meat, nacho cheese, chili with no beans, and then you add a sprinkling of mexican 4 cheese. Very simple to make and everybody always loves it for our SB parties...Mix it all together like a soup and eat with tortillas..

over the mountain 01-25-2010 04:36 PM

^ that sounds good SS. my girl does a 7 layer dip but it always is a pain in the arse to get all the ingredients then have her make it, plus i dont like getting a scoop of just guac only to follow that up with a scoop of all sour cream, etc.

we were going to go to new orleans for the SB (we went there early sept and loved it). so after the game i went on line, found round trip tickets and 1 night at a nice hotel right outside of the french quarter for about 243 bucks a person. but by the time i went to purchase the trip (2 mins) the price had gone up to 358 bucks a person.

thankfully i had a moment of sobriety that said "OTM wait until tomorrow before pulling the trigger buddy." and i did, and im glad. that would have been my car insurance and new carpet money.

drew54 01-25-2010 04:49 PM

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1lb chicken breast
3 8oz Philly Cream Cheese Bricks
8 oz Shredded Cheddar
5 oz Louisiana Hot Sauce
4 oz of Blue Cheese
1 C Celerey finely chopped

Bake chicken until 175* Let cool and then chop into small pieces.
Pour hot sauce over chopped chicken.
Mix cream cheese and chicken mixture. Add blue cheese(I used a cheese grater to finely shred), cheddar and celery.
Bake in 9x9 pan uncovered at 350* for 30 Minutes.

I prefer to eat with Frito Scoops.

Slingin Sammy 33 01-25-2010 05:09 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;658176]My wife and I make a "dip"...it really simple to make and delicious.

All it is is grilled hamburger meat, nacho cheese, chili with no beans, and then you add a sprinkling of mexican 4 cheese. Very simple to make and everybody always loves it for our SB parties...Mix it all together like a soup and eat with tortillas..[/quote]My wife makes almost the exact same dip, it's always a hit around here too.

JPPT1974 01-25-2010 05:11 PM

Love Buffalo Wings and Bleu Cheese, Pizzas, etc.

Lotus 01-25-2010 07:54 PM

1) Indian shrimp curry with rice
2) potato wedges covered in bacon bits and cheese
3) beer (Anchor Porter for me)

BDBohnzie 01-27-2010 11:27 AM

Both my wife and I love crispy buffalo wings, so I'll probably give these a try:
[url=http://pez.multiply.com/recipes/item/2]Peter's Site! - Buffalo Wings[/url]

If it's warm, I'll marinate and hit them with indirect heat on my Weber.

HugeMonkFan 01-27-2010 01:22 PM

im have a bunch of friends over. i bought a bunch of chicken and gonna make chicken fingers with a shitton of different sauces...i got Mozz sticks, and those cheeseburger hotshots things that hotpockets make. i may pick some more crap up but at the moment i think that may be enough...o and cant forget a bunch of soda and beer.

mredskins 01-29-2010 10:20 AM

I have made this in the past, comes out good and easy to make:

It is easy.

8 oz Cream Cheese
cup Mayo
1 Tablespoon Minced Onion (you can use fresh onion too if you want chopped up fine)
teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
Teaspoon Old Bay
Celery Seed
10-12 Large Steamed Shrimp Peeled and Cut up

Mix all in big bowl.

tryfuhl 01-31-2010 09:01 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;658176]My wife and I make a "dip"...it really simple to make and delicious.

All it is is grilled hamburger meat, nacho cheese, chili with no beans, and then you add a sprinkling of mexican 4 cheese. Very simple to make and everybody always loves it for our SB parties...Mix it all together like a soup and eat with tortillas..[/quote]
I make something similar but also add cream cheese, use ground sausage instead of hamburger, and a can of rotel..no chili though

stuff is good!!!

I typically do a cream cheese based clam dip too

there will be bacon wrapped something this year... not sure I'll do anything "fancy"

tryfuhl 01-31-2010 09:02 PM

[quote=mredskins;659001]I have made this in the past, comes out good and easy to make:

It is easy.

8 oz Cream Cheese
cup Mayo
1 Tablespoon Minced Onion (you can use fresh onion too if you want chopped up fine)
teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
Teaspoon Old Bay
Celery Seed
10-12 Large Steamed Shrimp Peeled and Cut up

Mix all in big bowl.[/quote]
very similar to my clam dip.. yum!

tryfuhl 01-31-2010 09:04 PM

[quote=HugeMonkFan;658553]im have a bunch of friends over. i bought a bunch of chicken and gonna make chicken fingers with a shitton of different sauces...i got Mozz sticks, and those cheeseburger hotshots things that hotpockets make. i may pick some more crap up but at the moment i think that may be enough...o and cant forget a bunch of soda and beer.[/quote]
sounds good man.. you can do a dark bbq and a honey mustard to kind of match the saints colors.. maybe a white queso for the colts, not sure what you could put blue on them without dyeing it though heh

BDBohnzie 02-05-2010 12:34 PM

Making chili and buffalo chicken dip for the Super Bowl. Washing it down with [URL="http://www.yuengling.com/news/bock_beer.htm"]Yuengling Bock[/URL].