Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Superbowl Eats Part 2 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34937)

TheMalcolmConnection 02-05-2010 02:43 PM

Re: Superbowl Eats Part 2

We do a chili too and honestly a lot of them are good and similar but just recently we added cubes of flank steak and 2 cans of ranch-style beans. You wouldn't think it would make a difference, but man it's delicious.

WaldSkins 02-05-2010 04:14 PM

Here's what im making for my superbowl pary:
>Homemade swedish meatballs in sauce
>Pork roast in the crock pot that i'm going to make into Pork BBQ
>Baked Mac & Cheese

Schneed10 02-05-2010 08:38 PM

4 pounds of buffalo wings and my homemade sauce. For me. Just me.

HugeMonkFan 02-05-2010 08:50 PM

[quote=Schneed10;660813]4 pounds of buffalo wings and my homemade sauce. For me. Just me.[/quote]

fail. for not sharing...but im having basically the same without bones so i cant complain...although im sharing.

MTK 02-05-2010 08:53 PM

[quote=Schneed10;660813]4 pounds of buffalo wings and my homemade sauce. For me. Just me.[/quote]

The least you can do is share your homemade sauce recipe

Schneed10 02-05-2010 09:07 PM

LOL I'm such a tease.

It's pretty similar to the recipe posted by BD, but it's got my tweaks. This amount of sauce is suited for 2 pounds of wings.

- Preheat oven to 400. Line cookie sheet with foil, hit it with some Pam spray. Spread fresh (never-been-frozen) non-separated wings on cookie sheet, all with skin side up. Put wings in oven for 30 minutes.

- Melt 1/2 a stick of butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Stir in four cloves of garlic, either finely chopped or pressed. This creates garlic-butter for basting.

- After 30 mins of baking, take wings out and brush with garlic butter. If you like your wings damn spicy, sprinkle on some cayenne pepper. Back in the oven for another 10 mins.

- Take 'em out, flip em, baste em again with the garlic butter. Back in the oven for another 10 mins.

- Make the sauce: melt half a cup of butter in a sauce pan. Mix with half cup of Frank's Red Hot sauce. Add 1/4 cup of Frank's buffalo wing sauce. Add 1/8 cup of Tabasco's Chipotle sauce. Mix altogether.

- Take em out, baste em again with the garlic butter, back in for the last 10 minutes.

So all told that's 1 hour of cook time (30 minutes, baste, 10 minutes, baste and flip, 10 minutes, baste, 10 minutes, done).

Bathe 'em in the sauce and enjoy. The garlic butter makes em crisp up on the outside and gives a great garlic base flavor. The chipotle pepper sauce adds a smoky aspect to it, just enough to notice but not dominate the flavor of the sauce.

If you hate chipotle flavoring just leave that part out, the recipe works fine without it. But don't leave out the garlic butter basting, that's the secret.

MTK 02-05-2010 09:12 PM

Nice touch with the Tabasco Chipotle sauce, that stuff is so money

Schneed10 02-05-2010 09:13 PM

[quote=Mattyk;660820]Nice touch with the Tabasco Chipotle sauce, that stuff is so money[/quote]

I put that shit on everything!

It really is awesome.

tryfuhl 02-05-2010 10:46 PM

[quote=HugeMonkFan;660815]fail. for not sharing...but im having basically the same without bones so i cant complain...although im sharing.[/quote]
eww boneless

it's okay to be all processed when it's a chicken nugget, but it freaks me out when it's supposed to be a "wing"

HugeMonkFan 02-05-2010 10:57 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;660830]eww boneless

it's okay to be all processed when it's a chicken nugget, but it freaks me out when it's supposed to be a "wing"[/quote]

well mine is breaded breast tenderloin...no processed bs here lol that shit is gross...like mcchicken gross

MTK 02-08-2010 08:37 AM

Ugh it's a post SB detox today, pounding water like crazy this morning in between cups of coffee

TheMalcolmConnection 02-08-2010 09:52 AM

It's just straight up detox here. Because of the snow we've had since Thursday, the wife and I were barricaded in the house and just drank all day and ate nothing but crap.

WaldSkins 02-08-2010 12:18 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;660762]Here's what im making for my superbowl pary:
>Homemade swedish meatballs in sauce
>Pork roast in the crock pot that i'm going to make into Pork BBQ
>Baked Mac & Cheese[/quote]

I have almost half of this food left

HugeMonkFan 02-08-2010 12:21 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;661523]I have almost half of this food left[/quote]

that sucks...all i have left is cheese sticks and chips lol...and i told people to bring beer and now im stuck with 3 cases lol...im not complaining tho

firstdown 02-08-2010 12:22 PM

[quote=Schneed10;660819]LOL I'm such a tease.

It's pretty similar to the recipe posted by BD, but it's got my tweaks. This amount of sauce is suited for 2 pounds of wings.

- Preheat oven to 400. Line cookie sheet with foil, hit it with some Pam spray. Spread fresh (never-been-frozen) non-separated wings on cookie sheet, all with skin side up. Put wings in oven for 30 minutes.

- Melt 1/2 a stick of butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Stir in four cloves of garlic, either finely chopped or pressed. This creates garlic-butter for basting.

- After 30 mins of baking, take wings out and brush with garlic butter. If you like your wings damn spicy, sprinkle on some cayenne pepper. Back in the oven for another 10 mins.

- Take 'em out, flip em, baste em again with the garlic butter. Back in the oven for another 10 mins.

- Make the sauce: melt half a cup of butter in a sauce pan. Mix with half cup of Frank's Red Hot sauce. Add 1/4 cup of Frank's buffalo wing sauce. Add 1/8 cup of Tabasco's Chipotle sauce. Mix altogether.

- Take em out, baste em again with the garlic butter, back in for the last 10 minutes.

So all told that's 1 hour of cook time (30 minutes, baste, 10 minutes, baste and flip, 10 minutes, baste, 10 minutes, done).

Bathe 'em in the sauce and enjoy. The garlic butter makes em crisp up on the outside and gives a great garlic base flavor. The chipotle pepper sauce adds a smoky aspect to it, just enough to notice but not dominate the flavor of the sauce.

If you hate chipotle flavoring just leave that part out, the recipe works fine without it. But don't leave out the garlic butter basting, that's the secret.[/quote]
Sounds good but doesn't that smoke up the whole house/