Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   Senior Bowl Week - Who's there and who are we looking at? (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/34972-senior-bowl-week-whos-there-who.html)

tryfuhl 01-27-2010 04:29 PM

Senior Bowl Week - Who's there and who are we looking at?

Apparently we have Scott Campbell there as well as most of the coaching staff

Haven't seen a lot mentioned about specific players but this following article mentions CB Syd'Quan Thompson from SC ... Thompson is expected to go by the 3rd round

[URL="http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/redskins-confidential/Season-review-Secondary-82817412.html"]Season review: Secondary | Washington Examiner[/URL]

SFREDSKIN 01-27-2010 09:41 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Week - Who's there and who are we looking at?

[quote=tryfuhl;658607]Haven't seen a lot mentioned about specific players but this following article mentions CB Syd'Quan Thompson from SC ... Thompson is expected to go by the 3rd round[/URL][/quote]

Thompson is from UC berkeley and is a great CB.

backrow 01-27-2010 10:44 PM

These are the ten Redskins.com says to look at!

[url=http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/For_Redskins__All_Eyes_On_the_Senior_Bowl_102125.jsp]For Redskins, All Eyes On the Senior Bowl[/url]

It seems interesting that 3 of the 10 are OL.

tootergray34 01-28-2010 02:18 AM

Andre roberts from the citadel!

Monkeydad 01-28-2010 11:45 AM

Dexter McCluster looks like a great replacement for Randel El if we can get him later.

Pike for QB? Better than Bradford...why? Cheaper, later pick with less injury history.

LOVE that we're looking at a new Center. Rabach needs to go, at least to the bench if not out of town.

Iupati...YES. Maybe we can trade down and pick up another pick or two and still take this guy in the first.

Kicker? If we take him in the 7th. No more wasted kicker/punter picks before the final pick.

diehardskin2982 01-28-2010 01:09 PM

I'm a huge fan of Mike Iupati and want him to become a skin. He is big, nasty and would bring a toughness to our line that we haven't seen since the Hogs. I have suggested in other threads that the Skins should target SF two first rounders as candidate to trade down with.

My dream scenario is this:

Trade SF the 4th pick and Jason Campbell for their 2 first rounders and a third rounder. They do need a QB and a Safety. This move would give them a starting QB and a chance to draft Eric Berry. We use the 13th to draft the best OT available and the 17th pick on Iupati. In the second round we draft QB Colt McCoy or another QB that would warrent a high second rounder. 3rd round pick up Dexter McCluster of Ole Miss. 4th round pick up Matt Tenant Center of Boston College. 5th pick up LaMarcus Coker of Hampton or LeGarrette Blount if he falls this far or another player that fit our needs.

If we do these things and target the best Lineman in the free agent market, resign Levi Jones and grab a Vet QB to compete with the rookie, I think we can win next season.

firstdown 01-28-2010 01:37 PM

I'm looking at the cheerleaders.

tootergray34 01-28-2010 01:45 PM

I doubt we'll land Iupati...I bet he goes late first round...and I don't see that JC to SF scenario panning out...no way that SF will give up 2 first rounders for a average QB.

diehardskin2982 01-28-2010 01:53 PM

[quote=tootergray34;658858]I doubt we'll land Iupati...I bet he goes late first round...and I don't see that JC to SF scenario panning out...no way that SF will give up 2 first rounders for a average QB.[/quote]

The leverage that I am basing this trade on is the willingness of the 49ers to trade up to get a top 4 pick player like Berry not Jason Campbell alone. I think that this trade is more realistic than many average fans think.

GTripp0012 01-28-2010 02:39 PM

I think, that when it's said and done, we'll probably land Tennant in the 4th round. And he will start for us on opening day.

diehardskin2982 01-28-2010 02:42 PM

^ I hope so, I am tired of seeing campbell on his back because Rabach blew his assignment.

hail_2_da_skins 01-28-2010 03:05 PM

I'm a Mizzou fan, so I've watched Sean Weatherspoon throughout his college career. He is a tackling machine. He is an outstanding inside linebacker with speed to play on the outside. He would pair well with London Fletcher on the inside in a 3-4 scheme. Picking him up in the mid to late rounds would be a great pickup.