Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Portis expected to be back (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35064)

wolfeskins 02-02-2010 05:21 PM

Re: Portis expected to be back

[quote=MonkFan4Life;659898]Well I expected Portis to be back and I'm glad that he is. He knows what to expect to from Shanny and he knows what he's getting from Clinton. Same as anyother player on this team.

[B]I really don't get why you all hate/dislike that guy so much[/B].[/quote]

i can't speak for others but the way i feel is i don't hate/dislike portis, i just hate/dislike his actions from time to time. portis the player is fine,it's portis the complainer,portis the no practice,portise the drama queen etc. that gets on my nerves. if he would just show up,practice,workout,participate in all the off season and preseason things,keep his mouth shut and play hard on sundays then everything should be fine.

DCtoAZ 02-02-2010 06:11 PM

it's always about the fact that CP doesn't practice and tops that with complaining ... i think everyone agrees that CP is tough as hell (during the game) and is pure balls when he's out of the field ... it's just all the bullshit surrounding him that is the problem .. i can't even remember the last stretch of 5-6 games where he actually practiced .. even the last playoff run he was not practicing during our winning streak .. CP needs to get his ass in gear and show up at the OTA's and be a part of the team .. if so I don't see why he couldn't go nuts under Shanny just like old times..

Son Of Man 02-02-2010 07:47 PM

Portis is staying unloess a better option falls in our laps. Which is not likely since Portis is still a top 10 back with a HOF skill set. I love the guy. He's a solid performer who leabes it all on the field on Sundays. Why should I give a shit if some of the "role players" on a 4-12 team don't like his attitude or his comments on our pedestrian QB?

Ruhskins 02-02-2010 10:20 PM

[quote=Son Of Man;659933]Portis is staying unloess a better option falls in our laps. Which is not likely since Portis is still a top 10 back with a HOF skill set. I love the guy. He's a solid performer who leabes it all on the field on Sundays. Why should I give a shit if some of the "role players" on a 4-12 team don't like his attitude or his comments on our pedestrian QB?[/quote]

And you're the typical fan of a 4-12 team that is ok with a guy like Portis, who represents many things that have been wrong with our 4-12 team.

That being said, I do hope that the whole issue with Portis' attitude ends now that Shanahan is here. From what Portis has said in public, it seems that he understand that he needs to change his attitude and prove himself to the new regime.

What I'm waiting to see is how Portis reacts to a team that (hopefully) will follow the whole concept of running back by committee or the two-RB system. If Portis is fine with this concept, then I think he has a place with this team. If not, then he will need to part ways with this team sometime in the future.

Hog1 02-02-2010 10:25 PM

CP is reaching the end of his productive years on the field. He reached that end in the locker room some time ago.......See ya..........

djnemo65 02-02-2010 11:12 PM

I seriously will be shocked if he's back. Since a cap free year will mean that he can be cut without penalty (I think, right?), a priveledge that may not extend past this season, CP and his ridiculous contract would likely have been out even if he was still producing at an adequate level, which of course he isn't.

Ruhskins 02-02-2010 11:39 PM

[quote=djnemo65;659959]I seriously will be shocked if he's back. Since a cap free year will mean that he can be cut without penalty (I think, right?), a priveledge that may not extend past this season, CP and his ridiculous contract would likely have been out even if he was still producing at an adequate level, which of course he isn't.[/quote]

I have heard from some ppl here that it will cost pretty much the same to cut him as it is to keep him (I could be wrong), which is why I think we should keep him. Might as well get some carries out of him. Regardless of whether he stays or goes, I would like to see a multiple back system.

GusFrerotte 02-02-2010 11:48 PM

I don't see why he shouldn't be back. I told Matty, you walk the walk you can talk the talk. Not saying I agree with Clinton calling out JC, but every frustrated player talks smack at some point. He should have kept quiet, but it isn't like a constant thing like TO or Ochocinco.

tryfuhl 02-03-2010 02:04 AM

He has done well with the exception of this past year. If he can be healthy this year and put some work into it, he can probably be back into solid form.

DCtoAZ 02-03-2010 02:28 AM

I'ts really about how badly he wants to be hear and participate with this team .. period point blank.

MTK 02-03-2010 08:31 AM

I'm starting to come around to the thought that he will be back. I'm fine with it because I'm confident he will play the good soldier routine under Shanahan. MS isn't going to put up with his BS and he knows it.

mredskins 02-03-2010 08:33 AM

[quote=Mattyk;660017]I'm starting to come around to the thought that he will be back. I'm fine with it because I'm confident he will play the good soldier routine under Shanahan. MS isn't going to put up with his BS and he knows it.[/quote]

He probably knows his market value is garbage and Washington is his best chance to redeem himself.

LandrySlice 02-03-2010 09:01 AM

^ Exactly, this is money tree and he know's what to do!

Monkeydad 02-03-2010 09:14 AM

Spam thread of the year! Breaking news!

We can't financially afford him not to come back. The issue is...will we find a complementary back or hope he stays healthy? Or, will Shanahan successfully install his plug-and-play RB system here?

MTK 02-03-2010 09:15 AM

He gets paid from the Skins whether he's here or somewhere else next year. He had a lot of success with Shanahan's system in the past and he knows what to expect with him, so I think he's got more than just monetary reasons to want to stay.